Is our fandom toxic?

• Content Curators

I agree with you I myself find it a little uncomfortable how deep and serious some people take things, how much they claim to know when they actually don't. I have said this before and I will say it again I am a fan of the music and the work that she has done I respect her as a human being and will not cross that line just the same way I wouldn't want others to do to me. 

• Love 5

I wanna be there when you touch fire

2 minutes ago, Midnight said:

I agree with you I myself find it a little uncomfortable how deep and serious some people take things, how much they claim to know when they actually don't. I have said this before and I will say it again I am a fan of the music and the work that she has done I respect her as a human being and will not cross that line just the same way I wouldn't want others to do to me. 

Love this so much. Respecting the boundary between the artist and the person is SO important.

• Love 2
  • Content Curators
1 minute ago, brycetippe said:

Love this so much. Respecting the boundary between the artist and the person is SO important.

Absolutely I have never understood why some people think it's okay to express themselves so carelessly.

• Content Curators
1 minute ago, reecejwilson said:

Not at all but this user on twitter called Bryan Kruachar or something mocked me because I was open about my mental health and thought it was acceptable to do so. There are really nasty people out there. At the end of the day they are adults who live behind a computer screen :chrissy:

So sorry that happened to you, that's what I mean what makes people think they can just be rude, whatever happened to respect.

3 minutes ago, reecejwilson said:

Not at all but this user on twitter called Bryan Kruachar or something mocked me because I was open about my mental health and thought it was acceptable to do so. There are really nasty people out there. At the end of the day they are adults who live behind a computer screen :chrissy:

We definitely need a cultural shift in that area. With all the technological advances we've made in recent years, we haven't really caught up socially/culturally. People use the internet as if it's not real or the actions they take have no consequence. Which they do. It's insane to me. I don't act like that and don't act any different online than in person.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, reecejwilson said:

Isn’t that @/bkstyl3? The guy that got sued by Lou Taylor?

• Like 1

stephen colbert television GIF
Hahaha.  Seriously, though, I do agree with what you said.  On a fan site like this it’s hard because we have all experienced a different Britney.  Like any artist she’s had different eras and ups and downs in her career.  She’s always been humble which is the thing I love about her the most.  It’s like she doesn’t see herself as this pop legend.  There’s certainly a lot of mystery surrounding her, despite her being in the news so often (especially in her early years).  Her case is a bit different, than some other artists, due to her conservatorship.  We don’t truly know the ins and outs.  Sometimes I honestly wonder if she’s just grown to be ok with the situation because she doesn’t want to fight.  I even thought that maybe she feels safe somehow because she’s somewhat protected under it (I’m mostly referring to court dates, but also certain questions in interviews and obligations).  She gave us so much in her early years that I honestly feel she is afraid to share that much again due to the ridicule she suffered.  We may never have primeney back again, and that’s ok.  We can’t compare an almost 40 year old woman to her 19/20 year old self.  She’s grown, she’s changed.  I’m sure she may even struggle with what she once was and who she is today.  It’s normal for people to do that.  The main thing I want for her is happiness and a sense of security within her own freedom.  Whatever that may be.
 :sendinglove:

• Love 4
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, Mattyj7883 said:

stephen colbert television GIF
Hahaha.  Seriously, though, I do agree with what you said.  On a fan site like this it’s hard because we have all experienced a different Britney.  Like any artist she’s had different eras and ups and downs in her career.  She’s always been humble which is the thing I love about her the most.  It’s like she doesn’t see herself as this pop legend.  There’s certainly a lot of mystery surrounding her, despite her being in the news so often (especially in her early years).  Her case is a bit different, than some other artists, due to her conservatorship.  We don’t truly know the ins and outs.  Sometimes I honestly wonder if she’s just grown to be ok with the situation because she doesn’t want to fight.  I even thought that maybe she feels safe somehow because she’s somewhat protected under it (I’m mostly referring to court dates, but also certain questions in interviews and obligations).  She gave us so much in her early years that I honestly feel she is afraid to share that much again due to the ridicule she suffered.  We never have primeney back again, and that’s ok.  We can’t compare and almost 40 year old woman to her 19/20 year old self.  She’s grown, she’s changed.  I’m sure she may even struggle with what she once was and who she is today.  It’s normal for people to do that.  The main thing I want for her is happiness and a sense of security within her own freedom.  Whatever that is.
 :sendinglove:

PREACH

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, runpiggierun said:

Tell me whose fandom is not toxic? That's the nature of fandoms.

That's never been solid logic when discussing problematic behaviour.

When talking about racism in the US:

"The US has always been racist, it's the nature of the US"

When discussing ****** predation:

"Men have always been predators, it's the nature of men."

When discussing corruption:

"Politicians have always been corrupt. It's the nature of politics."

Get my gist? 

kanye west no GIF

• Love 1