Is our fandom toxic?

1 hour ago, brycetippe said:

That's never been solid logic when discussing problematic behaviour.

When talking about racism in the US:

"The US has always been racist, it's the nature of the US"

When discussing ****** predation:

"Men have always been predators, it's the nature of men."

When discussing corruption:

"Politicians have always been corrupt. It's the nature of politics."

Get my gist? 

kanye west no GIF

ok, go dream your dream, bye~~~

real housewives nene GIF

All popstar fanbases are toxic, especially with social media

I've seen Beyonce and Gaga's be worse but I don't really check for them. Just from what I hear/read people even throwing things at other people for not liking their idol.

People tend to idolize and put a celebrity on an unrealistic pedestal, and when someone questions it, claws tend to come out.

Not the entire fan base but a large portion most certainly is ESP. on this forum and the hypocrisy of some of the toxic fans is almost comical. The same fans who wanna free Britney and piss and moan day in and day out about the cship and the control Jamie and the team have over her also make comments about what she should be recording, how she should be performing, how she should be dressing, how her hair and make up should be, how she should be rushing out to get that gap in her teeth fixed, how she should be behaving on her social media posts, who she should be dating, the very people fighting for her freedom, wanna control every aspect of her life themselves!!!!

• Love 3

Definitely. I felt really badly when Brian Friedman was doing his AMA and he was talking about how he quit the FF Tour bc her fanbase was sending him death threats and being rude af bc of the HIAM choreography. People on here are so horrible to Britney's own family and team but they have no idea what's really going on in her personal life or with her legalities. A lot of people read rumors and think they know everything about her conservatorship but we know almost nothing about it and people just need to stop. We could all be more positive on here.

• Like 2
  • Leader

I think all stan-bases have some level of toxicity and toxic people in them. It's not exclusive to Britney fans. Communities and societies do, too. Hence why the world is in the state it's in right now. Because I think a lot of people are unhappy in their own lives, and that manifests in poor thinking, which translates to bad behaviors. Those repeated bad behaviors become that person's temperament, then over time those moods become their personalities / character. 

Want to change your character? Change your thoughts. 

I think overall most Britney fans are great, positive people. 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

I think all stan-bases have some level of toxicity and toxic people in them. It's not exclusive to Britney fans. Communities and societies do, too. Hence why the world is in the state it's in right now. Because I think a lot of people are unhappy in their own lives, and that manifests in poor thinking, which translates to bad behaviors. Those repeated bad behaviors become that person's temperament, then over time those moods become their personalities / character. 

Want to change your character? Change your thoughts. 

I think overall most Britney fans are great, positive people. 

True. Though the Britney fandom is different because her personal life is so complicated. I don't know if a lot of other fandoms have as many opinions on them as individuals instead as artists/entertainers/performers. Like regarding the ins and outs of the conservatorship and Britney's instagram posts, I think it's quite unique as to how fans critique how she presents herself as an individual. I've seen lots of people on here who think they know better than anyone regarding the conservatorship, her team, and even her family. It's just extremely odd. Maybe it's because her personal life has been so public for so long, in comparison to  other contemporary artists, that people feel differently in regards their relationship with her? We should hire a statistician and sociologist to study fandoms tbh. :fran: