We all forgot this anniversary but hey, better late than never!

Happy belated 8th anniversary I Wanna Go! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6n2kPlA0itkHZ5qtTHF1

"I Wanna Go" is a song recorded by American singer Britney Spears for her seventh studio album, Femme Fatale (2011). It was written and produced by Max Martin and Shellback, with additional writing by Savan Kotecha. Spears first posted on her Twitteraccount a link to a clip of the song in February 2011, a month prior to the album's release. Following a poll on her official website, "I Wanna Go" was chosen as the third single of the album, and Jive Records released it on June 13, 2011.

5852777169_2a7f1db5a0_b.jpg

"I Wanna Go" received generally positive reviews from music critics. A reviewer for Samesame.com.au called "I Wanna Go" Spears' best song since "Toxic", and added that "I’d go so far as to say that it is probably the best song that she has ever recorded. [...] How the decision was made that 'Hold It Against Me' would be a better first single over this is baffling." Parker Bruce of the Washington Square News stated that the song functions as "a sort of formal declaration and mission statement" for Femme Fatale, saying that "It is not an innovative song, but it is fantastically effective and endlessly enticing with its liberating, toss-your-cares-away, dance-like-a-complete–and-utter-fool cathartic chorus, repeated words and typically saucy Britney lyrics." The Daily Collegian writer Hannah Rishel said "I Wanna Go" would have been "another good lead single"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSR3GKDijTnF__uYw3wCMW

An accompanying music video for the song, directed by Chris Marrs Piliero, premiered on June 22, 2011. The video was Spears' first to be VEVO Certified, which means that it was the first of her videos to have received over 100 million views on VEVO. Having seen Spears on How I Met Your Mother and Saturday Night Live, Piliero felt that none of her videos had really taken advantage of her comedic timing, saying, "She never had a music video where she could show her acting chops and have fun with comedy while being super badass. That was my goal from day one: I wanted her to be funny, badass and super cool."

Britney+I+wanna+go+video.jpg

On the chart issue of April 3, 2011, "I Wanna Go" debuted at number 73 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart. After its release as a single, the song debuted at number 37 on the Billboard Pop Songs chart on the chart issue of July 2, 2011. It also re-entered the Billboard Hot 100 at number 89. The following week, it surged up to number 29 on the Hot 100 due to the premiere of the music video, with sales of 67,000 copies (up 282% from the previous week). On the chart issue of August 4, 2011, the song climbed from number 11 to number nine on the Billboard Hot 100, making Femme Fatale the first album by Spears to achieve three top ten singles. It became her fifth top ten single in a row, and her twelfth top ten entry overall, the third-highest female total since her first week on the chart, behind Rihanna with eighteen and Beyoncé Knowles with fifteen. "I Wanna Go" peaked at number seven on the Hot 100 on the chart issue of August 24, 2011.

7cbc52c67050e6c09c28b30c3445920c.jpg

---

What do you think of the song? Any special memories? Feel free to share! :kiss:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww I still love IWG all these years later.

I do not like the music video though.  The opening is cute, but the rest is just meh IMO.  The unflattering bikini top (and dodgy *** editing they did to her body in the car) ruins the video for me.

She looks gorgeous though and the song remains and absolute bop.

3 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Happy belated 8th anniversary I Wanna Go! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6n2kPlA0itkHZ5qtTHF1

"I Wanna Go" is a song recorded by American singer Britney Spears for her seventh studio album, Femme Fatale (2011). It was written and produced by Max Martin and Shellback, with additional writing by Savan Kotecha. Spears first posted on her Twitteraccount a link to a clip of the song in February 2011, a month prior to the album's release. Following a poll on her official website, "I Wanna Go" was chosen as the third single of the album, and Jive Records released it on June 13, 2011.

5852777169_2a7f1db5a0_b.jpg

"I Wanna Go" received generally positive reviews from music critics. A reviewer for Samesame.com.au called "I Wanna Go" Spears' best song since "Toxic", and added that "I’d go so far as to say that it is probably the best song that she has ever recorded. [...] How the decision was made that 'Hold It Against Me' would be a better first single over this is baffling." Parker Bruce of the Washington Square News stated that the song functions as "a sort of formal declaration and mission statement" for Femme Fatale, saying that "It is not an innovative song, but it is fantastically effective and endlessly enticing with its liberating, toss-your-cares-away, dance-like-a-complete–and-utter-fool cathartic chorus, repeated words and typically saucy Britney lyrics." The Daily Collegian writer Hannah Rishel said "I Wanna Go" would have been "another good lead single"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSR3GKDijTnF__uYw3wCMW

An accompanying music video for the song, directed by Chris Marrs Piliero, premiered on June 22, 2011. The video was Spears' first to be VEVO Certified, which means that it was the first of her videos to have received over 100 million views on VEVO. Having seen Spears on How I Met Your Mother and Saturday Night Live, Piliero felt that none of her videos had really taken advantage of her comedic timing, saying, "She never had a music video where she could show her acting chops and have fun with comedy while being super badass. That was my goal from day one: I wanted her to be funny, badass and super cool."

Britney+I+wanna+go+video.jpg

On the chart issue of April 3, 2011, "I Wanna Go" debuted at number 73 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart. After its release as a single, the song debuted at number 37 on the Billboard Pop Songs chart on the chart issue of July 2, 2011. It also re-entered the Billboard Hot 100 at number 89. The following week, it surged up to number 29 on the Hot 100 due to the premiere of the music video, with sales of 67,000 copies (up 282% from the previous week). On the chart issue of August 4, 2011, the song climbed from number 11 to number nine on the Billboard Hot 100, making Femme Fatale the first album by Spears to achieve three top ten singles. It became her fifth top ten single in a row, and her twelfth top ten entry overall, the third-highest female total since her first week on the chart, behind Rihanna with eighteen and Beyoncé Knowles with fifteen. "I Wanna Go" peaked at number seven on the Hot 100 on the chart issue of August 24, 2011.

7cbc52c67050e6c09c28b30c3445920c.jpg

---

What do you think of the song? Any special memories? Feel free to share! :kiss:

So Femme Fatale came out at a really amazing time in my life...  I Wanna Go was a huge hit and we had a dance party to it when I worked part time at Rue 21... omg... it was amazing to hear Britney on the radio again and have the GP connecting to her music.  

Besides the FFT she didn't promote both Till The World Ends and I Wanna Go too much yet, they did very well on the charts. Had she put the same energy from her prime era and promote those 2 songs a little bit more around the world as she did with Womanizer they could have been bigger hits than what they were. :yeaok:

Archived