Britney Spears is hopping on a remix of Selena Gomez's "Boyfriend" (rumor)

I actually really like Boyfriend and lord knows I need some new Britney music in my life! 

Like someone else said, maybe Boyfriend was actually recorded by Britney first and they are adding her original vocals. I mean it could be a Glory leftover, she worked heavily with Justin/Julia on Glory....someone said it could’ve been for the project she was working on after Glory but she would’ve been dating Sam then so the song wouldn’t have made sense for her at that point!

3 hours ago, Ashwin said:

I'm here for that. Do you guys remember that time there was a rumor that she'd be featured on Justin Bieber's Boyfriend? Haha

I didn’t like Justin at the time (like almost every other 11 year old boy in this planet back in 2012 lol) but I really liked that song, I wasn’t a full on Britney fan at the time but now I wished that had happened. Would’ve been a great song and probably #1 since I think it went #2 anyways

• Love 1

I’d believe it. There are a few song on this album that seem to be cast offs or were passed around. There’s a version of I think Rare that Charli XCX did before it got passed to Selena. I wouldn’t be surprised if Britney recorded boyfriend for Glory and they’re getting around to using it now. Either way, Britney has worked with those people

Hope this isn’t true. Last thing we need is for Britney to lower her standards, yet again, and hop on a duet that she probably won’t be aware of with a former Disney starlet who’s notorious for not being able to sing. But yes, continue to tarnish her musical legacy Team B since that’s all y’all know how to do. :tina:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
47 minutes ago, Charlotte_the_Harlot said:

If it's true, then Britney's vocals must have been recorded very long time ago... 
Or Selena's team just bought some random Britney's vocals from old rejected songs, and then put it in the remix :reductive:

It’s possible Boyfriend was a Glory leftover that Selena tweaked since it looks like  Justin/Julia are the main writers, so they may be adding her original vocals. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

but he gave us the Apple Pie exclusive :explainlol:

I remember this. I lost a bet to a friend here, so I had to create this topic, the funny thing is that this rumor was spread to websites all over the world 😂