Which was the best and worst album and era of Britney vocally?

puresin_rg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think there IS a BOMT version, but I always thought she re-recorded it for Oops. But I'm not sure :idkney:

there was but it sounded exactly the same, the instrumental was a bit different but not by much

23 hours ago, Louis_j said:

Her worst vocals are from FF, even BJ vocals (for the little ones we have) we're way better. :mcorangu:

She sounds like a robot on most songs..

Honestly this, but I think it’s mostly due to the producers rather than Britney herself! I mean you can clearly tell her vocals were pitched up in both IWG and Criminal and the majority of her vocals with manipulated to hell on BJ too! 

2 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Honestly this, but I think it’s mostly due to the producers rather than Britney herself! I mean you can clearly tell her vocals were pitched up in both IWG and Criminal and the majority of her vocals with manipulated to hell on BJ too! 

Her voice was the weakest around 2011. Even the prerecorded vocals from the FFT are horrible. I think that was due to her feeling bad / over-medicated.

2 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

She delivered better vocals with BJ :

Baby is easily her best for me, both in terms of the album vocals and the live performances. She started to struggle towards the end of the era though, her vocals were already beginning to change into that exaggerated tone that became more evident during Oops.

As for worst, it's one of the post-comeback albums/eras for sure. We've practically only had a handful of live vocals since then, so it's hard to make a judgement on that. I think Femme Fatale takes it though. The vocals she did actually lay down for Britney Jean weren't always great, but she sounds disinterested through most of FF, just as she was through most of that era.

Live

BOMT

Britney/Oops

In the Zone

Studio

BOMT

Britney

Oops

In the Zone

Blackout

Glory

Circus

Britney Jean

Femme Fatale

4 hours ago, Louis_j said:

Her voice was the weakest around 2011. Even the prerecorded vocals from the FFT are horrible. I think that was due to her feeling bad / over-medicated.

Yeah but some of FF was recorded in 2009 like IWG which I mention and you can clearly tell they upped the pitch on the vocals like on Criminal and even on 3 tbh...idk what Max and Dr. Luke were thinking. 

Archived