Lady Gaga's Apple Music Interview: "I'm making a dance record again" (full interview)

Just now, Urbanney said:

You guys are sounding really critical for supposedly being fans :teigen:

Spread love and positivity y’all. Gaga’s been through a lot and she’s always seemed to put her heart and best into her work, whether it turns out universally loved or not.

Without criticism she won’t do better. Stupid Love is 100% her worst lead single. She should be getting better, not worse.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
32 minutes ago, Deyonce said:

Imagine saying Stupid Love is her worst lead when Perfect Illusion exists...

I said what I said. Perfect illusion is her 2nd worst imo. But at least it aged well like the rest of Joanne and gave us something different. It was truly an influential album even though it didn’t sell millions. SL is just a bad rehash of sounds she’s already done better.

• Like 2

It’s really hard to rely on Gaga these days. She’s not as consistent as she use to be, and her music is very hit or miss.

It also worries me that she’s talking about all this mystical stuff and being really cringe again. We’re all still traumatized after ARTPOP and Joanne, so I just want a truly great Gaga album and era! I want to be able to play the entire record without skipping a song! 

• Like 1

I’m genuinely surprised by all of the negativity. 
Aloha, btw. It’s been years since I commented or posted! 
Side note: I’m really loving and appreciating the evolution of breatheheavy/exhale. You’re onto something really special Jordan. ☺️ 

Anyway, I’ve been unbelievably stoked for the new Gaga record. I’ve been feeling very nostalgic too, so a dance record is perfect. I also really, really enjoyed Stupid Love and it’s been a solid grower for me. It reminds me of Applause in that way. When I heard Applause for the first time, I was left wanting more/unimpressed. Now I listen to that song and I think it’s such a fantastic pop record. It glistens. 
Gaga is not ugly, and she certainly isn’t over. I’m beyond grateful for what she chooses to share with world, and her commitment to creating entire sonic and visual worlds for her fans to explore. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Dwb25 said:

I’m genuinely surprised by all of the negativity. 
Aloha, btw. It’s been years since I commented or posted! 
Side note: I’m really loving and appreciating the evolution of breatheheavy/exhale. You’re onto something really special Jordan. ☺️ 

Anyway, I’ve been unbelievably stoked for the new Gaga record. I’ve been feeling very nostalgic too, so a dance record is perfect. I also really, really enjoyed Stupid Love and it’s been a solid grower for me. It reminds me of Applause in that way. When I heard Applause for the first time, I was left wanting more/unimpressed. Now I listen to that song and I think it’s such a fantastic pop record. It glistens. 
Gaga is not ugly, and she certainly isn’t over. I’m beyond grateful for what she chooses to share with world, and her commitment to creating entire sonic and visual worlds for her fans to explore. 

People are tired of everything being so corporate and cookie-cutter. Gaga was the anthesis of that in her heyday but she sold out. She was always very commercial, but there was an edge to her work and a commentary on fame. Now she seems to be a sanitized half-****** version of her former self to sell makeup.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block