Lady Gaga's Apple Music Interview: "I'm making a dance record again" (full interview)

On 5/20/2020 at 6:36 PM, Roxxy said:

She's really raising everyone's expectations by saying this.:imacat: I just really hope she doesn't disappoint. I'm very excited for Chromaticaezgif-2-b9502a805e77.jpg

Gaga and Christina both dont learn... they constantly hype fans up for their next album and talk about it like its the best thing ever and peoples expectations get so high that most of us end up being dissapointed lol

• Love 1
3 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

Gaga and Christina both dont learn... they constantly hype fans up for their next album and talk about it like its the best thing ever and peoples expectations get so high that most of us end up being dissapointed lol

Cause they always talk about being "an artist" but somehow their message is always lost during interviews. If only they could find a way to just reign in on their ego and always trying to prove their "artistry". I'm so tired. :imacat:

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Cause they always talk about being "an artist" but somehow their message is always lost during interviews. If only they could find a way to just reign in on their ego and always trying to prove their "artistry". I'm so tired. :imacat:

Yeah they always feel like they have to proove that they are more than just a pop star. I got it with Christina in the beginning because she wanted to get as far away from Britney comparisons as possible but it got annoying after 2010. Didnt gaga once say that artpop was the album of the decade or something? They should talk less and sing more 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

Christina in the beginning because she wanted to get as far away from Britney comparisons as possible but it got annoying after 2010

Yeah Xtina was fine and I get her and I respected her for that. But all eras since Bionic, the message and intention just became too convoluted with the way she expresses herself. I mean, I still understand what she means during every interview cause i'm a fan and I know her, but as someone who works in PR, it gives me a headache. :kidcries:

6 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

Didnt gaga once say that artpop was the album of the decade or something?

She said that for Born This Way AND ARTPOP. Like, girl you can't say that for every album you make. :blol:

On 5/20/2020 at 8:15 PM, Roxxy said:

Yeah, she's Artpop-ing it again. Not that I don't like ARTPOP. I actually love it. But I mean, raising everyone's expectations is not always good. :imacat:

That's my problem with her. She releases good dance pop music, but she talks about it like some mystical spiritual artistic experience

Gurl what the **** you sing about dancing  loving Sexing smoking drinking ******* cheating drinking and there's nothing wrong about it

I think she's really insicure and she tries to portrait herself as something she's really not

Embrace your pop style instead of denying it

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Alex_1991 said:

She releases good dance pop music, but she talks about it like some mystical spiritual artistic experience

Omg yes you explained that perfectly. :haha:

Xtina is that way too. Like, there's nothing wrong with making pop music. Just be unapologetic about it cause it ain't that deep. Not every pop song you make has to have many layers and meanings. Ain't nobody got time to decipher them. We just want to bop to it. :prettyney:

On 5/20/2020 at 7:03 PM, Needleney said:

She really really need a good material album if she wants keep me interested in her. Im not down for another ****ty album.  I’ll be done with her i think. But if its a good album, im all here.

stupid love was trash

update: i also don't like rain on me. :shocked:

• Super Mods
2 minutes ago, Alex_1991 said:

That's my problem with her. She releases good dance pop music, but she talks about it like some mystical spiritual artistic experience

Gurl what the **** you sing about dancing  loving Sexing smoking drinking ******* cheating drinking and there's nothing wrong about it

I think she's really insicure and she tries to portrait herself as something she's really not

Embrace your pop style instead of denying it

I don’t think she really likes pop. I think she didn’t took it seriously and probably saw herself more of an actress. Like Britney she’s lacking her passion. She’s definitely at a crossroad and maybe after this she might take a break and focus on her personal life. Maybe that’s why she established Haus. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Yeah Xtina was fine and I get her and I respected her for that. But all eras since Bionic, the message and intention just became too convoluted with the way she expresses herself. I mean, I still understand what she means during every interview cause i'm a fan and I know her, but as someone who works in PR, it gives me a headache. :kidcries:

She said that for Born This Way AND ARTPOP. Like, girl you can't say that for every album you make. :blol:

I think Christina feels like her fans want and expect that artsy fartsy talk so she says stuff even if there isnt really much behind it and thats why it comes across so annoying now. Like during Stripped and Back 2 Basics and even Bionic there was a vision and there was meaning and you could tell that the music meant a lot to her now its just like "eh here are some songs I like and Im going to pretend that I care just as much as I did back then by saying similar stuff about it even if it doesnt make sense anymore"

Gaga is just delusional. But I still stan Milion Reasons. Im a sucker for good ballads.

12 hours ago, ExXL said:

Ditto  :raven: , in general she's just not delivering pop , I think she's a bit overrated , she's talented and has great singing skills no doubt . but she's not really fitting in the pop formula but she started with pop so I guess making another pop record is more for her fans or something ($$$) ...... :jl:

She's a pop artist, and you're complaining that she made a pop album? Huh? It seems like you're also contradicting yourself by claiming that she's "not really fitting in the pop formula" even though all the current songs that we know of from her  new album are generic pop songs that are literally formulaic (like watered down Dua Lipa-esque pop).

I'm not even sure what else she has to prove at this point when it comes to her sound. She's done the dance pop thing since 2008 with some experimental country/blues rock stuff in between on Joanne and ASIB, and proved successful with that. If she wants to do more simple pop records then more power to her. 

9 minutes ago, Stefani said:

She's a pop artist, and you're complaining that she made a pop album? Huh? It seems like you're also contradicting yourself by claiming that she's "not really fitting in the pop formula" even though all the current songs that we know of from her  new album are generic pop songs that are literally formulaic (like watered down Dua Lipa-esque pop).

I'm not even sure what else she has to prove at this point when it comes to her sound. She's done the dance pop thing since 2008 with some experimental country/blues rock stuff in between on Joanne and ASIB, and proved successful with that. If she wants to do more simple pop records then more power to her. 

I'm not contradicting myself , maybe you misunderstood me , I said she started her professional career with a pop record , and over the years she has failed to deliver it  in the pop scene, she's never been consistent with making pop music, her writing skills are not bad , but as a pop star she doesn't really have it (in my opinion) and I'm entitled to my own opinion , when I see her on stage I think she has a talent as a singer , but not as a pop star , she doesn't own that spark of a true pop star like Britney or Madonna or Janet , the way she moves and acts on stage seems a bit forced in my eyes, and in general I'm not into her music besides the fame, and some songs on btw ..... :joanne:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block