Cancel culture is about to piss off redneck America more..

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/featured/sns-bb-amazon-considers-pulling-dukes-of-hazzard-20200612-o56xuymurzbntnpfgkpwy7vx4i-story.html

Amazon and HBO Max are considering about dropping 1980's iconic TV show. The dukes of hazzard. Both the tv shows and the movie with Jessica Simpson. 

Part of the reason why is the vehicle has ties to the Rebel flag. Now known as the southern pride flag. 

Which I want everyone to know. That flag is apart of a war. They lost 

The Yankees as the south call The wast coast people actually won the Confederate war. 

Like Blanche told one southern ladies group when she was denied to join cos she's has yankee blood.

"Oh who cares about this stupid club, you lost the damn war anyway.". 

It's one of the reasons why the golden girls is iconic 

But anyway with old Hollywood films like Gone with the wind, and now classic TV like The dukes of hazzard being cancelled cos it's out of touch. 

Do you agree that Hollywood should erase everything from the past. To make up for mistakes. 

200.gif?cid=31ad6aa76b2dd62ad6a8322b3165

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny that you bring this up because I was thinking about it yesterday. I am bi-racial and it was...difficult to grow up in America. My dad is from the south and my mother is from Mexico. 

On one side I hear that the rebel flag is flown by people in the south because it represents a rebellious spirit or an identity as a southern american that doesn’t take anyone’s BS. Its “history”...

One the other side (which I’m for) it represents a time in America when it was divided based on the radical idea to free SLAVES. Americans that raised the rebel flag wanted to break away from America and keep slaves. It represents a painful time in history that we all need to acknowledge but we DO NOT need to support this flag.

My thinking is that if you want to feel rebellious why not fly an American Flag? If you are sooooo patriotic why are you flying a flag that supported breaking up America. Isn’t THAT anti-American? Isn’t that extremism? Isn’t that terrorism? Why can’t people grasp this? 

On 6/13/2020 at 1:20 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/featured/sns-bb-amazon-considers-pulling-dukes-of-hazzard-20200612-o56xuymurzbntnpfgkpwy7vx4i-story.html

Amazon and HBO Max are considering about dropping 1980's iconic TV show. The dukes of hazzard. Both the tv shows and the movie with Jessica Simpson. 

Part of the reason why is the vehicle has ties to the Rebel flag. Now known as the southern pride flag. 

Which I want everyone to know. That flag is apart of a war. They lost 

The Yankees as the south call The wast coast people actually won the Confederate war. 

Like Blanche told one southern ladies group when she was denied to join cos she's has yankee blood.

"Oh who cares about this stupid club, you lost the damn war anyway.". 

It's one of the reasons why the golden girls is iconic 

But anyway with old Hollywood films like Gone with the wind, and now classic TV like The dukes of hazzard being cancelled cos it's out of touch. 

Do you agree that Hollywood should erase everything from the past. To make up for mistakes. 

200.gif?cid=31ad6aa76b2dd62ad6a8322b3165

None of this is correct. The movies are going to come back but with warnings in front of them. 
No one is cancelling anything. Companies just do this to virtue signal that they’re part of the solution. 

and these aren’t mistakes they’re a product of their time. It’s history, you can’t change it just because people are up in arms right now. 

Archived