Taylor Swift to Trump: we will vote you out

IΒ have to admit, IΒ love political Taylor Swift! IΒ really connected with her 'Miss Americana' doc, the parts where she discusses being so propped up and sheltered, literally told when to keep her mouth shut. Coming from a religious upbringing myself, I've literally been brainwashed from childhood through my early 20's to just blindly follow the conservative lead, and keep my mouth in line with the talking points. In my mid-30's, I've become so much more vocal and it's freeing. IΒ can't imagine the fear that SHE must have been feeling, stepping out in front of the camera to encourage people to vote, and align herself with the LGBT and other progressive causes.Β 

Taylor is 100% on the ball with this, and it's disturbing hearing my conservative family rallying around Trump's tweet, as if there were only "Thugs" in that Target store. There's such a big issue here, and it's never going to go away under this Country's current Leadership.Β 

#November

• Love 4
  • Haha 1

"... THERE IS A TIME FOR SILENCE, THERE IS A TIME FOR WAITING YOUR TURN. BUT IF YOU KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, & YOU SO CLEARLY KNOW WHAT YOU NEED TO SAY, YOU’LL KNOW IT. I DON'T THINK YOU SHOULD WAIT. I THINK YOU SHOULD SPEAK NOW."

- TAYLOR SWIFT,Β SPEAK NOW (2010)
(STILL SO RELEVANT.)

✊🏻 ✊🏼 ✊🏽 ✊🏾 ✊🏿

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

Not here for out of touch richΒ celebrities telling me who to vote for or how toΒ live my life.Β 

Those were some pretty strict guidelines on that tweet. Very specific!Β 

I can't believe I now have to go and change my whole way of living. Sigh.Β 

Nick Jonas Wow GIF by Jonas Brothers

• Content Curators

Not people In this thread trying to stand up for trump after he threatened to shoot people for looting

that's not even legalΒ 

he’s a s hit stain on America and before speaking out on the death he ofc has to stand up for the backlash against The protestsΒ 

anyways for people thinking how bad rioting isΒ 

what did we achieve after bombingΒ the crap out of the Middle East after 9/11

why did the Boston tea party happen? And what did it do?

or for stupid redneck Americans: why does no one make global news when they start riots after their favorite football team loses?Β 
everyone has to say something when it’s for black rights

Β 

Β 

• Love 2
  • Leader
3 hours ago, Mattyj7883 said:

Netflix Lover GIF by Taylor Swift

I love this. When some ExhalersΒ attack me this quote isΒ what I think of, too. I don't mind having less traffic because of it. Trump is a monster and morally I can't support him. Exhale is not an unbiased news outlet. People have opinions here and it's important we exercise that. Silence = deathΒ 

• Love 7
  • Like 1
  • Leader
2 hours ago, dr35 said:

IΒ have to admit, IΒ love political Taylor Swift! IΒ really connected with her 'Miss Americana' doc, the parts where she discusses being so propped up and sheltered, literally told when to keep her mouth shut. Coming from a religious upbringing myself, I've literally been brainwashed from childhood through my early 20's to just blindly follow the conservative lead, and keep my mouth in line with the talking points. In my mid-30's, I've become so much more vocal and it's freeing. IΒ can't imagine the fear that SHE must have been feeling, stepping out in front of the camera to encourage people to vote, and align herself with the LGBT and other progressive causes.Β 

Taylor is 100% on the ball with this, and it's disturbing hearing my conservative family rallying around Trump's tweet, as if there were only "Thugs" in that Target store. There's such a big issue here, and it's never going to go away under this Country's current Leadership.Β 

#November

Gained so much respect for her after watching the documentaryΒ 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block