Remember when "Ooh La la" "flopped" ?

summer2summer

1 hour ago, Isla said:

What was your thoughts on the film? I've head really mixed reviews for it.

I thought it was a good movie, visually stunning. But it lacked the emotion and character depth of the original. Disney was too focused on the CGI realism rather than making good characters and it showed in the film. But again, it was still a pretty good movie. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I thought it was a good movie, visually stunning. But it lacked the emotion and character depth of the original. Disney was too focused on the CGI realism rather than making good characters and it showed in the film. But again, it was still a pretty good movie. 

Ah that's a bit disappointing to hear. I'll guess I'll wait till I see it myself though :) 

It has like 30 million views on YouTube already though. And also, maybe it wasn't released for a full week and that's why it charted low and will jump next week. Like Womanizer which debuted at #90 something and jumped to #1 the second week. Even if the Lion King song flops, no need to be negative. 

On 7/29/2019 at 6:22 AM, popprison said:

Isn't the movie doing extremely well, sales wise, despite the reviews? 

A lot of people complained about the acting performances particularly Beyonce's. Just because a movie does well does not take away from the fact that the movie is not that great. Compare the original to the remake and what the remake lacks is the emotional investment of the original.On the subject on that album, Beyonce calls that Lion King album of hers a love letter to Africans whereas she excluded East Africans and Lion King pays tribute to East Africans which was Kenyans bashed her all over social media plus she is igniting the never ending feud between Kenyans and Nigerians. Also North Africa was not represented and Nigerians were mostly represented there oh and I am Nigerian and that one rare Nigerian that cannot stand Beyonce. Also one Nigerian artiste stated that he does not know how he ended up on that album and one well known Nigerian actor stated that a prominent Nigerian artiste actually begged Beyonce for African representation on that album since he was originally the only African artiste on that album. Yet Beyonce cut the guy off the album and put his colleagues in and they were unaware of what had happened till much later on.

18 hours ago, BabyD01 said:

A lot of people complained about the acting performances particularly Beyonce's. Just because a movie does well does not take away from the fact that the movie is not that great. Compare the original to the remake and what the remake lacks is the emotional investment of the original.On the subject on that album, Beyonce calls that Lion King album of hers a love letter to Africans whereas she excluded East Africans and Lion King pays tribute to East Africans which was Kenyans bashed her all over social media plus she is igniting the never ending feud between Kenyans and Nigerians. Also North Africa was not represented and Nigerians were mostly represented there oh and I am Nigerian and that one rare Nigerian that cannot stand Beyonce. Also one Nigerian artiste stated that he does not know how he ended up on that album and one well known Nigerian actor stated that a prominent Nigerian artiste actually begged Beyonce for African representation on that album since he was originally the only African artiste on that album. Yet Beyonce cut the guy off the album and put his colleagues in and they were unaware of what had happened till much later on.

Thank you. They should have gotten artists from all parts of Africa to make it equal! Not sure how that process works. I haven't heard any songs but I saw the tracklist. I am impressed by her work ethic but I haven't intentionally listened to her songs in a couple years. I just wish she would help britney with some marketing tactics. 

Also, I am not a fan of these live action Disney films that include animals (Jungle Book). Although, I cannot wait to see Aladdin!!

On 7/29/2019 at 2:14 AM, popprison said:

It has like 30 million views on YouTube already though. And also, maybe it wasn't released for a full week and that's why it charted low and will jump next week. Like Womanizer which debuted at #90 something and jumped to #1 the second week. Even if the Lion King song flops, no need to be negative. 

Sweetie, are you aware Youtube has a system where you can "legally" "buy" views? It's called Google AdWords, and will literally boost your video views through what they call Ads, but are most likely ghost views added to your video :orangu: It's not even that expensive. Are you sure Beyoncé wouldn't recur to payola like that to protect her brand? In fact, considering how big she is (despite not being as great as everyone paint her to be), I wouldn't be surprised if Youtube had special view boosting systems available to her. But sure, keep believing those views are real :tiffcackle:

23 hours ago, ralphcornio said:

Sweetie, are you aware Youtube has a system where you can "legally" "buy" views? It's called Google AdWords, and will literally boost your video views through what they call Ads, but are most likely ghost views added to your video :orangu: It's not even that expensive. Are you sure Beyoncé wouldn't recur to payola like that to protect her brand? In fact, considering how big she is (despite not being as great as everyone paint her to be), I wouldn't be surprised if Youtube had special view boosting systems available to her. But sure, keep believing those views are real :tiffcackle:

Okay, if you say so. Btw are you saying if the song plays in an Ad that it counts towards views? And also, have you noticed Megatron by Nicki Minaj has been stuck UNDER 50 million views and it's been out for a month! How is that? Do you think YouTube froze her views? I can't believe that it flopped that hard. 

10 minutes ago, popprison said:

Okay, if you say so. Btw are you saying if the song plays in an Ad that it counts towards views? And also, have you noticed Megatron by Nicki Minaj has been stuck UNDER 50 million views and it's been out for a month! How is that? Do you think YouTube froze her views? I can't believe that it flopped that hard. 

I've used it myself to boost some clients' videos, though not real payola, but rather to get them more exposure since they were very unknown. We invested a few hundred bucks only, now imagine her lmao :tiffcackle:
It's not like that; instead, the music video plays in 'up next' more frequently if it's promoted, and it also appears as a clickable ad after a video finishes, and some people will click it. But still I think it will add ghost views as well, though I cannot prove it. The view / comment ratio I usually get (lots of views but just a few comments) is what makes me believe it.

About Nicki's video, I believe it could be the exact opposite. She could have either stopped paying for the video ads (and it's actually a real flop since its release), or being put behind in priority for those 'up next' videos, because she wasn't paying at all. I also found that once you're not promoting your video through their system anymore, its views seem to go up way more slowly than they would normally :thinkney:

On 8/1/2019 at 11:18 PM, ralphcornio said:

I've used it myself to boost some clients' videos, though not real payola, but rather to get them more exposure since they were very unknown. We invested a few hundred bucks only, now imagine her lmao :tiffcackle:
It's not like that; instead, the music video plays in 'up next' more frequently if it's promoted, and it also appears as a clickable ad after a video finishes, and some people will click it. But still I think it will add ghost views as well, though I cannot prove it. The view / comment ratio I usually get (lots of views but just a few comments) is what makes me believe it.

About Nicki's video, I believe it could be the exact opposite. She could have either stopped paying for the video ads (and it's actually a real flop since its release), or being put behind in priority for those 'up next' videos, because she wasn't paying at all. I also found that once you're not promoting your video through their system anymore, its views seem to go up way more slowly than they would normally :thinkney:

Lol wow...thank

you. 

Hmm... that's interesting, I guess. I consider "Ooh La La" to just be a cute song for a kids' movie, not much more. I definitely agree that it's far from being in the category of Britney's best songs; I'd even say that it's not in the top 50, but I also can't see any reason for why many Exhalers and fans hate it as much as they do. Also, it's really weird seeing Beyoncé flopping, because she's always been at least somewhat successful, and even if an album sold not as a well as the previous ones, she always had a world tour which sold very well.

Then again, though, keep in mind that while the song may have done poorly on the charts, The Lion King: The Gift soundtrack is currently at #2 on Billboard's Top 200 Albums chart. Also, that wasn't her only release this year, there was also HΘMΣCΘMING: THE LIVE ALBUM, which also did pretty well, selling 38 000 album-equivalent units, 14 000 of which being album sales, in just two days after release, while the album debuted at #7 on the Top 200 Albums chart (all according to Wikipedia).

So, yeah, I'm not trying to say that Bey is better than Brit because of what I described above, I'm just stating some facts. But, yes, it's weird seeing Beyoncé doing so poorly on the Billboard Hot 100. Not only there, she also flopped badly on Australia's ARIA Charts and Canada's Canadian Hot 100. In contrast, she did very well in Belgium, and decently in New Zealand and Sweden, where "Spirit" charted at #3, #12, and #11 respectively. What's even more surprising is that the track is doing very well on the US Hot R&B Songs chart, where it peaked at #7.

And that's all I really have to say. I'm not even sure what conclusion I came to after all this rambling, so take this and interpret it however you'd like. :byebye:

On 7/25/2019 at 2:52 PM, Herumbra said:

The difference between Beyonce and Britney is that beyonce has a fanbase that actually support her and her art above chart positions.
Meanwhile Britney stans are ready to throw stones at her when her songs charts poorly, when she goes out looking less than perfect, etcs...

Oh, really? :britannoyed:

Have you actually looked at Exhale, though? Or did you just look at one of @SkinnyAsANeedle's troll threads and assumed that to be the whole forum's opinion on her looks? Like, seriously, where the **** do some of y'all get this wild theory that we constantly hate on her looks??? :nyheadache:

If you actually take a look at the previously mentioned threads by @SkinnyAsANeedle, you'd notice that most of the people commenting there are defending her, and saying that she doesn't look bad.

Come on now, stop with these dumb assumptions that have little truth in them. What is the truth? Yes, there are members here who do point out very minor and insignificant flaws in her looks whenever a thread about new candids pops up. It's not the whole godddamn forum, though! :lemmetellu:

6 hours ago, Shadow2003 said:

Hmm... that's interesting, I guess. I consider "Ooh La La" to just be a cute song for a kids' movie, not much more. I definitely agree that it's far from being in the category of Britney's best songs; I'd even say that it's not in the top 50, but I also can't see any reason for why many Exhalers and fans hate it as much as they do. Also, it's really weird seeing Beyoncé flopping, because she's always been at least somewhat successful, and even if an album sold not as a well as the previous ones, she always had a world tour which sold very well.

Then again, though, keep in mind that while the song may have done poorly on the charts, The Lion King: The Gift soundtrack is currently at #2 on Billboard's Top 200 Albums chart. Also, that wasn't her only release this year, there was also HΘMΣCΘMING: THE LIVE ALBUM, which also did pretty well, selling 38 000 album-equivalent units, 14 000 of which being album sales, in just two days after release, while the album debuted at #7 on the Top 200 Albums chart (all according to Wikipedia).

So, yeah, I'm not trying to say that Bey is better than Brit because of what I described above, I'm just stating some facts. But, yes, it's weird seeing Beyoncé doing so poorly on the Billboard Hot 100. Not only there, she also flopped badly on Australia's ARIA Charts and Canada's Canadian Hot 100. In contrast, she did very well in Belgium, and decently in New Zealand and Sweden, where "Spirit" charted at #3, #12, and #11 respectively. What's even more surprising is that the track is doing very well on the US Hot R&B Songs chart, where it peaked at #7.

And that's all I really have to say. I'm not even sure what conclusion I came to after all this rambling, so take this and interpret it however you'd like. :byebye:

Oh, really? :britannoyed:

Have you actually looked at Exhale, though? Or did you just look at one of @SkinnyAsANeedle's troll threads and assumed that to be the whole forum's opinion on her looks? Like, seriously, where the **** do some of y'all get this wild theory that we constantly hate on her looks??? :nyheadache:

If you actually take a look at the previously mentioned threads by @SkinnyAsANeedle, you'd notice that most of the people commenting there are defending her, and saying that she doesn't look bad.

Come on now, stop with these dumb assumptions that have little truth in them. What is the truth? Yes, there are members here who do point out very minor and insignificant flaws in her looks whenever a thread about new candids pops up. It's not the whole godddamn forum, though! :lemmetellu:

How DARE you... I do not insult her or the way she looks. She is beautiful. Do not stoop that low. Do not. :schoolingtime:

6 hours ago, SkinnyAsANeedle said:

How DARE you... I do not insult her or the way she looks. She is beautiful. Do not stoop that low. Do not. :schoolingtime:

OK, sweets, whatever you say. :jj: :sipney: :jj:

'Cause you sure are Exhale's kindest to Britney member. I truly see nothing other than praise coming from you towards her. Yeah, you're right, we really do need more people like you here, maybe she could finally have a song chart a few spots above #2 on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 chart. :jj: :jj: :jj:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Super Mods
On 8/4/2019 at 10:29 PM, jennyj said:

It's weird because to this day, for some reason I still hear "Ooh La La" on the gym's radio more than her other tracks... like wtf lol.  It's like the least workout-friendly song lol... I can workout to Everytime more than that rofl.

Really? Cuz Everytime would just make me want to stop working out and just sit down and reflect on life while OLL makes me want to mimic her fist pumps 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897c055d031849b133364

(that’s a workout right? :ehidk:)

Archived