LGBTQ conservatives deserve to be heard, too!

20 minutes ago, Mercuryrising said:

I would never vote for a candidate who openly didn’t support LGBT rights fully.

although I do agree w republicans on fiscal issues

Obama didnt support gay marriage until 2012 when the supreme court ruled unconstitutional . Look it up on youtube. He stated so many times he didnt support gay marriage. I love that he was the first black president, but this always bothered me. I feel like he didnt support it until it made him look better and made him more liked

• Love 2

Everyone deserves to be heard and is entitled to their own thoughts and opinions but gay republicans do not make sense to me. They're voting against their own community and rights. Of course there are other factors that go into who you vote for than civil rights but why would a suppressed community want to continue to be suppressed when they could vote for a candidate that wants to progress? It's like when women vote for Trump even though he's blatantly misogynistic. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

You can't be conservative and LGBTQ, regardless of how you spin it. 

In the eyes of conservatives, you are less than they are; your sexuality is lesser than theres, and therefore you should have less rights. 

What you do actually are is someone who benefits greatly from privileged and ignorant to history. Conservative Parties, globally, have never supported LGBTQ+ rights.

You can. The idea you have to be leftist if you're LGBTQ is funny omg. :tifflmao:

• Love 3
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, fays1 said:

these people arent the right people to represent Gay Republicans. 

This 👆

Also I'm up to hear everybody opinion as long is not a hate speech. If you look a little forward on the Instagram of the politician from the first post you can see how he promotes usage of guns and prejudice towards LGBT+ community :surething:.

UgG0.gif

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Barajas said:

This 👆

Also I'm up to hear everybody opinion as long is not a hate speech. If you look a little forward on the Instagram of the politician from the first post you can see how he promotes usage of guns and prejudice towards LGBT+ community :surething:.

UgG0.gif

Agree with this. Hate speech has been used against the LGBT community for decades. Along with bull **** conspiracy theories about how we want to turn everyone gay. This **** needs to stop and then I’m fine with hearing the opinion.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, helloitsme said:

Obama didnt support gay marriage until 2012 when the supreme court ruled unconstitutional . Look it up on youtube. He stated so many times he didnt support gay marriage. I love that he was the first black president, but this always bothered me. I feel like he didnt support it until it made him look better and made him more liked

I understand that. Since we have made strides and we now have the majority, I would never support a party who doesn’t support me at this point. I truly think trump does support it but doesn’t want to piss off his base.

I believe the universal support for LGBT rights is inevitable in this country on both sides. I think the religious freedom stuff is what they will focus on.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Barajas said:

This 👆

UgG0.gif

Because im interested in politics, I know who these people are. One is a racist self hating Gay black person, the other is a stareotypical lesbian TERF. I am not a leftist but these people are horrible grifters.

Promoting guns is fine with me though..

9 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

You can. The idea you have to be leftist if you're LGBTQ is funny omg. :tifflmao:

What policies have conservatives supported that benefit lgbtq people?

What you actually are is a centrist or a neoliberal; someone who stands for nothing but reaps the benefits, or someone who believes in social liberties but not economic ones, once again, ignorant to your privilege.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

What policies have conservatives supported that benefit lgbtq people?

What you actually are is a centrist or a neoliberal; someone who stands for nothing but reaps the benefits, or someone who believes in social liberties but not economic ones, once again, ignorant to your privilege.

You need to accept not everyone is going to agree with your views. Some people who are LGBTQ+ are going to have more conservative views.

I'm not even a conservative (Centre Left) but what your saying is just.... I don't even know. :tifflmao:

Idk what privilege you're talking about but it's okay, go be a social justice warrior. :mcwave:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I would consider myself to be more conservative on economic issues. However, if your social issues aren't good then what is the point? If you can't love people from EVERY walk of life, then it doesn't matter how much land you are allowed to own or how many guns you get to keep. If you can't love people, then all of your policies don't matter to me. That's why I don't think I can vote Trump. I haven't voted in the last three presidential elections because I was too busy trying to take care of my own **** to worry about the entire country's, but now I am better and I am trying to be more informed. :chrissy:

I agree with the people in this thread who say they seem a little lost politically. I don't really think I agree with either major party candidate, but I definitely won't be voting for Trump. He treats people horribly. I can't put my name under his. I can't look at my black friends and tell them that I voted for a man that has blatantly ignored the police brutality towards them for the last 4 years. :mattafact:

• Love 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2020 at 3:17 PM, DougFrmBrazil said:

Here in Brazil there are gays that support Bolsonaro.

:truthtea: How do they justify/argue for that?

I can "get" Centre-Right gays or american right-wing gays who don't want open borders and/or protect american precious gun laws (2nd amendment)... But Bolsonary is something else and makes both Trump and european Alt-right/Eurosceptic parties ( the few that exist; most european rightwingers are moderates and preach Human Rights etc (from a swedish POV, we even have conservatives approving of gay marriage and adoption in some cases)) seem soft af.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block