Which of the OG millenial teen pop stars had the best aesthetic?

The best of the gals  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Honestly back in the day I loved all of them, Britney more so, but all four of these og millennial pop girls were a big part of my childhood. I would definitely ad Shakira and Shakira is still my fav today but back in the day I loved them all! I honesty would say out of the four (Britney, Christina, Jessica and Mandy) that Mandy Moore turned out the best and is a very talented actress and she definitely has aged the best.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Slave_4_u said:

Honestly back in the day I loved all of them, Britney more so, but all four of these og millennial pop girls were a big part of my childhood. I would definitely ad Shakira and Shakira is still my fav today but back in the day I loved them all! I honesty would say out of the four (Britney, Christina, Jessica and Mandy) that Mandy Moore turned out the best and is a very talented actress and she definitely has aged the best.

It's funny because I met Shakira way before I met Britney, so to me she's in like a completely different basket, with my other Latin idols.

Don't know where you're from, so probably you don't know any of these artists, but to me she goes with them

cd-hitsvol2-thalia-fey-shakira-sasha-ov7

But if it comes to female solo artists, I guess it would be Shakira, Fey and Lynda, to me

cft8vnewcaeyoek.jpg tumblr_py8nrfSrFA1r90m4vo1_400.jpg hqdefault.jpg

But I'm just an old guy trapped in the past :yaknow:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It's funny because I met Shakira way before I met Britney, so to me she's in like a completely different basket, with my other Latin idols.

Don't know where you're from, so probably you don't know any of these artists, but to me she goes with them

cd-hitsvol2-thalia-fey-shakira-sasha-ov7

But if it comes to female solo artists, I guess it would be Shakira, Fey and Lynda, to me

cft8vnewcaeyoek.jpg tumblr_py8nrfSrFA1r90m4vo1_400.jpg hqdefault.jpg

But I'm just an old guy trapped in the past :yaknow:

I am from USA and I associate Shakira with the Latin boom like Ricky Martin the late 90’s early 2000’s so I do group them of the same time period because Shakira’s first English album is when I first knew her. Now I listen to all her albums Spanish and English but I was Introduced by her First English album Laundry Service in 2001, same year Britney released “Britney”, Mandy Moore and Jessica Simpson both had new albums out. So they all group in late90s/early 200’s pop for me. 

• Like 1

Bias aside (and I'm pretty biased) its Britney.. Hands down, she had the look, the music, the dancing, the performances, the wow factor, everything.. She even had the most iconic breakdown, like come on, you know your iconic when your breakdown and worst performance is looked at as iconic.. The other 3 have nothing on Britney.. Christina was like the annoying kid in school that always reminded the teacher that there is homework, Jessica was a bit bland and Mandy faded quickly in the music scene but has excelled in the movie scene.. Britney has been the one throughout the 2000s decade that just was THAT girl.. She shocked people, she entertained people, she had the public against her only for them to turn around and root for her.. I haven't even started on her countless iconic looks and visuals, from the schoolgirl outfit, the red catsuit, the snake, the airhostess, the circus look, the leather look, she did basically everything that pop girls are doing to this day and the kiss between her and madonna is the single most iconic thing that MTV has ever witnessed..

If i had to rate them on personal taste it would be:

1. Britney

2. Mandy (I lowkey stan Mandy, i love her as an actress and i actually quite like her new album)

3. Jessica - She ok but a bit bland, I don't mind a few of her songs but get that billiondollar empire sis

4. Christina - I don't rate her at all, I think she screams too much in her music, I was 8 when Britney came out so I was in the midst of the whole Britney v Christina thing, and was always team Britney.. I never liked Christinas music, i never liked her as a person, she was always a nasty piece of work.. I thought I would revisit her music a few years ago coz I'm older and wiser and over the whole BRitney V Christina thing coz theres no competition, but when I listened to her stuff i was so bored and my ears hurt.. She never really had any iconic looks or videos (apart from Dirrty) and i just found her to be an annoying little b***h *****face!!! but thats just my personal opinion, she obviously appeals to people and thats fine, I'm glad she does to them what Britney does for me.. but theres no comparrison.. Britney was and still is the original princess of pop!

16 hours ago, BritneySpurs said:

I agree with you. I still think that Gaga is the closest to "pop princess" after Britney but even her fans hate a lot of her music. And she does't have that many albums so even just hating one is a good portion of her work. Personally, I only like two of her four solo albums. And don't get me started on her newest song. It doesn't give me hope for her new album. When the general public is only into a couple of your few albums, can you really be a "princess of pop"? She's highly respected and I totally get that but music-wise she's not there.

Gaga have 1 really good  album: The Fame Monster.

Born This Way is all over the place and is ageing horrible.
Artpop....:gagaf:

Joanne is boring as fk

A Star Is Born songs are extremely generic (well, so is the movie). I really don't know how Shallow won a Oscar when  ''Is That Alright'' was the true gold in that soundtrack.

Gaga last POP album was over 7 years ago cus she couldn't stand the criticism to be a popstar.

2 hours ago, MareuOli said:

Gaga have 1 really good  album: The Fame Monster.

Born This Way is all over the place and is ageing horrible.
Artpop....:gagaf:

Joanne is boring as fk

A Star Is Born songs are extremely generic (well, so is the movie). I really don't know how Shallow won a Oscar when  ''Is That Alright'' was the true gold in that soundtrack.

Gaga last POP album was over 7 years ago cus she couldn't stand the criticism to be a popstar.

Her fans fall for any and everything 

15 hours ago, Slave_4_u said:

Why? She wasn’t like them at all.

I’ve read that in the States it was the blond pop stars but overseas it was Britney, Christina and Pink. And when you think about it, Pink was big enough internationally to do a Pepsi commercial with Britney and Beyoncé so it seems legit. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block