More iconic amongst the general public? Lucky or Stronger?

DignifiedLove

after the legacy of ‘oops’, which would you say was/is more iconic?

while I used to think ‘stronger’ was the ‘bigger’ hit, turns out it was actually ‘lucky’, at least ww/internationally, but slightly by a margin. 

‘lucky’ was also the most requested video by a female artist on MTV’s trl topping the countdown for 16 days whereas ‘stronger’ only hit the top spot once. In addition, ‘lucky’ hit VEVO certification just recently while Stronger has not. Even ‘not a girl’ is about to be certified before ‘stronger’.

tbh, my theory suggests that ‘lucky’ is the better song and aged more gracefully as a cult-like classic due to its very high nostalgic value whereas ‘stronger’, the music video itself, is more remembered. the chair dance, abstract looks and millennial backdrops were a prime representation of that whole early 2000s pop image.

so army, which would you say was/is more iconic overall? ‘lucky’ or ‘stronger’? also, which would you say is more remembered these days?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love both and I prefer Stronger, but Lucky is definitely more iconic/remembered. Just because of the music video. I don't lie when I say those videos marked generations :lemmetellu: 

And yeah, Lucky already reached 100M, Stronger is still 6M away from it. So it's not that big of a difference. I do believe that once they listen to Stronger, they'll probably agree it's the better one, but just by memory Lucky is the first one that comes to mind for most of the GP. 

I'd say Lucky, especially in Europe. It was really popular here and I know loads of people who remember the song, and the music video is in so many gifs/memes etc. I think Stronger would be more remembered in the US though as it was a bigger hit there. 

I for one think Lucky has a special nostalgic value to it whereas Stronger is more current today. As for the iconicness, Lucky is probably more iconic cause of the early 00s nostalgia thing. They’re both equally great songs in their own right. Badassney and Innocentney is all the gays/girls/bottoms have ever wanted so these songs were great single choices as well. 

Love me some Lucky and Stronger at least once a week cause yeah, Im that nostalgic *****. 

• 11 months later...
30 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

so we all seem to collectively agree that lucky is more remembered? 0nxor7mufjym.gif

ddd I hate myself because I started typing a reply but then scrolled back up and realised I had already written something cause this is an old thread :gloria:but my reply was pretty much what I said above, that Lucky is remembered more in Europe but I think in the US people might remember Stronger more. 

42 minutes ago, Lorenzo said:

Lucky was a bigger hit. It was a bigger in the US 

Here we go again with your inaccurate information. :yesokay:

While it is true that Lucky was a bigger single globally and especially across EU, you are wrong about the US. No. Lucky was not bigger than Stronger in the US. The former only peaked at #23 on the Hot 100 while the latter peaked at #11. Also, the latter was at the time, her third biggest selling single (physical) surpassing Oops!...I Did It Again which only peaked 2 spots higher on the Hot 100 because of it's dominance on pop radio. Stronger is certified Gold by RIAA. This is classic Britney 101 that Stronger was a sales giant in the US. Please, it's not even close. :bedtime:

29 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Here we go again with your inaccurate information. :yesokay:

While it is true that Lucky was a bigger single globally and especially across EU, you are wrong about the US. No. Lucky was not bigger than Stronger in the US. The former only peaked at #23 on the Hot 100 while the latter peaked at #11. Also, the latter was at the time, her third biggest selling single (physical) surpassing Oops!...I Did It Again which only peaked 2 spots higher on the Hot 100 because of it's dominance on pop radio. Stronger is certified Gold by RIAA. This is classic Britney 101 that Stronger was a sales giant in the US. Please, it's not even close. :bedtime:

Well that’s not a fair comparison at all though :demi: Lucky wasn’t physically released in America and charted at #23 only based on airplay. The same way #21 hit Sometimes was bigger than #14 hit FTBOMBH

Archived