Mandy Moore isn't here for ex-husband Ryan Adams' public apology

• Leader

mandy.jpg.67e7c0d5b98712665a28a358182ec741.jpg

Mandy Moore wants to focus on the future, but her past continues to bubble up.

Her ex-husband, musician Ryan Adams, wrote an apology and published it in the Daily Mail. It comes a year after he was accused by multiple women of ****** and emotional abuse, including Moore. Adams also reveals he's sober now. 

The two split in 2015 after six years or marriage. Moore claims he was "psychologically abusive."

Asked about the apology, Moore said "Um, you know, it’s challenging because I feel like in many ways I’ve said all I want to say about him and that situation, but I find it curious that someone would make a public apology but not do it privately," she said on the Today show.

"Speaking for myself, I’ve not heard from him. I’m not looking for an apology necessarily, but l do find it curious that someone would do an interview about it without actually making amends privately."

In his apology, Adams wrote: "To a lot of people this will just seem like the same empty bull***t apology that I've always used when I was called out, and all I can say is, this time it is different. Having truly realized the harm that I've caused, it wrecked me, and I'm still reeling from the ripples of devastating effects that my actions triggered. There is no way to convince people that this time is truly different, but this is the albatross that I deserve to carry with me as a result of my actions."

Love Mandy's response. She just wants to move forward, but was open to some kind of amends. Unfortunately, he delivered the olive branch in a very public way and just reminding Mandy that he's manipulative. 

Thoughts? Mandy deserves the world.

• Love 2
  • Like 3
  • Leader
3 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

Nah she should still steer clear. Who makes a public apology but can’t privately talk to the people you hurt the most first? Seems like an apology to make himself feel better if anything. Mandy deserves better :martini:

Yea he should have def done it privately. But in AA I believe one of the steps is to apologize for your past mistakes. Not sure he's in AA but is a plausible scenario. At least he's trying I guess. But yea, not good to do it via freaking Daily Mail. :martini:

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Yea he should have def done it privately. But in AA I believe one of the steps is to apologize for your past mistakes. Not sure he's in AA but is a plausible scenario. At least he's trying I guess. But yea, not good to do it via freaking Daily Mail. :martini:

If he was in a program and it was method to his healing, then 100% can support that. But yeah, through the Daily Mail? He could handled things a bit differently. I don’t know how much a public apology means to any of the people he hurt though either, even if it is healing for him. 

Hmmm...I’ve gone thru something similar to Mandy...its weird because on one hand its like...well they acknowledged their behavior but what are they doing to change it :mattafact: and then on the other idk...i find it hard to believe that people change tbh. I feel that once a person is an abuser they will continue to abuse. The only reason this d-bag went public is because he received a lot of public shame :tired:

• Love 1

Yes Mandy. :meryl:

I've been in a similar situation with a friend who wronged me. Like, this was back in college. She posted an apology on social media and tagged me. But she never talked / apologized to me in private. Seems to me she was more concerned about people hating her after what she did. Like, she only did it to save face and stop the backlash. What's more annoying, it was a series of apologies. Like, a monologue one after another every 2 to 3 days. And then I realized like "oh sh t there's a Block feature", so I blocked her. :mattafact:

Mandy is totally right. How come someone who wants to make amends and move on goes public on an apology and not handle it privately as it is supposed to? 

She deserves the best and I'm so happy her career is on its way back on top. 

Btw, just a reminder she just released a new record after 10 years called Silver Landings. Fleetwood Mac, Wild Hope vibes. Let's support her and stream that s.hit. :)

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block