Is JLo a style and music thief?

Let's just say this. 

Yes she performed at halftime.

But... shakira had more screentime. Actually had people interested in her catalog. Managed by Jay Z and roc nation is her label as well. Jlo got a good solo 4 minutes in their 13 minutes slot.

I wonder why. .. oh I know. 

Mariah Carey is part of the rocnation. Jay Z knew what he was doing.

Shakira won.

Announced a tour that will sell out again. A new album.

Jlo. Didn't announce an album or tour. Just one or two singles. No wonder epic records dropped her. She hasn't delivered her first of 6 albums she was obliged to. 

When she signed that contract back in 2014. 

• Like 1

I believe producers and the ‘powerful men in charge’ had a big say in things, giving Jennifer certain songs because they thought with her image, she’d have way more success (than a poc for ex). I’m sure at the end of the day, Jennifer was complicit in stealing the songs but she was offered great songs, why would she reject them? She definitely should have at least recorded her own vocals or blended in her vocals on some songs (like Play, for example, where the chorus is all Christina Milian). Or maybe just added (Feat Christina Milian) into the title and give her more credit 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

Ultimately, Jennifer Lopez is a legend and has cemented herself in the history books of pop culture. Her Superbowl performance was incredible and her talent is undeniable.

28 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Let's just say this. 

Yes she performed at halftime.

But... shakira had more screentime. Actually had people interested in her catalog. Managed by Jay Z and roc nation is her label as well. Jlo got a good solo 4 minutes in their 13 minutes slot.

I wonder why. .. oh I know. 

Mariah Carey is part of the rocnation. Jay Z knew what he was doing.

Shakira won.

Announced a tour that will sell out again. A new album.

Jlo. Didn't announce an album or tour. Just one or two singles. No wonder epic records dropped her. She hasn't delivered her first of 6 albums she was obliged to. 

When she signed that contract back in 2014. 

Did u watch SB? Jlo set was half of 13 minutes. Both of them had the same time on stage. It felt more Shakira cause she had more songs in her medley.

Also Just days after her history-making Super Bowl LIV performance seen by a global audience of 100 million, Jennifer Lopez has signed a major multi-year touring deal with Live Nation, Billboard has learned exclusively

Also her footwear collection came out later in spring.

and then she has a world of dance. and later this year i guess her movie marry me  is coming.

So she is pretty busy like always. 

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mefeater.com/ten-songs-jennifer-lopez-shamelessly-vocally-stole/amp/

Early 90s and early 00s is what honest and some people will call manufactured jlo.

Most of the music She recorded during the Tommy Mottola was basically complete songs. Jlo just re recorded the verses mostly keeping the chorus and Bridges by other female singers..

It's evident due to the controversy That the iconic I'm real (****** Remix) when the verse comes in where jlo says the N word. 

Ja Rule and Ashanti all have said. That was Ashanti blended with jlo in several interviews. 

Once Tommy was fired. It was evident that Jlo became more involved that her vocals carried the whole thing. 

• Like 1
  • Content Curators

But she gave us the best superbowl ever, she puts on great shows and she is an incredible dancer.

Sure she cant sing, act and looks like a mummy without makeup but cut her a break :crying4: she's just trying to stay out of poverty :crying4:

By the way most of her movies are boring as flunk aside from Selena and Monster in law everything else is a snore fest.

I wanna be there when you touch fire

• Content Curators
Just now, Roxxy said:

Maid in Manhattan? Are you kidding me, that is a rom-com classic. :omg: And you didn't like Hustlers? :deadbanana:

:sponge: Maid in Manhattan is so borrring along with the wedding planer and all those other movies who's names I don't remember 

I haven't seen hustlers though :jlostare: please don't judge me.

1 minute ago, Midnight said:

Maid in Manhattan is so borrring along with the wedding planer and all those other movies who's names I don't remember 

I haven't seen hustlers though please don't judge me.

Maid in Manhattan is nowhere near The Wedding Planner or all the other horrible flop films she did. MIM is a rom-com classic already. :omg:

But she got nominated for a Golden Globe for Hustlers. :imacat:

I thought Boy Next Door was not bad. And the lead guy, Ryan Guzman was atleast good looking enough to keep you interested. :mhm:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
  • Leader
6 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mefeater.com/ten-songs-jennifer-lopez-shamelessly-vocally-stole/amp/

Early 90s and early 00s is what honest and some people will call manufactured jlo.

Most of the music She recorded during the Tommy Mottola was basically complete songs. Jlo just re recorded the verses mostly keeping the chorus and Bridges by other female singers..

It's evident due to the controversy That the iconic I'm real (****** Remix) when the verse comes in where jlo says the N word. 

Ja Rule and Ashanti all have said. That was Ashanti blended with jlo in several interviews. 

Once Tommy was fired. It was evident that Jlo became more involved that her vocals carried the whole thing. 

@Spicechinodiva Merged your thread with this one 🙏 

• Content Curators
6 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Maid in Manhattan is nowhere near The Wedding Planner or all the other horrible flop films she did. MIM is a rom-com classic already. :omg:

But she got nominated for a Golden Globe for Hustlers. :imacat:

I thought Boy Next Door was not bad. And the lead guy, Ryan Guzman was atleast good looking enough to keep you interested. :mhm:

ryan-guzman-in-shirtless-with-tribal-jea

you got that right.

• Haha 1

I love me some Jennifer. She’s clearly a talented dancer and a performer. I’m just so used with her being so relevant that I can’t really hate on her. 

Let’s not even start with Ashanti. Girl is pressed because she has no career, no sound, no image, no nada. Of course I won’t hate on Jennifer because she stole some parts here and there from a nobody. 

The fact that power bottoms put Shakira and J.LO against eachother during the halftime show, proves nothing but how insecure, delusional and malicious they are. 
Literally the general public loved the Super Bowl. They love both Shakira and J.LO which, again, proves that they are still relevant and very well known by this generation. 

With all due respect, JLo is only doing what the industry has normalized over the years. The reason why most pop artists will remain silent about this, is because they do the exact same thing, and label it a "business".

It's just how ruthless the entertainment industry is, unfortunately. If anything, everyone can agree that JLo's forte is her performances. She always brings something entertaining to the table, and this is how I see her; an entertainer.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block