Katy Perry's new song "Daisies" debuts at #40. Why?

• Leader

Our next #JusticeFor campaign should be for Bionic "Daisies."

Katy Perry's new music video for her lead KP5 single isn't lighting up the Internet the way I thought it would. At the time of posting, the video only racked up just over 5 million views since it's debut. It's her most underwhelming debut to-date. 

By comparison, her ballad, "Never Worn White," in which she announced her pregnancy, was viewed around 10 million times in its first day. "Never Really Over" surpassed that with 10-15 million views in its first day. Katy has 271 million followers combined on social media. Why is "Daisies" not slaying? 

I think there are a couple of reasons:

• She hasn't ever disappeared from the spotlight. American Idol I think is hurting her music career.
  • She's consistently released songs over the last year or two, so this doesn't feel like a "lead" single.
  • She stopped connecting with the GP.

It's also worth mentioning that it debuted at #40 on the Hot 100.

I don't know. Am I the only one that still cares about Katy? Whether you're a Kat or not, I'd love to hear your opinions. 

And stream Daisies smh.

katy.jpg.5abccb3996e6bd03cb3b395c4f297f25.jpg

• Love 6
  • Like 2

It's funny cause us discussing Katy was one of our first discussions when I registered. Since then, I did give a listen to some more songs and albums. 

I actually have to agree with first two of your points. I do think that could be the case. The third one, not sure. 

It's maybe stupid to say but she changed her looks, her black hair was somehow her thing and she rocked it well, although some wigs she wore in some of the videos were very cool too. She softened and her energy is different, I think people are maybe not responding so well to that too...

• Like 4
1 minute ago, OnlyFacts said:

Because she sucks. Karma is a *****, isn’t it Katherine? You shaded Britney Spears 3 times, threw shade at Mariah, dissed Ed Sheeran, we all know the issue with Taylor, etc. I could go on an on. It’s clear Dr. Luke was responsible for your career. The second you stop working with him your career died. Bye girl! I’ll order the funeral flowers because your career has the coronavirus. 

Also, hi everyone! I’m new here 🙂

Welcome! And damn, you have some strong feelings towards Katherine :imacat:

• Haha 5
  • Leader
20 minutes ago, IgorMarleyBasic said:

It's funny cause us discussing Katy was one of our first discussions when I registered. Since then, I did give a listen to some more songs and albums. 

I actually have to agree with first two of your points. I do think that could be the case. The third one, not sure. 

It's maybe stupid to say but she changed her looks, her black hair was somehow her thing and she rocked it well, although some wigs she wore in some of the videos were very cool too. She softened and her energy is different, I think people are maybe not responding so well to that too...

The GP still connects with her? But where are the receipts :cackling: 

Can we really blame it all on her hairstyle change (though I do think that was legit kinda catastrophic for her which what does THAT say).

• Leader
7 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Because she sucks. Karma is a *****, isn’t it Katherine? You shaded Britney Spears 3 times, threw shade at Mariah, dissed Ed Sheeran, we all know the issue with Taylor, etc. I could go on an on. It’s clear Dr. Luke was responsible for your career. The second you stop working with him your career died. Bye girl! I’ll order the funeral flowers because your career has the coronavirus. 

Also, hi everyone! I’m new here 🙂

Welcome to Exhale! @OnlyFacts

What a first post :OMGney:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, JordanMiller said:

Can we really blame it all on her hairstyle change (though I do think that was legit kinda catastrophic for her which what does THAT say).

well, a shallow society :imacat:

4 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

The GP is clearly on to the fact that Katy is a mean girl. She needs a complete image overhaul that doesn’t include dressing up as a hamburger. Start with bringing the black hair back. I have no respect for ANYONE who shades Britney. 

thanks for the welcome, everyone! 

• Love 3

Yeah I think she started American Idol too early in her career. If she were following Britney’s footsteps she should’ve appeared on reality tv two years from now. Even then, Britney still had her mega successful Scream & Shout hit and people were still perched for Work *****. Then again Britney has always minded her own business so maybe this is karma for all of the negativity she’s spread. I know, I know “second chances” but she’s had plenty of chances to stop making fun of Britney and stop being petty. She says she doesn’t care about charts so why should the gp. If the music is good then that’s all that matters. I know deep down she still cares about charts but if she’s saying she doesn’t then the gp shouldn’t be bothered either. Just my two cents :yaknow:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block