Taylor Swift to Trump: we will vote you out

3 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

I know Trump is a sensitive subject here on Exhale, but can anyone defend his latest Tweet? Inciting violence? Disgusting. 

In response to this. Twitter actually says this goes against their rules, but kept it because he's the President. 

Thoughts?

taylor.jpg.69d724a97f703414119300fcb31c6192.jpg
Related:

Does Taylor Swift prefer anarchy?

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

I love this. When some Exhalers attack me this quote is what I think of, too. I don't mind having less traffic because of it. Trump is a monster and morally I can't support him. Exhale is not an unbiased news outlet. People have opinions here and it's important we exercise that. Silence = death 

Not only that, but it is mostly made of a community that often forgets about the Stonewall Riots that paved the way for the rights we have today. In the words of MLK, "I think America must see riots do not develop out of thin air. Certain conditions continue to exist in our society which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. Final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard."

• Love 1

38 minutes ago, sparrowhawk said:

He’s inciting violence? What’s Obama doing here then...? Get real. You’re all being played and turned against each other. Doesn’t matter who the president is as long as the people stay distracted by the smokescreen. Not gonna waste my time arguing either. 

yes he does. he plays a lot with fears and feelings. he doesn't protect as he should the minorities living in the country. he even protected white supremacists more than Black victims :quirkney: do I really need to make you a list about how Trump is trash and has a dangerous behaviour? instead of promoting and trying to fix minorities' (are Black people even a minority right now?) problems, he ****s on them just to appeal to his audience 

and so did Obama. That 'Peace Nobel Prize' was not deserved. under his administration, the USA have faced the longest wars of its history :quirkney: sure jan 

& don't forget that you have probably one of the biggest killers & terrorists in the world atm resting in your country: Bush :quirkney:

invaded a country based on fake proofs lying in front of the UN to 'prevent terrorism' yet killed 120,000 innocent civilians :quirkney:  at least Chirac knew that what Bush was doing was crazy. well, that's terrorism, you bomb hundreds of homes just like that and shows it to TV :quirkney: he's killed more innocent people and kids than Ben Laden :quirkney: and of course, let the country in a messy situation that led to 'ISIS' increasing even more the amount of innocent lives taken away :quirkney: imagine causing a war to 'bring democracy because we care for you' without taking in charge the reparations (including the human ones) and closing its borders to people that have lost their homes because of him :quirkney: and half of America supporting his *** :quirkney:

Britney supporting his *** is probably one of her worst career moves, but I guess that she didn't know a **** about what was going on, or even the consequences (after all she stopped school at 16 & then had only one hour per days of resting, I don't think that she studied/checked the news tbh)

Conclusion: the USA is **** :comingthru: imagine feeling patriotic for that mess of a country that has been built on a genocide ('the last step of a genocide is oblivion') and then practised segregation because they felt racially superior than Black people :comingthru: oh, and I was about to forget, a country full of killers and mass-shooters, the only 'developed' country in the top-10 of the most dangerous country for woman, oh, and also, one of the only ones in the world where you can be 'freely' ****, oh, and also, being part of the KKK and being protected by the president (Trump) because that's 'freedom of speech' and the beat list goes on :comingthru:

2 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

I love this. When some Exhalers attack me this quote is what I think of, too. I don't mind having less traffic because of it. Trump is a monster and morally I can't support him. Exhale is not an unbiased news outlet. People have opinions here and it's important we exercise that. Silence = death 

I actually just pulled the gif up and thought it was perfect.  My sister is a HUGE Taylor fan and she was talking to me about the documentary a week or two ago.  I need to just watch it already.  I’ve been meaning to.  
I don’t blame you for not minding having less traffic because of it.  Actions speak louder than words and his words just make his actions look even worse than they already are.  Haha.  I’m glad that Exhale is a place where people can voice their opinions.  We may not always agree, but that’s one of the beauties of individuality.
 :sendinglove:

• Love 1

It is IMPOSSIBLE for ANYONE, regardless of race, to say that blacks aren't subjected to oppression, stereotypes, and are at increased risk of ****** at the hands of cops. It is also impossible for anyone to negate the effects that slavery has had on their communities.  Yes, it was abolished in 1865 (~155 years ago) but that was limited - they still couldn't vote, suffered at the hands of white supremacists, had their homes burnt by US Knight riders, had to survive the Jim Crow era..etc. Today, parents of black children have to teach them to love themselves because they are painfully aware of the fact that they will be treated differently simply because of the color of their skin. *queue brown skin girl*  This little paragraph, however, only scratches the surface. I am a minority, but I am not black and cannot speak for them. 

The killing of blacks at the hands of cops has been going on for a long time now. This isn't new. It has incited peaceful protests, the #BlackLivesMatter movement, and yes, riots. However, what has changed? When you've tried everything to no avail, what comes next? We are taught in schools about the Boston Tea Party riots and we don't consider them thugs. Matter of fact, we praise them. The Stonewall Riots were in response to police brutality against gay people who, at the time, were not legally allowed to kiss or hold hands in public; those riots paved the way for the rights we have today. Still, we remain painstakingly aware of our history, the limitations we still face, and the things LGBTQ kids still go through today.

41 minutes ago, sparrowhawk said:

He’s inciting violence? What’s Obama doing here then...? Get real. You’re all being played and turned against each other. Doesn’t matter who the president is as long as the people stay distracted by the smokescreen. Not gonna waste my time arguing either. 

You speak of this smokescreen and I think I've read your posts before referring to things of the such. No one can discredit the fact that conspiracies exist and that social media and the government can set waves in motion. There are conspiracies that have ended up being true and others that were debunked. Your efforts to open people's eyes, per se, are great, but do you honestly believe we can achieve transparency without unity? Personally, I don't think so. So for now, we stand by those who need to fight for their rights and we love them and understand their anger for the pain they've endured for centuries. We try our hardest to get us all to be as close to equal as possible and then we tackle the big guys and remove this smokescreen that you so ardently believe is there. 

So when you take a step back and look at all of the above and everything else that blacks have faced, you don't respond with "shoot them if they loot". I think the human thing is to respond with understanding, love, and support. To actually DO something, regardless of whether your last name is Trump or Obama. The issue, however, is that the former has continuously leaned toward and demonstrated discriminatory behavior and regards.  

• Love 1

I'm proud as a Swiftie to see how she's developed her voice. But I'm surprised that anyone in this thread is trying to defend 45 considering that most of the people belong to marginalized groups. I might have to hop on the politics forum and start dragging these racist h oes. 

2 hours ago, Ohmymy said:

smokescreen that you so ardently believe is there.

Boo I know it’s there. Dig a little deeper. 

2 hours ago, Ohmymy said:

shoot them if they loot".

Huh?? Half the people rioting are white. I’m missing the point. Have you seen the video of the white man dressed in black smashing the windows of an autozone? You’re missing the point and making it all and ENTIRELY about color: that’s a factor and a problem. Humans are problematic. But it isn’t the huge deal y’all are making it. Obama could have tweeted the same **** and you’d be cheering. You dislike him and that’s fine; stop trying to twist words and phrases to justify the hate you preach against. 

what happened to that man is terrible. Period. Racism is terrible. Period. Let’s work on ourselves and be the change we want to see instead of rallying around hate, regardless of whom it’s aimed towards.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Deyonce said:

Tell me in that tweet where she told you to do anything.

Sis be careful there’s a certain thread where I tried saying the same thing on here but I got bullied and made to feel like a fool. it’s a thread about Ariana's tweets go read it just tell me why I was made to feel like I wasn’t allowed to have an opinion babe x :ohwut:

8 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

How else does one interpret  "when the looting starts, the shooting starts?" Genuinely asking. 

Isn’t that the law? If someone breaks in your place of business to rob you, who do you call? People with guns. That’s not inciting violence. “Incite” means to provoke. Provoking violence would be to break into a place of business and rob and plunder and take TVs to “memorialize” 🤔 a black man wrongly killed. 

I see it as both things are wrong - the killing, the looting. There’s no reason the chief EXECUTIVE officer of the country shouldn’t reign in potential anarchy and further ****** by enforcing laws. What should he have said? Take those TVs! Shoot those innocents! Burn those buildings! Like huh?? I’m just so sick of everything wrong in the world being Donald Trumps fault. I don’t even like the guy, but y’all need a reality check. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, sparrowhawk said:

Hey dear, i just want to let you know, that this isnt hate for you, but please dont get into the politic exhale platform. You will stir up yourself for a LOT of Drama and that wont really be "great" you know?mIm not hating or shading you, just to tell you, since your a new member and to keep you out of trouble or else you might get some "lil hate" by fellow exhalers:) Love u!:sendinglove:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

Hey dear, i just want to let you know, that this isnt hate for you, but please dont get into the politic exhale platform. You will stir up yourself for a LOT of Drama and that wont really be "great" you know?mIm not hating or shading you, just to tell you, since your a new member and to keep you out of trouble or else you might get some "lil hate" by fellow exhalers:) Love u!:sendinglove:

I totally appreciate you! Thank you!! ❤️

• Love 1
14 hours ago, sparrowhawk said:

Boo I know it’s there. Dig a little deeper. 

Huh?? Half the people rioting are white. I’m missing the point. Have you seen the video of the white man dressed in black smashing the windows of an autozone? You’re missing the point and making it all and ENTIRELY about color: that’s a factor and a problem. Humans are problematic. But it isn’t the huge deal y’all are making it. Obama could have tweeted the same **** and you’d be cheering. You dislike him and that’s fine; stop trying to twist words and phrases to justify the hate you preach against. 

what happened to that man is terrible. Period. Racism is terrible. Period. Let’s work on ourselves and be the change we want to see instead of rallying around hate, regardless of whom it’s aimed towards.

First things first, I am not...nor would I ever, in a million centuries, be your, "Boo". 

I'm quite honestly shocked at your complete dismissal of the fact that this ABSOLUTELY about color. Because the people suffering at this time aren't the white ones. They're black. Then you also completely dismissed that I didn't discredit the existence of this "smokescreen". I just made it clear you ardently believe in it whereas others don't. Matter of fact, I wrote:  "No one can discredit the fact that conspiracies exist and that social media and the government can set waves in motion." Instead you chose to write, "Dig a little deeper". Yes, I saw the video of the cop and still think the problem first lies in helping our black brothers and sisters so that we can all come together after and tear down the government that so clearly doesn't work for us anymore. But at this time in our country, where I wish we could say "all lives matter", theirs evidently seems to matter a bit less. 

I hope you can one day see that you should never say things like this isn't about color and that people are inflating the injustice they suffer to make it seem like something that isn't; it's insensitive, to put it lightly. Selective ignorance can only benefit a person for so long. To that end, I enjoyed discussing this with you and I think I've made my point just as you've made yours and very clearly stated where you stand. I wish you the best of luck (: 

See you around Exhale!

50 minutes ago, Ohmymy said:

I hope you can one day see that you should never say things like this isn't about color and that people are inflating the injustice they suffer to make it seem like something that isn't;

Boo, I never said any of that. Is there a place you can quote me saying such things??? 🥴🥴🤔🤔 It seems you have a reading problem. I’m talking about incidents like this one - 

in which a WHITE person (an undercover COP no less) is compounding the anguish of the black society by fueling the fire and chaos.

Of course black people have been discriminated against. Explain to me how burning down businesses and doing things like this help further any type of message whatsoever other than violence and ignorance..? I’m still waiting.  

I will always defend minorities and the persecuted, but I’ll do it from a place of logic and fact and peace, not emotion and rhetoric and hate. Google KB Balla. Consider this man (and hundreds more like him) in your high and mighty judgements and then explain to me how you’re defending the nonsensical behavior we are seeing.  I’ll be happy and interested to listen. have a blessed day. Love  and light 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block