Lady Gaga "Stupid Love" music video comment party

Jordan Miller

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK what was that mess. I cannot believe what she just delivered. Everything is lackluster to me.

I heard the song a month ago, played it a million times before the video, and I still think it's... stupid. It's nothing special.

But the video?? Omg it truly looks like one of those fan videos that dancers make. And I watched it only once, it has no replay value. I don't even want to. And it's LADY GAGA we're talking about. I'm truly surprised.

I shouldn't be comparing, especially not different eras, but do you remember "G.U.Y."? (RETHORICAL QUESTION, IT'S A MASTERPIECE). Now THAT was special. My jaw still drops every time I see it, it blows my mind in every way, both song and video. THAT is first single material. Leave this shot on iPhone vulgarity for the fifth single while on tour. Yes my standards are THAT high. Did I mention that it's Lady freaking Gaga we're talking about?

And don't even get me started on the outfits and the dancing. Those are paper-doll customs, and the choreo was done as they were coming out of the trailer to the filming stage while sticking the pieces together with Elmer's Glue omg :sassybrit:

...no, you know what? This is RIGHT Shark. It's THAT awful. There, I said it.

I know I just scalped her so let me say this: what I do like about this is that I believe her when she says she loves everybody and wants world piece or whatever. This video has "Born This Way" vibes all over it, as well as that same beautiful heartfelt energy from her Super Bowl performance. As ridiculous as it may sound, I totally see her feeding 50 people in the mouth if she had to to spread love. So I guess her younger fans will appreciate this, because the world needs good energy right now.

Ok... so the song didn't hit me at first listen... reminds me a lot of BTW, but that's what fans were expecting so there's that.

It's cool to see her dance and be whimsical again, though I am not sure what to expect of Chromatica (if that's the name of LG6)...

But it's catchy, so 4/5

After just one listen the melody reminds me of BTW. I can't really tell what it is about that reminds me of it. I'm glad she's going for a more pop sound again but I can't see myself having this song on repeat. It's not exciting for me. :eheeek:

The video isn't really doing it for me either. I wouldn't imagine I would be bored watching a Gaga space alien video but here we are :eheeek: I think that the choreo and the direction wasn't exciting enough to rely on just one set. It needed more variety imo.

I'm not crazy about the song, but the music video made me wonder if that might be the aesthetic pop music is going to have in the following decade, i.e. campy, ironically plastic and relying strongly on associations with the previous decades.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like it's referencing the 80s vibe but sort of through a late 90s/early 00s filter. I'm thinking the ~1999 fascination with everything space-related when everything had to be shiny, metallic and colourful that we could even see in some of Britney's outfits:
Baby One More Time Tour | Baby One More Time Tour ...Britney Spears' Best Performance Outfits, Ranked | Glamour

10 minutes ago, IUSAtonight said:

After just one listen the melody reminds me of BTW. I can't really tell what it is about that reminds me of it. I'm glad she's going for a more pop sound again but I can't see myself having this song on repeat. It's not exciting for me. :eheeek:

The video isn't really doing it for me either. I wouldn't imagine I would be bored watching a Gaga space alien video but here we are :eheeek: I think that the choreo and the direction wasn't exciting enough to rely on just one set. It needed more variety imo.

This, its so basic

dancing is a lot better than past choreos she did. gaga cant dance and this choreo flows better with her abilities. i expected more set changes in the video. it was basically all shot in front of one background also the outfits she used for the promo pics looked better than the cheap ones in the video

Archived