LGBTQ conservatives deserve to be heard, too!

2 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Do we know any potential candidates that Biden could pick?

I was thinking Michelle Obama would jump in as VP but it hasn't happened yet.  He vowed to pick a woman, I think.  Elizabeth Warren, maybe?  IDK.  There are several women that people are guessing right now but certain groups are demanding a woman of color.

I think it's really important to be able to tolerate peoples' beliefs who differ from our own. It has to be difficult to be a gay conservative. I'm personally a liberal, but most of my current friend group is right leaning. I don't understand the demonization of those who have alternative beliefs to that of our own. Most of us want the best for our world/planet, we just have different ideas of how to get there. :)

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, brycetippe said:

I think it's really important to be able to tolerate peoples' beliefs who differ from our own. It has to be difficult to be a gay conservative. I'm personally a liberal, but most of my current friend group is right leaning. I don't understand the demonization of those who have alternative beliefs to that of our own. Most of us want the best for our world/planet, we just have different ideas of how to get there. :)

I honestly think you can be a liberal and a conservative at the same time - we can't get stuck in our categories.  Empathy is important and it is the only thing that can heal us right now. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I gotta admit I've been surprised at how many LGBTQ conservatives there are on Exhale. I honestly figured everyone thought like me about the pressing issues / the world. Though there's a lot I don't agree with, I do find it valuable to be amongst a community of people who share similar interests in music, yet differing views on other issues. That's been a really interesting experience. 

That’s the TRUE American experience - civil disagreement. Kudos Jordan!

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
19 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I was thinking Michelle Obama would jump in as VP but it hasn't happened yet.  He vowed to pick a woman, I think.  Elizabeth Warren, maybe?  IDK.  There are several women that people are guessing right now but certain groups are demanding a woman of color.

Michelle is seriously a great candidate

and a great candidate for president too In my opinion 

much better than Hillary 

I really like her 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jordeezy said:

I am not going to lie, I was really scared to check the comments because so many harmful words have been thrown around lately.  There are so many LGBTQ conservatives beginning to speak up now because we have seen how the Democratic party has been pushing their goal post further left beyond what we feel comfortable with in many cases.  I am an independent who feels that we need to conserve our way of life as we have made so many leaps and bounds and I do not want us to lose what has been accomplished.  For right now we need to establish the good for ALL, not just a select few.  Honestly, I feel like I am on the outside looking in on today's world - it feels surreal. 

I’m an independent as well and I agree with a lot of what u said. I feel like both parties are going too far to one side and I can’t say I agree with either of them. Economically I find myself much more conservative, while social issues like LGBTQ rights, police brutality, ********, etc. I’m much more liberal. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Michelle is seriously a great candidate

and a great candidate for president too In my opinion 

much better than Hillary 

I really like her 

I know it would make a lot of Americans happy - I do not want another Obama presidency but I do not dislike Michelle.  I would love to hear her policies, though.  That is important.  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Michaelgiftos said:

I’m an independent as well and I agree with a lot of what u said. I feel like both parties are going too far to one side and I can’t say I agree with either of them. Economically I find myself much more conservative, while social issues like LGBTQ rights, police brutality, ********, etc. I’m much more liberal. 

Yes, it has left a lot of us stranded and we feel voiceless and really alone.  

10 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

We all love an unfiltered free thinker :jl:

BUT - I appreciate his pointing out that HCQ can be used as the media did not want him to tell people.  It was being used as only a "last case scenario" until a few days ago they approved it to be used "non-emergent" even though people with Lupus and Malaria have been using it "non-emergent" for years.  It's a cheap ****.

Research showed evidence that HCQ was causing irreversible heart damage and didn’t help any patients suffering from Covid-19. That is why the FDA pulled it this week from being used any further on Covid-19 patients. DT is an idiot and spews nothing but lies. There’s no defense for his ideology, his actions, or anything he does. Also, he’s racist.

Thanks  for coming to my ted talk. Refreshments are in the back. :jl:

7 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I honestly think you can be a liberal and a conservative at the same time - we can't get stuck in our categories.  Empathy is important and it is the only thing that can heal us right now. 

Political_Compass_yellow_LibRight_v2.png

The political compass. Up and Down is regarding social issues, left and right is regarding economic issues. It's a better way to gauge people's beliefs. Like Rand Paul would be in the yellow, Trump in the blue, Bernie Sanders in the Green, and China in the red. :P Much more elegant. I plan to work in politics in the future. Though Canadian politics isn't nearly as extra as the States (Thank god).

• Like 1
  • Leader
7 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I know it would make a lot of Americans happy - I do not want another Obama presidency but I do not dislike Michelle.  I would love to hear her policies, though.  That is important.  

We NEED Michelle. 

I watched her doc on Netflix recently and... I don't know a better woman. I DON'T know a better woman. 

Just now, OnlyFacts said:

Research showed evidence that HCQ was causing irreversible heart damage and didn’t help any patients suffering from Covid-19. That is why the FDA pulled it this week from being used any further on Covid-19 patients. DT is an idiot and spews nothing but lies. There’s no defense for his ideology, his actions, or anything he does. Also, he’s racist.

Thanks  for coming to my ted talk. Refreshments are in the back. :jl:

I must have misinterpreted the article I read about it.  I just read it again and you are right.  Oh well, I know it was being given to patients as a last case scenario but I guess that is over as well?  

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block