Is JLo a style and music thief?

• Content Curators
5 minutes ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

The “Play” chorus thing had me shook :eheeek: and the If You Had My Love thing Got me angry angry jim carrey GIF did not know puff daddy paved her Way to stardom. That is literally ******* ones Way up to the top lana del rey love GIF

and did she not sing the chorus for jenny from the Block either? Now thats the real dealbreaker :cigney: 

Not that artists don’t sample but she has sampled and stole SO MUCH 

even on the floor isn’t original 

10 hours ago, Style. said:

I love me some Jennifer. She’s clearly a talented dancer and a performer. I’m just so used with her being so relevant that I can’t really hate on her. 

Let’s not even start with Ashanti. Girl is pressed because she has no career, no sound, no image, no nada. Of course I won’t hate on Jennifer because she stole some parts here and there from a nobody. 

The fact that power bottoms put Shakira and J.LO against eachother during the halftime show, proves nothing but how insecure, delusional and malicious they are. 
Literally the general public loved the Super Bowl. They love both Shakira and J.LO which, again, proves that they are still relevant and very well known by this generation. 

Targeting/classifying a specific group as one that hates JLo makes u stereotype that bottoms are unworthy *****es that do not recognize talent. Can everybody just voice whatever they think? Their bed preference is irrelevant.

Also, it's super despicable and comparable to racism today that you won't 'hate' on somebody, since they "only" stole form a nobody. That's what white folks have been doing for many years. Stealing from black 'nobodies'. It came to bite them back in the ***, because you should always acknowledge your influence, and give credit where credit is due. I hope JLo gets cancelled really.

At the end, I don't hate on her. I just don't support her nor ever will. (because of this partially, partially because her song release choices make my ears bleed and also because I am not entertained by her big booty dances tbh)

5 hours ago, CloseMyEyes1457 said:

Targeting/classifying a specific group as one that hates JLo makes u stereotype that bottoms are unworthy *****es that do not recognize talent. Can everybody just voice whatever they think? Their bed preference is irrelevant.

Also, it's super despicable and comparable to racism today that you won't 'hate' on somebody, since they "only" stole form a nobody. That's what white folks have been doing for many years. Stealing from black 'nobodies'. It came to bite them back in the ***, because you should always acknowledge your influence, and give credit where credit is due. I hope JLo gets cancelled really.

At the end, I don't hate on her. I just don't support her nor ever will. (because of this partially, partially because her song release choices make my ears bleed and also because I am not entertained by her big booty dances tbh)

I was waiting for someone to make this political...congrats...

Anyway, everyone’s tastes are different so just take it for what it is. You don’t like J.Lo, millions others do. Now what?

JLo will go down in history as one of the greats. Her impact and influence over the last 2.5 decades is not to be taken lightly.

its very common for basic artists to record demos and backing vocals for more successful artists to sing. It just so happens this was blown out of proportion for JLo. She became one of this stars that the industry likes to hate on but much to their dissatisfaction her net worth keep growing.

oh and she’s the same age of my mom but dances and performs much better than pop stars half their age. If that is not commitment and talent idk what is. 

14 hours ago, Sia said:

I was waiting for someone to make this political...congrats...

Anyway, everyone’s tastes are different so just take it for what it is. You don’t like J.Lo, millions others do. Now what?

I wasn't discussing somebody's taste as unworthy. I see the US has been pretty happy with both Shakira and JLo.

Does it matter I find JLo basic? It doesn't. I am one of billions. 

My argument was solely that we should not disregard, discredit or not acknowledge 'lessers' that paved our way. Those nobodies helped JLo big time become the star she is today. 

5 hours ago, CloseMyEyes1457 said:

I wasn't discussing somebody's taste as unworthy. I see the US has been pretty happy with both Shakira and JLo.

Does it matter I find JLo basic? It doesn't. I am one of billions. 

My argument was solely that we should not disregard, discredit or not acknowledge 'lessers' that paved our way. Those nobodies helped JLo big time become the star she is today. 

And those “lessers” also had their own influences, it’s a never ending cycle unless you invented the wheel itself.

”those nobodies helped JLo big time become the star she is today...”

You could say that about anyone...quite literally anyone, but it doesn’t take away from that individual’s own talent. There’s a reason Ashanti didn’t keep the songs, there’s a reason Christina Milian is a writer not a performer anymore. It just didn’t work for them because it worked for someone else who could likely deliver it better. Is that a crime?

Think of all the songs given to Britney over the years...are we going to start saying Britney is responsible for Christina never having the same level of stardom? Are we going to say Britney blocked Christina simply because the industry preferred Britney over her?

We all know Cathy Dennis sang the majority of Toxic, where is the outrage and thread about how that makes Britney less of an artist?

I remember reading Jordan's post, honestly not surprised,  it just further confirms to me JLO is all about that paper. She just wants the money I think she knows she's not an amazing singer. Her work ethic and hustle has gotten her farther than her talent but I guess its all combined. She's smart and strategic even about who she makes collabos with its always who hot at the time to stay relevant.   

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block