The Spice Girls' HBO concert special surfaces

The full length New York show was leaked in full. This was for a full HBO concert special titled: Spice Girls: Girl Power Live from Madison Square Garden.

Unfortunately, a deal fell thru involving money.

Simon Fuller knowing that this would be the only tour with all five girls, offered it to HBO for $25 million. They counteracted with $8 million.

Sadly, the deal fell thru as Simon felt this was the biggest girl group tour and reunion - especially considering that The Spice Girls  remains iconic to this day.They're the only British girl group to conquer America and to still maintain an interest in the American touring industry. 

Enjoy what could have been a ratings smasher. 

spice.jpg.6153a197a5d42b7d805c16044ee938b9.jpg

• Love 7
  • Like 2

I don't know who was in charge of certain creative directions in Britney's POM residency, and I need to watch the entire Spice Girls show to find more similarities, but I feel like whoever did POM took many references from this tour, like the walking the guys in Holler was translated into the Freakshow performance, or Geri walking on top of the guys in It's Raining Men, was Britney walking on top of the guys in Womanizer 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block