Katy Perry's new song "Daisies" debuts at #40. Why?

• Content Curators

The hair change kinda ruined her.

Katy with black hair was a goofy but **** hottie, and people found her down to earth and cute when she did all the cringe stuff, but once she got the Miley Cyrus hairdo, she lost that bombshell look immediately and everything became 1000x more cringey.

I hope she's gonna go back to being a brunette once her hair is less damaged.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

No matter what happens Katy is here to stay! She is a freaking ICON!!! The only reason a lot of viewers watch Idol is because of her! Plus that check she is getting BBBAAABBBYYY! Queen is getting paid. I STAN everything Katy does and don't really care what everyone else thinks of her. She to me is right behind Britney!

shania twain whatever GIF

Katy Perry Reaction GIF by Top Talent

26 minutes ago, Invitation said:

The hair change kinda ruined her.

Katy with black hair was a goofy but **** hottie, and people found her down to earth and cute when she did all the cringe stuff, but once she got the Miley Cyrus hairdo, she lost that bombshell look immediately and everything became 1000x more cringey.

I hope she's gonna go back to being a brunette once her hair is less damaged.

Sounds simple but I agree. Image for pop-stars like her is that important. Ever since she switched back to being Katy Hudson, she's been flopping except for Never Really Over. She jumped the shark with the haircut, passing her prime, Witness and Bon Appetit. Her success was fueled by radio and she's just not it anymore.

5 minutes ago, waynebradybyday said:

Sounds simple but I agree. Image for pop-stars like her is that important. Ever since she switched back to being Katy Hudson, she's been flopping except for Never Really Over. She jumped the shark with the haircut, passing her prime, Witness and Bon Appetit. Her success was fueled by radio and she's just not it anymore.

It reminds me of when Keri Russell was on Felicity and she cut her hair, and the show got canceled because she got so much backlash and they lost tons of viewers.

Bad Hair | The Way You Look Tonight

It's like Katy's career never recovered since she chopped off her hair and went blonde. The black hair really made her stand out next to the other pop girls. She seemed more creative and in a way relatable. Next to the other blondes, she kinda feels bland.

Pin on OH BABY I'M A POP STAAAR 

Beyonce isn't really blonde here, so here's a blonde pic of her The Liza Family Blog: Transformation: Beyoncé gained 15 pounds for ...

• Love 1
  • Haha 7
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Alex_1991 said:

Despite the song being bad, she's the clear example of a popstar which is only represented by her songs. 

I mean... She had HUGE success in the past because her songs were hit, but she failed in creating a solid fanbase. The GP never cared about her, they cared about her hits. 

Britney can still sell 400k copies with glory despite the album being ignored by the GP, that's because of her huge fanbase. 

Katy perry simply doesn't have the same fanbase. 

When her music got boring and she stopped making hits, no one checked for her except her fans, which are way less than what we all thought. 

I like her, but she's the striking example of a disposable popstar. Sad but true. 

Wow I never thought about that................ I mean I don't really know any hardcore Katy Kat, but maybe this is exactly why haha

1 hour ago, YvonneSpears said:

No matter what happens Katy is here to stay! She is a freaking ICON!!! The only reason a lot of viewers watch Idol is because of her! Plus that check she is getting BBBAAABBBYYY! Queen is getting paid. I STAN everything Katy does and don't really care what everyone else thinks of her. She to me is right behind Britney!

shania twain whatever GIF

Katy Perry Reaction GIF by Top Talent

Yes darling, Katy is here to stay on the bubbling under hot 100 charts. As Katy once said about Mariah, “she’s good for a throwback.” Funny how the tables turned. mariah carey sunglasses GIFhappy britney spears GIF by X Factor Global

• Love 1
  • Haha 4
  • Like 2

The song and video aren't good.

People want fun Katy, not this serious crap.

Also that stupid bish Taylor really turned people against her and you can target her career floundering around the time of Bad Blood's release.

I really like Katy but she's been a little too serious and no one liked that hippie shyt that ruined Never Really Over. Which is why no one checked for Harley's In Hawaii (such a crime).

5 hours ago, Urbanney said:

She’s been releasing singles for a year or 2 already now, so it’s not exciting to have a new one. I mean, she basically just released NWW.

Also, Daisies is kinda boring and a downer (even though the lyrics are encouraging) in a time when the world is already a downer. We need happiness and love, not to feel even worse. 

I agree with you.    So many artists these days are "singles" artists because of streaming.

Not too many people make albums feel "events".  So when you're just doing one off singles for so long and even if those aren't really getting traction then you're kind of in a bad position.

But with that said, "Daisies" has been in the top 5 on iTunes since its release so maybe its too early to really call this one.

It’s called karma. Why would we support someone who’s openly attacked Britney on 3 occasions? Didn’t her manager even make  fun of slumber party flopping and tweeted that Britney fans should worry about requesting that on radio instead of worrying about what Katy said? Yeah, a #45 debut is better than her evil personality deserves, in my opinion.

• Love 4
  • Leader
5 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

It’s called karma. Why would we support someone who’s openly attacked Britney on 3 occasions? Didn’t her manager even make  fun of slumber party flopping and tweeted that Britney fans should worry about requesting that on radio instead of worrying about what Katy said? Yeah, a #45 debut is better than her evil personality deserves, in my opinion.

EVIL?! :umwtf:

1 minute ago, JordanMiller said:

Jordan, I’m beginning to get scared to say anything on here in fear of being called out. I respectfully do think that Katy Perry has an evil personality. Who makes fun of someone’s mental and emotional breakdown on 3 occasions? We all know the issue with Taylor. She made fun of Ed sheeran. She mocked 5H winning a VMA by saying “who are they” in disgust. The model from her teenage dream video said she treated him like 💩. It goes on and on. I will never support her again. I’m sorry if I’m coming off as rude. But I’m a diehard Britney fan and if anyone is nasty to her, I cannot support them. And Katy was nasty towards Britney THREE times (and that’s just what we know of).

• Like 5
  • Leader
2 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Jordan, I’m beginning to get scared to say anything on here in fear of being called out. I respectfully do think that Katy Perry has an evil personality. Who makes fun of someone’s mental and emotional breakdown on 3 occasions? We all know the issue with Taylor. She made fun of Ed sheeran. She mocked 5H winning a VMA by saying “who are they” in disgust. The model from her teenage dream video said she treated him like 💩. It goes on and on. I will never support her again. I’m sorry if I’m coming off as rude. But I’m a diehard Britney fan and if anyone is nasty to her, I cannot support them. And Katy was nasty towards Britney THREE times (and that’s just what we know of).

Maybe my expectations of wanting peoples' comments to be positive is unreasonable. I want you to feel free to express yourself, but I also think calling someone evil... I just personally don't see Katy Perry as that. Hence my reaction :imacat:

• Love 1
  • Like 2

The song is great but maybe people were looking for a different music video. It is hard to release something those days with the worldwide situation. But at the end, it's all about music. I'd rather listen to a song on Spotify than watching the music video. I cannot wait to listen to her new album. I am sure it will be a good one - and yes, I loved Witness.

4 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

Maybe my expectations of wanting peoples' comments to be positive is unreasonable. I want you to feel free to express yourself, but I also think calling someone evil... I just personally don't see Katy Perry as that. Hence my reaction :imacat:

Can I call Katy Perry mean? What do you call someone who makes fun of someone’s mental breakdown on 3 occasions? I’m not wishing her ill. I wish her well. I just won’t support her. And I stand by the fact that #45 is better than the song deserves. Stream Kim Petras instead 

Also, I’m not the only one having emote issues ☹️ Someone else said they’re having the same problem. Any update for a fix? *in my Madonna voice* “I want so badly to use the JL emote”

On 5/18/2020 at 12:37 AM, Britney'sBish said:

The song and video aren't good.

People want fun Katy, not this serious crap.

Also that stupid bish Taylor really turned people against her and you can target her career floundering around the time of Bad Blood's release.

I really like Katy but she's been a little too serious and no one liked that hippie shyt that ruined Never Really Over. Which is why no one checked for Harley's In Hawaii (such a crime).

Ouch shots fired! Poor Katy! Witness was tepid for me at best. Not horrible, not remarkable. Daisies just kinda meh. 
Dr. Luke was bops studio magic for Katy. 
But I won’t broach that subject...

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

Understatement. This does not include sales from her website, so lets wait and see. I also saw another where they said a few houra ago she could hit top 25 even top 20 after all sales are calculated. And shes been floating in the top 10, more like top 6 since last week Friday. Holding thumbs. She deserves more.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block