Lady Gaga's music isn't that good. (Opinion)

No one can deny how much she “borrows” looks and sounds. Her music production may be good but I personally do not enjoy the way she sounds; her vocals especially when tries to belt it out.

i prefer tracks of her like Paper Gangster and I Like it Rough. 

what I dislike most about her is how fake and pretentious she seems to be sorry. 

• Leader
21 hours ago, ovoxo said:

For an album that took 4 years to make, I expected way more :idgi:  It’s a solid album and I like some tracks like Fun Tonight but it was very underwhelming and not as inspired as other albums. Like at least Joanne was super personal. 

I feel like Chromatica is still super personal though, it's just masked by slick production and hard-hitting beats.  :idgi:

I do have to agree with you about Chromatica ... it got old .. fast.

If i had to give each Gaga album a review it would be as followed: 

The Fame - B+ 

great debut record that has a house full of hit. Impactful like Baby One More Time etc. 

The Fame Monster - A 

a flawless pop record that really solidified Gaga has a pop icon.

Born This Way - A- 

great album that takes you on a musical journey. I have great memories with this one. Born This Way and Femme Fatale defined 2011 for me. 

Artpop- C+ 

artpop really didn’t do it for me. The first album I really jumped ship on Gaga. 

Joanne - B 

I actually really enjoyed Joanne when it came out. Now it’s a little bland however John Wayne is still that song. 

Chromatica - C+ 

I feel that Chromatica would have been great with like 9-10 songs. I feel I get really bored with the 2nd half of it and the only true “hit potential “ songs were Stupid Love and Rain On Me . Though I could see Free Woman cracking the hot 100. 

1 hour ago, fays1 said:

I agree if we are talking about Chromatica, but generally speaking I disagree. Gaga mepain is effecting herntal issues and physical pain is effecting her, and I think it will effect her career from now on.

Well she had a fantastic run. It’s only normal to slow down from here on. I can’t name any other artist who started about the same time had the same longevity, apart from Gaga and Taylor Swift.

• Love 1

The Fame Monster was totally epic. I felt Born This Way and Artpop were small departures away from this style buit were still good, just not as good. 

I think she explored Jazz after this and then maybe tried blend her pop and jazz world with Joanne - but the fans didnt want it at all.  My mum was more into Gaga than I was at this point.

I think Chromatica was a very good stab at a dance album - I enjoy the majority of the songs but do admit that some of the lyrics feel ingenuine? When I listen to the fame monster, I felt the lyrics were really on point and she meant what she was singing. 

Now it feels a bit like when Marina released Electra Heart. She admitted that it felt so ingenuine to her that she had to create a character in order to feel comforable with what she was singing. It was still a great album - but it wasnt as cool as The Family Jewels!  

• Like 1
On 7/12/2020 at 9:12 PM, PickleSpears said:

I liked The Fame/Monster and ArtPop. I haven't enjoyed anything else. She doesn't put on good shows either. I'm not a fan. She's all smoke and mirrors and gimmicks. She seems sooo fake to me. And I don't like that she attaches herself to whatever hot topics are at the time and uses them to get fans and publicity. It's very ingenuine.

She has a very bad habit of attaching herself to things that don’t involve her...

• Love 2
11 hours ago, WorkBishStan94 said:

She has a very bad habit of attaching herself to things that don’t involve her...

Exactly. And she claims that she's been a victim of every single movement or social trend out there, then make a song about it and try to make money off it. And then her stupid fans eat it up as she cares about every single issue in this world but it doesn't feel that way.

• Love 1
On 7/13/2020 at 1:04 AM, NotLouTaylor said:

She seems just as tired and unmotivated as Britney. She looks so done. Girl hasn't posted anything relevant since the album release. None of her music’s reflective of how weird she wants to be or thinks she is. She models herself on Madonna, Grace Jones, David Bowie, Grimes, Rina Sawayama, FKA Twigs etc but the music sounds like 20 year-old Ibiza disco. She’s not progressive but she's a good mimic i guess. Chromatica is so boring and predictable tho. Isn't Gaga tired of stealing from lesser known artists that are more interesting than her ? 

Imagine having so much money, talent, music knowledge and releasing basic music like that. 

There's something constant in her career: the quality of what she delivers depends almost 100% on the people she surrounds herself with.

She is capable of the worst and the best depending on whether she is surrounded by geniuses or yes-men.

4B2DF58C-0089-4702-B51A-5BF84AB480C3.jpeg

Can i get some of what you are smoking? Seems good..

I don't understand how someone could praise BTW, but drag all her releases after that point. Like I'm not trying to drag BTW because it has some bops here and there, but for me that was the most testing album/era for me as a Gaga stan. The album has one filler for every good song, and ARTPOP, Joanne, and Chromatica are superior no matter what the gays say. Also the music videos from that album were ****ty (especially TEOG's) and the era died too soon. At least Chromatica's early death can be excused by COVID-19 and the riots, but BTW had no such excuse. It was just not handled well.

• Super Mods
On 7/13/2020 at 4:39 AM, Blackout2006 said:

That was only 1 point of it and i wasnt referring to success.

I just said that britney fans are just mad that gaga now is more relevant than brit brit

The main intention of this post was to say that exhalers loathe gaga, and there is no point of even being feared of being atttacked/cancelled 

I feel like Gagadaily is the same. I love both artist equally and have stanned both, bouncing back and forth from here and Gagadaily. 

Gaga fans have trolled exhale here too in the past and you would know because there was Gaga gifs everywhere even hacked. So it’s been an ever stopping war, it’s childish and doesn’t represent everyone. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I feel like Gagadaily is the same. I love both artist equally and have stanned both, bouncing back and forth from here and Gagadaily. 

Gaga fans have trolled exhale here too in the past and you would know because there was Gaga gifs everywhere even hacked. So it’s been an ever stopping war, it’s childish and doesn’t represent everyone. 

See. Post a thread on gaga and see how many positive comments are there, and compare the ratio of that to the negative post.

8 hours ago, Stefani said:

I don't understand how someone could praise BTW, but drag all her releases after that point. Like I'm not trying to drag BTW because it has some bops here and there, but for me that was the most testing album/era for me as a Gaga stan. The album has one filler for every good song, and ARTPOP, Joanne, and Chromatica are superior no matter what the gays say. Also the music videos from that album were ****ty (especially TEOG's) and the era died too soon. At least Chromatica's early death can be excused by COVID-19 and the riots, but BTW had no such excuse. It was just not handled well.

Born this way is trash too but it has its moments , government hooker , scheibe and heavy metal lover are aight 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block