"Once Upon A One More Time" broadway musical pushed to 2020?

pablitonizer

"Once Upon A One More Time" was originally planned for previews in Chicago begining Tuesday, October 29, 2019, with an opening night of November 13, 2019, for its limited engagement through December 1, 2019, before heading to Broadway. 

Now the official site https://www.broadwayinchicago.com/show/one-upon-a-one-more-time/ has changed the previews dates to April 14 - May 17, 2020 at James M. Nederlander Theatre in Chicago.... this means the broadway musical has been pushed to 2020 :tiffsniffle:

Time to assume the c-ship investigation is playing a role in this delay :sickofu:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Britney : A Vocal Actress said:

A. It was too risqué for them due to the bad press (#FreeBritney mouvement)

B. They wanted to sync to the new era (we wish)

C. It just didn't work. :jj:

6 minutes ago, xkhingx said:

We all know which one it is

I want to see Britney to return to her career; but her team/LArry/father were idiots announcing that Domination bulls*t in that time frame.

She's already wealthy.  Why the fu*k did she have to go back to Vegas so quick knowing her type of performing these days.

I wouldn't have a problem if her performing skill were to wear off eventually but she HAD/HAS to start off with a bang.  How was this going to happen in Feburary?

• Super Mods
40 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I’m really hoping that the musical still happens. I think it’s a great idea and if it’s a great show, it could really boost the Spears brand. Plus, it’s bitchin for someone like B to have a musical. 

From what I heard, it’s terrible and her songs aren’t utilized properly. :well:

2 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

From what I heard, it’s terrible and her songs aren’t utilized properly. :well:

Well, normal her team is incompetent and have no idea to do anything.

I remember perfectly that in 2002/03 Britney , Wade and Brian wanted to do a show on Broadway and Larry did not allow it and that's why the Onyx had a part of cabaret.

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Winter _90 said:

Well, normal her team is incompetent and have no idea to do anything.

I remember perfectly that in 2002/03 Britney , Wade and Brian wanted to do a show on Broadway and Larry did not allow it and that's why the Onyx had a part of cabaret.

I remember that, he really was a damper to how people viewed her. With the ideas she had at the time and the bold decisions she wanted to make, she could have been well respected like Janet and not a talking Barbie doll. It’s no wonder she’s so sick of looking perfect because Larry is obsessed with her looking pristine clean cut fresh out of the factory look. Im sure it gets exhausting after awhile and dealing with all the stress and depression on top of that. Give the girl a break Larry, you owe her that. :gum:

18 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I remember that, he really was a damper to how people viewed her. With the ideas she had at the time and the bold decisions she wanted to make, she could have been well respected like Janet and not a talking Barbie doll. It’s no wonder she’s so sick of looking perfect because Larry is obsessed with her looking pristine clean cut fresh out of the factory look. Im sure it gets exhausting after awhile and dealing with all the stress and depression on top of that. Give the girl a break Larry, you owe her that. :gum:

In that kind of thing you realize what kind of Manager Larry Rudolph was and how he didn't want her to grow up professionally.

He was a privileged, he was the manager of the most relevant artist of the time but he did not want to make her even bigger, quite the opposite.

7 hours ago, PZHSB said:

The show is a mess. I have a friend who was involved in production. They’re scrambling to find a new team to rework it. 

Mark my words this will be a disaster for her image. 

Well I take it this will never happen then? :mcorangu: 

• Super Mods
24 minutes ago, Winter _90 said:

In that kind of thing you realize what kind of Manager Larry Rudolph was and how he didn't want her to grow up professionally.

He was a privileged, he was the manager of the most relevant artist of the time but he did not want to make her even bigger, quite the opposite.

Yeah he’s very businessman, as long as the money is coming in, why fix something that is not broke. 

I put a lot of blame on him, he’s practically more her “father” than Jamie. He’s been with her since she was barely a teen and guided her career to where it is today and been with her more than her dad so he does have a moral responsibility, not to mention he has a daughter and you would think as a father yourself, would you put your own daughter in the same situation? 

Also, I feel he needs to feel like he is needed because he knows she can move on without him. He feels he built her up and feels entitled to her success and anything she does because without him, she wouldn’t be here and I’m sure he probably pulled that on her and it’s gonna work because Britney is that person that is loyal ( Fe said most of the crew members that worked on POM have been with her since Day 1) 

Archived