Lady Gaga's music isn't that good. (Opinion)

I liked The Fame/Monster and ArtPop. I haven't enjoyed anything else. She doesn't put on good shows either. I'm not a fan. She's all smoke and mirrors and gimmicks. She seems sooo fake to me. And I don't like that she attaches herself to whatever hot topics are at the time and uses them to get fans and publicity. It's very ingenuine.

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, Itscuzim31 said:

I agree with the point about Chromatica. i think that people wanted to like Chromatica so bad that they are actually overhyping it. It’s a fine album but very lackluster. 

it’s gonna be one of those albums that in 2 years more fans are gonna admit it wasn’t the best 

I agree about everything you said but I still think it's solid enough to be in her top five best because this is the first time in a long time I'm interested in her since Artpop. 

To me, it's just a slight notch down for it's lackluster but after a couple of listens and focusing on the lyrical content gives an insight into her mindset and how she feels and it's retro 90's vibe could be her being nostalgic of the past. That's my interpretation since it's so imbedded into the album dna and maybe because I'm around her age range growing up with britney and that's like our happy place. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, NotLouTaylor said:

Post-Born This Way i'd say. But I'm mostly talking about Chromatica here. It took her almost 4 years to make this album, but honestly it's a bit underwhelming and front-loaded. 

I personally enjoy the album, but my friend shares the same thoughts you do so I totally understand where you coming from. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, NotLouTaylor said:

She seems just as tired and unmotivated as Britney. She looks so done. Girl hasn't posted anything relevant since the album release. None of her music’s reflective of how weird she wants to be or thinks she is. She models herself on Madonna, Grace Jones, David Bowie, Grimes, Rina Sawayama, FKA Twigs etc but the music sounds like 20 year-old Ibiza disco. She’s not progressive but she's a good mimic i guess. Chromatica is so boring and predictable tho. Isn't Gaga tired of stealing from lesser known artists that are more interesting than her ? 

Imagine having so much money, talent, music knowledge and releasing basic music like that. 

There's something constant in her career: the quality of what she delivers depends almost 100% on the people she surrounds herself with.

She is capable of the worst and the best depending on whether she is surrounded by geniuses or yes-men.

4B2DF58C-0089-4702-B51A-5BF84AB480C3.jpeg

She's one of the last real pop-stars tbh. And the general public would disagree.

And i don't understand why people make threads like this. Music is entirely subjective. You can have discussions, but your just blatantly bashing her. It makes no sense. It's just spreading negativity, no?

• Love 1
  • Like 2

What’s with all the negativity towards all these female artists and the need/desire to share it on this platform. I know that you’re posting your opinion, but I just wonder why the need to even say it. If it’s not you’re cup of tea, then don’t listen to it. There’s so much more music to focus on then on one album or even one artist. I’m not the biggest Gaga fan, but I can sit and appreciate the songs that I do enjoy without bashing the ones I do not. Lately this website has turned into “let’s see who we can bash today just for the hell of it.”

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Me sitting and watching this thread unfold.lady gaga drinking GIF

Trying to hold on for the bumpy ride.john wayne joanne GIF by Lady Gaga

We are all entitled to our opinions.  I definitely think she’s extremely talented, and haven’t listened to Chromatica enough to judge it or compare it to her previous work, but to say all of her music isn’t good...
disagree lady gaga GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

• Love 1
  • Like 3

I agree,(that her last projects are not as good) in general she has made really good music in the past. I think each project of hers got worse on each time , and that's simply because she's not into it anymore, an important ingredient for a good record or good art in general is PASSION , and she seems to be out of it lately, I think she even admitted in 2018 that acting is her thing now , which is really sad for her fans :teigen:, she used to be so good up until artpop (even tho it's not her best album imo) but then she probably lost her passion and creativity , and in my opinion chromatica is really dull ..... I had some hopes tbh I thought she's gonna slay but nope :rihannayas: 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I agree. I used to love Gaga and went and saw her during the Born This Way era.  She was so cool but her formula burnt out quickly for me. Every now and then I still bop along to Rain on Me but her Bad Romance speaking bits in it make me just want to click off the song. Idk.

I'm also tired of her ego,  she's very much like Beyonce with her going after every award and accolade she can.  Like I understand wanting all that success and if I had opportunity I'm sure I would too so not knocking her for it just it seems to have gone to her head.  I think shes talented but very one note with her music. Still her early albums were amazing. 

• Love 4

It's not like her music is bad, mediocre or something...

But the true is, her image as a whole, what she's wearing, what she's saying, what she's doing, is bigger than her music
I mean, she tries to be so artistic and authentic, but her music is 100% mainstream pop (GOOD QUALITY pop, but still pop)

The true is, she seems to be tired and burnt off, maybe would be good to her to have a longer break (not performing)

She is talented, but the rules of mainstream showbusiness really limit her. But it's her choice, you have 1# on Billboard or you are ambitious and artistic musically. 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block