Cancel Culture: How do you feel about it?

6 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I don't think it's computers, etc. 

But what's this outside,  most states aren't allowing us to go outside due to the pandemic. So people are just bored since most are laid off from work. 

I wasn't being literal with what I was saying. I'm pretty sure you got the jist of what I meant. 

• Super Mods

Cancel culture is nothing but a perfect representation of the current sad mindset of most of the population in the present, and it consists of two groups of people:

1. Teenagers with nothing better to do who are either jealous/envious of successful people who have everything they FIRMLY BELIEVE they need in order to be happy, and/or sad teenagers who come from toxic destructive families and feel the need to abuse others because this is their vent. Both groups are extremely sad and I feel nothing but pity for them, being locked inside a mind like that is only a burden and torture. They reflect their true emotions and demons onto stars who are already rich and couldn't care less of their irrelevant opinion.
  2. People from 25 and above. These are already considered adults. This group of people basically failed, or feel like they're failing in life. So instead of finding the reason and the solution to this, they rather stay home and try to cancel people who actually are working to make their lives better. These people also come from the place of immense jealousy and envy, which makes their characters very weak. As a result, they would rather try to "cancel" or, roughly translated, ruin what someone else has made. This is because they are furious they're not the ones who are rich and famous and feel like they somehow "deserved" it.

My point is that cancel culture is nothing but greed, entitlement, envy, and jealousy nicely packed and wrapped in decorative paper, and presented as "cancelling." Believe me when I tell you this,  there is 0 genuity in this - no these people couldn't care less that someone appropriated or made fun of black/asian/middle eastern culture. No they couldn't care less a famous person bullied a fan or another less famous person, they don't give a ****. They just want to "cancel" the famous person out of pure jealousy and spite. Giving in and feeding the "cancelling" population is just putting more gas to the flame. These people can bring us nothing but bad, they're like poison. Ignoring them and letting their voices die out is the best thing we can do .

I feel sad that my generation is represented by those crazy maniacs

It's cool that we are trying to make the world a better place, but, I think people are taking everything too far. I'm not from a english-speaking country, and here most of the problems that there are like "cultural appropiation" and so on nobody talks about them, and nobody cares if a white person is wearing rastas or something, and I think this is how it should be tbh, as long as you are not making fun OF A CULTURE, it is ok.

I think that people should def get called out for their actions, but with receipts, and also, I think we shouldn't cancel people. Like, I wouldn't like having a **** at the top of the charts, but I think that be making somebody's career by totally gone is bad in a way, because I think that that goes against freedom of speech. Art was always meant as a form of expression, as a form of showing people things that they would be afraid to talk about, so, as I said before, I believe that by cancelling somebody you are making them to not have somehow a freedom of speech, Idk if I have explained myself.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block