Is 'Confessions on a Dance Floor' Madonna's Most Overrated Album?

3 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

4.)MDNA (waayyyyyyyyy overdone, overproduced, over-cooked and everything over. It wasn’t a good record, at most, it’s lukewarm:chrissy:)

3.)Madame x (it’s very experiment and a good record. Better than any record she released in the previous decade:surejan:)

2.) Confessions on the dance floor- (I respect both of your and @huffingpuffing opinion, but I think the songs were something really different in a perspective from Madges discography)

1.) Ray of light (it’s fantastic:lizzie:)

based on the fact that you didn't say anything actually good about the music on Confessions, I think deep down you think Madame X is better..

come... join us :miley:

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

I personally have the album on CD and used to listen to the non-stop version but now that my iTunes stopped working and I have to only use Apple Music I have to listen to the non stop version :/

but I just feel like the non-stop version kind of just exposes the fact that a lot of the songs on their own just aren't that good, without the gimmick of the album being played start to finish.

While I agree with you that most of the songs are not on par with Madonna's previous work, I was never bothered about their individual quality because i've always seen it as just one whole record - which was the intention from the beginning. It's the sum of all its parts. It's a great record but just not her best. :imacat:

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

i'm sorry! i just think albums like Madonna, Erotica, American Life, and Madame X are way more cool and hip seeming

Erotica and American Life. Taaaste. :barbie:

I don't know about the others tho. They seem more like hipster's choice than "cool" to me - which is not a read or shade to these two albums but I don't think it was ever considered "cool" to like these albums. They're cult status. :imacat:

Edited by Roxxy
  • Love 1

Like A Prayer remains her best.

Confessions is a very good record but its more of a victory lap on a legendary career than anything progressive for Madonna the trailblazer.

Madonna has like 6 or 7 brilliant pop albums:

- Her self titled debut

- Like A Prayer:yasqueen:

- The Immaculate Collection

- Erotica

- Something To Remember

- Ray of Light

- Music

Ray of Light may feature slightly more cohesion and maturity but in terms of scope, insight and songwriting Like A Prayer is unmatched.

Til Death Do Us Part, Express Yourself, Like A Prayer, Promise To Try, Cherish, Oh Father and Spanish Eyes are perfect pop songs/ballads.

"I'm down on my knee's/I wanna take you there"

:yasqueen:

6 minutes ago, DonoDotto said:

:ban::ban::ban:

People here literally thinking its edgy to like Madame X or Bedtime Stories more than Confessions :cackling:

Confessions remains unbothered and legendary. It does not care about your hallucinatory "opinions" :queenflopga:

Not you throwing shade at me like that Donie. Disappointed in you tbh.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, glorytotheworld said:

Like A Prayer remains her best.

Confessions is a very good record but its more of a victory lap on a legendary career than anything progressive for Madonna the trailblazer.

Madonna has like 6 or 7 brilliant pop albums:

- Her self titled debut

- Like A Prayer:yasqueen:

- The Immaculate Collection

- Erotica

- Something To Remember

- Ray of Light

- Music

Ray of Light may feature slightly more cohesion and maturity but in terms of scope, insight and songwriting Like A Prayer is unmatched.

Til Death Do Us Part, Express Yourself, Like A Prayer, Promise To Try, Cherish, Oh Father and Spanish Eyes are perfect pop songs/ballads.

"I'm down on my knee's/I wanna take you there"

:yasqueen:

Well I just listened to like a prayer, and I guess yr right. It was really genius and ahead of time for a record from 1989, a strong 9/10. So I guess I was right about Like a prayer being part of her trinity:tired:but can’t you please explain me what the hell was happening in the last 10 seconds of act of contrition :umomg:

5 hours ago, Roxxy said:

A real fan. We love to see it. Despite loving Confessions is not ignorant to put it in her trinity. A true fan. :mimiclap:

Welcome to Exhale @aleomg ! 🧡💛

happy pokemon GIF

Come to spill the real tea on Confessions On a Dance Floor, stay for the community!

Hahaha thank youuu for welcoming me @Roxxy :pumped:

You're all very cool and kind and I'd love to spill some tea with you all! 🤍 :reductive:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block