What Have Been Your Favorite Albums Of 2020 So Far, And What Albums Are You Looking Forward To The Most?

Favorite Albums Of 2020 So Far  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Expecting a lot of "Future Slayalgia" and "Chromatica" in this thread. :comingthru:

Yup, here's the 1st one: Future Nostalgia is probably my favourite album of 2020 and I'm really anticipating Chromatica's release. :comingthru:

Apart from that, I LOVED Halsey's Manic. It's so diverse but every song just... works (well, except for "Without Me", I still don't like that one). It's got both bad b!tc|-| songs and romantic, beautiful ballads. Also, Allie X's Cape God was pretty cool. I know there are some users here who really dislike Kesha's High Road (*cough* @Roxxy and @CrazyButItFeelsAllright *cough*), but I thought it was a great mix of new Kesha ("Father Daughter Dance", "BFF", "Resentment") and old party girl Kesha ("Tonight", "Kinky", "Birthday Suit"). Apart from a few songs, it has this very carefree, all-about-fun attitude. I like it a lot. Poppy's I Disagree is the first nu metal album I listened to, and, while I thought it was gonna all sound like "Concrete" / "X" / "Scary Mast", it was much better. You've got "Sit / Stay", with its electro-rock chorus and ethereal verses, the mix of electropop and hard rock in "Fill The Crown", the aggressive headfuc|<€ry of "BLOODMONEY", and the mix of soft rock and R&B on "Sick Of The Sun"...

I haven't listened to 5SOS' C A L M, Adam Lambert's VELVET or Grimes' Miss Anthropocene yet, but I'm sure I'll enjoy them. When it comes to Grimes' album, "Delete Forever" is already in my top 10 songs of 2020 and "Violence" is great too, so I'm sure I'll love the rest of the record.

As for releases I'm excited for, there are also Melanie Martinez's After School, Katy Perry's upcoming record, Rina Sawayama's SAWAYAMA, probably something from CRJ and the *****cat Dolls too.

17 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

@Shadow2003 out here doing the Lord's work by streaming all these underrated albums:

Hide contents

p.jpeg?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

I loved "BADLANDS" back in 2016 or whatever, but I still haven't listened to either "Hopeless Fountain Kingdom" or "Manic". I'm such a lazy flop. :tired:

Aww, thank you! I do what I gotta do! :kiss:

Also, if you haven't listened to hopeless fountain kingdom or Manic yet, here are my recommendations:

hopeless fountain kingdom:

• "Strangers"
  • "100 Letters"
  • "Alone"
  • "Heaven In Hiding"
  • "Walls Could Talk" (very '90s / '00s Britney-sounding)

Manic:

• "Finally // beautiful stranger"
  • "3am"
  • "More"
  • "929"
  • "Ashley"
1 minute ago, Shadow2003 said:

I tried to do 5 songs each, but, yeah, that too. It's up there. :mhm: I absolutely ADORE the way it ends too. :unbelievableney:

Let's talk about how 929 was the best ending for the album :tiffdrink: 

The only song that felt mediocre for me was Suga's Interlude but even that was a great track :tiffdrink:

More is my favorite track from the whole album... That bass in the chorus gives me chills :tiffdrink: The message behind the song is so emotional too :tiffdrink:

12 minutes ago, Shadow2003 said:

Yup, here's the 1st one: Future Nostalgia is probably my favourite album of 2020 and I'm really anticipating Chromatica's release. :comingthru:

Apart from that, I LOVED Halsey's Manic. It's so diverse but every song just... works (well, except for "Without Me", I still don't like that one). It's got both bad b!tc|-| songs and romantic, beautiful ballads. Also, Allie X's Cape God was pretty cool. I know there are some users here who really dislike Kesha's High Road (*cough* @Roxxy and @CrazyButItFeelsAllright *cough*), but I thought it was a great mix of new Kesha ("Father Daughter Dance", "BFF", "Resentment") and old party girl Kesha ("Tonight", "Kinky", "Birthday Suit"). Apart from a few songs, it has this very carefree, all-about-fun attitude. I like it a lot. Poppy's I Disagree is the first nu metal album I listened to, and, while I thought it was gonna all sound like "Concrete" / "X" / "Scary Mast", it was much better. You've got "Sit / Stay", with its electro-rock chorus and ethereal verses, the mix of electropop and hard rock in "Fill The Crown", the aggressive headfuc|<€ry of "BLOODMONEY", and the mix of soft rock and R&B on "Sick Of The Sun"...

I haven't listened to 5SOS' C A L M, Adam Lambert's VELVET or Grimes' Miss Anthropocene yet, but I'm sure I'll enjoy them. When it comes to Grimes' album, "Delete Forever" is already in my top 10 songs of 2020 and "Violence" is great too, so I'm sure I'll love the rest of the record.

As for releases I'm excited for, there are also Melanie Martinez's After School, Katy Perry's upcoming record, Rina Sawayama's SAWAYAMA, probably something from CRJ and the *****cat Dolls too.

Aww, thank you! I do what I gotta do! :kiss:

Also, if you haven't listened to hopeless fountain kingdom or Manic yet, here are my recommendations:

hopeless fountain kingdom:

• "Strangers"
  • "100 Letters"
  • "Alone"
  • "Heaven In Hiding"
  • "Walls Could Talk" (very '90s / '00s Britney-sounding)

Manic:

• "Finally // beautiful stranger"
  • "3am"
  • "More"
  • "929"
  • "Ashley"

Hahaha the High Road shade started because I listened to some of the tracks so much to help her with streaming. I was disappointed that she didn’t bring back her original sound she was claiming so much she was going to do, but I did end up liking Raising Hell, Father Daughter Dance and Resentment the most :haha: @Roxxy we are forever tied to the name High Road :blol:

10 minutes ago, IUSAtonight said:

I need to start listening to full albums but I'm such a lazy flop :ipass:

I've only listened to Meghan Trainor's album and except for a few songs it didn't wow me :ipass: 

I liked BTS "7" though :bang:

Of all the albums you could've listen to, you chose "Treat Myself"... :awww: It's not bad by any means, but a lot of the songs are super forgettable. I love "Nice to Meet Ya", "Genetics" (should've been a #1 single, tbh) and "Evil Twin". :sipney:

Archived