LGBTQ conservatives deserve to be heard, too!

I mean , I'm not gonna assume immediately that any gay conservative is ignorant or an idiot , the political spectrum is divided by many opinions and even though I find myself agreeing mostly with liberals I also disagree with them sometimes and there are a few subjects I can agree on with conservatives , so personally I feel more left but not gonna agree with the left on everything some things don't make sense on both sides .... :hillary: 

However , conservative or not , one thing's for sure , Trump supporters are big time ee dee ytssss !  :katycry: 

• Like 6

I am not going to lie, I was really scared to check the comments because so many harmful words have been thrown around lately.  There are so many LGBTQ conservatives beginning to speak up now because we have seen how the Democratic party has been pushing their goal post further left beyond what we feel comfortable with in many cases.  I am an independent who feels that we need to conserve our way of life as we have made so many leaps and bounds and I do not want us to lose what has been accomplished.  For right now we need to establish the good for ALL, not just a select few.  Honestly, I feel like I am on the outside looking in on today's world - it feels surreal. 

• Love 1
  • Like 6
  • Leader
58 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

There are so many LGBTQ conservatives beginning to speak up now because we have seen how the Democratic party has been pushing their goal post further left beyond what we feel comfortable with in many cases. 

I gotta admit I've been surprised at how many LGBTQ conservatives there are on Exhale. I honestly figured everyone thought like me about the pressing issues / the world. Though there's a lot I don't agree with, I do find it valuable to be amongst a community of people who share similar interests in music, yet differing views on other issues. That's been a really interesting experience. 

• Love 3
  • Like 3
21 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I gotta admit I've been surprised at how many LGBTQ conservatives there are on Exhale. I honestly figured everyone thought like me about the pressing issues / the world. Though there's a lot I don't agree with, I do find it valuable to be amongst a community of people who share similar interests in music, yet differing views on other issues. That's been a really interesting experience. 

Well I think the definitions of "conservative" and "liberal" have evolved into something else in the past decade.  It is interesting and it feels bewildering to have people you once agreed with calling you derogatory names because your opinions haven't changed along with theirs.  

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Leader
4 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

It is interesting and it feels bewildering to have people you once agreed with calling you derogatory names because your opinions haven't changed along with theirs.  

Yea, people are complex and can have views that fall on many places on the spectrum between liberal and conservative. I think most people view conservatives as Trump loving bigots - this "you're either with us or against us" - and I'm not convinced that's accurate.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
Just now, Jordan Miller said:

Yea, people are complex and can have views that fall on many places on the spectrum between liberal and conservative. I think most people view conservatives as Trump loving bigots - this "you're either with us or against us" - and I'm not convinced that's accurate.

Trump as president is not simply a response to "Trump loving" - it is more a response to "tired of politicians abusing power".  Hilary Clinton and Bernie Sanders had decades to make changes that they failed to make and enough Americans saw that and decided to give a business man a try.  

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Leader
3 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Trump as president is not simply a response to "Trump loving" - it is more a response to "tired of politicians abusing power".  Hilary Clinton and Bernie Sanders had decades to make changes that they failed to make and enough Americans saw that and decided to give a business man a try.  

However he came to power, it's difficult for liberals to understand how anyone could continue to support him. If people were "tired of politicians abusing power," how do they respond to everything Trump has done (and undone). He abuses his power like no other President in US history has because he is in fact a business man first, not someone who cares for the people he serves. It's also important to keep in mind that Hillary won by 3 million votes. More people didn't want Trump than did. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jordan Miller said:

However he came to power, it's difficult for liberals to understand how anyone could continue to support him. If people were "tired of politicians abusing power," how do they respond to everything Trump has done (and undone). He abuses his power like no other President in US history has because he is in fact a business man first, not someone who cares for the people he serves. It's also important to keep in mind that Hillary won by 3 million votes. More people didn't want Trump than did. 

I don't know which laws you mean regarding Trump - I have a feeling you read articles that were angled to make him look anti-immigrant when obviously his wife is an immigrant and he is pro-immigration.  

• Like 2

I'm sorry, but that "tired of politicians abusing power" excuse that some Republicans used to justify voting for Trump is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Did they not realize that Trump would become a politician by default upon being elected as President? And for the past 3 years he's done everything in his power to push the limits of what a president can do, so if anything he's been abusing his power more than most previous presidents.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Stefani said:

I'm sorry, but that "tired of politicians abusing power" excuse that some Republicans used to justify voting for Trump is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Did they not realize that Trump would become a politician by default upon being elected as President? And for the past 3 years he's done everything in his power to push the limits of what a president can do, so if anything he's been abusing his power more than most previous presidents.

Did he push the limits or did Democrats under him push him to his limits?  You have to admit, they have made his job almost impossible and now we Americans are dealing with this because they fail to respect the elected president. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Leader
10 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Did he push the limits or did Democrats under him push him to his limits?  You have to admit, they have made his job almost impossible and now we Americans are dealing with this because they fail to respect the elected president. 

No one can make anyone do something. Trump certainly did not give his internal power away to Democrats to push him to do all of the abhorrent things he's done. He made those decisions on his own because he's not very bright and isn't concerned with bettering the US, its people or the planet as a whole (my opinion). 

A person who disrespects basically everyone but white men doesn't deserve blind respect imo.

• Like 2
  • Leader
8 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Also, I didn't exactly make this tread to be pro-Trump, just to try and level the opinions within the LGBTQ community.  Thank you guys for not attacking me because I would literally be attacked on Twitter for this topic.  

I think discussions like these, though super uncomfortable for most of us (they're supposed to be), are very important to have. It's what is lacking in general - an attempt to understand the other side. Most people are just screaming at one another back and forth, round and round. That's toxic Internet culture, and I don't want Exhale to be sucked into that vortex. I think it's possible to have these talks and also remain respectful. So far so good. 👍 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block