What Have Been Your Favorite Albums Of 2020 So Far, And What Albums Are You Looking Forward To The Most?

Favorite Albums Of 2020 So Far  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

"Yummy" killed it?! I still haven't even listened to "Yummy" and probably never will (unless it comes on the radio or something). :awww: It was enough for me to read the lyrics to know that I would hate it. :NYsassy:

I think that by ""Yummy" killed it", he meant that "Yummy" killed any chances or hopes of the album being good. :smokney2:

14 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Let's talk about how 929 was the best ending for the album :tiffdrink: 

The only song that felt mediocre for me was Suga's Interlude but even that was a great track :tiffdrink:

More is my favorite track from the whole album... That bass in the chorus gives me chills :tiffdrink: The message behind the song is so emotional too :tiffdrink:

The 𝐹𝐿𝒜𝒱𝒪𝒰𝑅 and TASTE contained in this comment are (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ IᗰᗰᗩᑕᑌᒪᗩTE ♥.

I once saw people on the r/Halsey subreddit saying that "929" is barely a song, but I think that's what works about it. It feels like Ashley reading pages from her diary. The bare-bones, guitar-driven instrumentation is the best possible choice to back it up.

"More" is absolutely as you described it. Haunting and emotional, but also beautiful. The way she sings the line "And when you decide it's your time to arrive, I've loved you for all of my life"... I never thought it's possible to sing a line with a smile so much that it's audible, but... she did it. :crying3:

24 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Of all the albums you could've listen to, you chose "Treat Myself"... :awww: It's not bad by any means, but a lot of the songs are super forgettable. I love "Nice to Meet Ya", "Genetics" (should've been a #1 single, tbh) and "Evil Twin". :sipney:

I mean, yeah, I'm surprised with myself too :imok: What can I say, I liked the singles and thought to give it a try.

Honestly, "Wave" should win a Grammy for most underrated bop, 'cause it's incredible :pleaseshhh: and "Genetics" needs an mv but I highly doupt that her label will invest anymore in this era :rip:

favorite albums so far (in descending order of how much I love them):

Spoiler

Gabrielle_Aplin_-_Dear_Happy.pngI_Disagree_Poppy.pngDua_Lipa_-_Future_Nostalgia_(Official_Album_Cover).png

albums I want to listen to but still haven't (in no particular order):

Spoiler

Halsey_-_Manic.pngthrough-water-La%CC%8Apsley-new-album-vinyl.jpgKid_Krow_-_Conan_Gray.jpgBTS_-_Map_of_the_Soul_7.pngCape_God.jpgThe_Weeknd_-_After_Hours.pngEminem_-_Music_to_Be_Murdered_By.pngItz_me_-_wannabe_ver.png%E5%9B%9E,Labyrinth.pngPentagon_-_Universe_-_The_Black_Hall.png

albums I'm looking forward to (in descending order of how excited I am):

Spoiler

Lady_Gaga_-_Stupid_Love.pngEllie_Goulding_-_Worry_About_Me.pngAmazing_by_Foxes.jpgAdele_-_Water_Under_the_Bridge_(Official_Single_Cover).pngHaim_-_Women_in_Music_Pt._III.pngAva_Max_-_Kings_&_Queens.png

(only the HAIM cover is official, while the rest are used for reference only)

Foxes hasn't announced a new album yet, but she's been working on new music, and it's about damn time :NYsassy:

29 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

@Shadow2003 do you like Foxes? Her music is pretty Carly Rae Jepsen-esque, but it's a bit more dance oriented. "All I Need" was such a good album. :comingthru:

Listen to these synths, y'all!!! If you need another great pop album, give "All I Need" a listen. :pumped:

I've never listened to Foxes, but I've heard someone here (I think it was you :yesokay:) praise this song. You're right, it does sound extremely CRJ-esque. I like it, I might check out the album soon. :mhm:

Don’t drag me, but I really love High Road. I had pretty low expectations but I think it’s Keshas best work so far :kesha:

Very much looking forward to Chromatica. I hope it lives up to her other works, because Stupid love is probably her weakest lead single. Still a bop, but she’s better than that. That’s how I felt about “the cure” too. Anyone remember that? :gagasmile:

The way the gays are banging on about future nostalgia, I’ll have to give that a go. The world is in desperate need of quality bops :duadance:

Archived