Lady Gaga "Stupid Love" music video comment party

Jordan Miller

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Songwise I'm not a gaga fan at all but the song is pretty good, I'm pretty dissapointed by the lack of real chorus. It would've been cool for her to bring choruses back. I like the rest of it though.

Video wise the video is good, I like the dancing, it just looks cheap compared to her other videos. Probably partly because it was shot on an iPhone. I wish artists wouldn't sacrifice the quality of their videos just to get a paycheck from apple. 

• Leader
4 minutes ago, Alxatc said:

I hate to say this but I’m disappointed by the video.... I had high hopes but the dancing is just kinda awkward... and since it was released so long after the leak I feel like I’ve already listened so times... not enough variety in the video... idk. Hopefully it’ll be successful on the radio because I do love the song especially when I first heard it

I'm sure Gaga would've preferred for the track not to leak. It did kinda spoil it for her, but the video breathes new life into it!

• Leader
Just now, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

Video wise the video is good, I like the dancing, it just looks cheap compared to her other videos. Probably partly because it was shot on an iPhone. I wish artists wouldn't sacrifice the quality of their videos just to get a paycheck from apple. 

Yea I wish they'd stop filming on iPhones lol. :tiffanynod:

3 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

I'm sure Gaga would've preferred for the track not to leak. It did kinda spoil it for her, but the video breathes new life into it!

True. Just watched it again and I liked the video a little better... I am supporting her with the new direction

I wish she just didn’t wait so long to release after the leak. I know the artists have to do things on their own time but idk hopefully the general public outside of the gays haven’t heard it and they’ll love it like I instantly did

The video is that way because it's obviously meant to be campy. Like the 70s or 80s intergalactic production. That's the aesthetic. Don't compare it to her masterpieces which were meant to look high fashion, modern and sleek. :runga:

We had Break Free and I Wanna Go before - both featured parts of the video that showcased campy old school production. If you liked both videos, why can't y'all like Stupid Love too? It's just a longer full length campy version of Break Free and I Wanna Go.:slamga:

I'm not gonna complain because I'm just happy that Gaga is back and I'll still choose this over any of the B, C, and D list popstars that y'all stan. :joanne:

3 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

The video is that way because it's obviously meant to be campy. Like the 70s or 80s intergalactic production. That's the aesthetic. Don't compare it to her masterpieces which were meant to look modern and sleek. :runga:

We had Break Free and I Wanna Go before - both featured parts of the video that showcased campy old school production. If you liked both videos, why can't y'all like Stupid Love too? It's just a longer full length campy version of Break Free and I Wanna Go.:slamga:

I'm not gonna complain because I'm just happy that Gaga is back and I'll still choose this over any of the B, C, and D list popstars that y'all stan. :joanne:

Sorry girl I’m a HUGE Brit fan but I Wanna Go was quite possibly her most cringeworthy video in my opinion ... I stan for both Brit and GaGa tho... 

6 minutes ago, Alxatc said:

Sorry girl I’m a HUGE Brit fan but I Wanna Go was quite possibly her most cringeworthy video in my opinion ... I stan for both Brit and GaGa tho... 

I never said I liked I Wanna Go. I also don't like that it's campy. But I understand and appreciate intention. I only mentioned that because I know for a fact most of the new fans and FF stans love I Wanna Go. I do not. And if they liked that, it doesn't make sense that they don't like this.

Just now, Roxxy said:

I never said I liked I Wanna Go. I also don't like that it's campy. But I understand and appreciate intention. I only mentioned that because I know for a fact most of the new fans and FF stans love I Wanna Go. I do not.

I LOVE I Wanna Go!!! Just not really the video... I just watched it again to make sure lol. Love Femme Fatale tho

The vibe and the aesthetic are brilliant, and the synths are making me hard, but I don't get how a song that's co-written by Max Martin can have a sh*tty chorus. :liar: Like... The chorus is really disappointing. The rest of the song though... I'm getting major "Born This Way" (album) vibes, but the whole atmosphere is lighter and brighter. :tbh: If the rest of the album builds upon this sound but has actual choruses, I'm super down. :)

Archived