Remember when "Ooh La la" "flopped" ?

summer2summer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference between Beyonce and Britney is that beyonce has a fanbase that actually support her and her art above chart positions.
Meanwhile Britney stans are ready to throw stones at her when her songs charts poorly, when she goes out looking less than perfect, etcs...

1 hour ago, Herumbra said:

The difference between Beyonce and Britney is that beyonce has a fanbase that actually support her and her art above chart positions.
Meanwhile Britney stans are ready to throw stones at her when her songs charts poorly, when she goes out looking less than perfect, etcs...

Well said.

36 minutes ago, Isla said:

You really expected a song for a kids movie to chart well?

Kids movie?? Sorry but mostly +20yo people go watch it, including me, it's our childhood nostalgia film. Everyone watches it. 

And Smurfs was also a kids movie... 

4 hours ago, Herumbra said:

I thought the difference was that Beyoncé actually had the support and love from the GP, which is why she's been lately more successful than Britney, who's some kind of "guilty pleasure" for most of the people nowadays. 

It doesn't make sense she charted this low unless it was a Tidal exclusive or something, was it? 

However we're not  gonna pretend that most of Britney fans disliked Ooh La La.

I can proudly say though that it was my summer jam from 2013 and I've never tried to hide it. OLL and Criminal are the true sleeper hits (unlike Slumber Party) because they've become more and more popular throughout the years (at least on YouTube)

4 hours ago, Herumbra said:

If her fans are supporting it, wouldn’t that mean they would be buying and streaming? :decisions:

I think the problem is that the song was atrocious (but so was OLL) 

4 hours ago, Lil Jay said:

Kids movie?? Sorry but mostly +20yo people go watch it, including me, it's our childhood nostalgia film. Everyone watches it. 

And Smurfs was also a kids movie... 

When I was referring to a 'kids movie', I meant the Smurfs 2. Not the Lion King. This thread was supposed to be about Ooh La La flopping?

10 hours ago, Herumbra said:

Sis what are u even saying? Her album sold 949 copies in the U.K . What support are you talking about? We're talking Beyonce here not iggy azelia :mj:

She doesn't have 1,000 fans that will buy her album with the name DISNEY and LION KING on it? I think even liberation did more. 

Archived