Britney doesn't know who Australian one-hit-wonder, Kylie Minogue is!

DignifiedLove

4 hours ago, Million Billion said:

When she said "who?" seems more like she couldn't hear what the other person was saying not that she didn't know who Kylie was :yeaok:

regardless, her demeanor came off as slightly shady/bitchy, but it could have just been that she was in a pissy mood and tired of the interviewers asking her redundant questions 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/14/2019 at 11:15 PM, Danishfan said:

It’s a shame that people don’t realise there is a world outside the u.s. She most certainly isn’t a one hit wonder!!In Europe and Australia she’s been huge for ages, and has had countless  arena tours with amazing production! I actually find it odd that Britney didn’t know who she was in 2001, since Kylie was at her peak and huge pretty much everywhere! She knows about her now though.... in 2011 she said she’d love to work with her

i hope you're aware it was larry who tweeted that back in 2011. giphy.gif britney doesn't even know who kylie minogue is. ffs, she once thought will.i.am was a group of people and thought the woman who penned to her one of her biggest hits was 'keesha'. don't even get me started on tinasha. giphy.gif

39 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

To be fair, she's very unknown in America. I haven't heard of her until last year, lol.

it's because Americans have TASTE and aren't here for generic, overdone europop beats from a woman who can barely sing or dance. it's no wonder she saw little-to-no success in the states except for when they recognized her excellence with 'fever' and a little bit of 'body language'. other than that, her music and overall stage persona is disposable and americans aren't here for that. giphy.gif

There's really no need to compare the two nor to shade any of them. Both have different careers, both worked with the same producers. I can only say that I like the fact that Kylie had a few big "downs" which produced some of her best music and she was motivated to work with vocal coaches to be able to do the "opera" part in Your Disco Needs You.

7 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

regardless, her demeanor came off as slightly shady/bitchy, but it could have just been that she was in a pissy mood and tired of the interviewers asking her redundant questions 

Not really, usually singers also use some kind of earphones to listen to her PR what they should answer to tricky questions so maybe she got confused between what thre interviewer was saying and what the other person is telling he through the earphone 

And in case it isn't what happened, let's just remember Kylie wasn't so big in America before CGYOFMH so there's nothing shady in asking what the interviewer is asking about, it's just Twitter stans love creating drama out of nothing :ririshade2:

9 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

it's because Americans have TASTE and aren't here for generic, overdone europop beats from a woman who can barely sing or dance. it's no wonder she saw little-to-no success in the states except for when they recognized her excellence with 'fever' and a little bit of 'body language'. other than that, her music and overall stage persona is disposable and americans aren't here for that. giphy.gif

Wow, pressed much :flop:

Perhaps you need to go have a proper listen to Kylie’s discography before talking with such disrespect. I would KILL for Britney to do an album like “Kylie Minogue” or “Impossible Princess”. Her discography is even more varied than Madonnas. You name it, she’s done it- and done it better than most other artists. Yeah, she has some generic music, but ****, you’re a fan of the queen of generic pop music. 

And let’s not even start on Kylie’s stage presence. Very few people can pull off the tours she has.

Lets also not forget that Toxic was meant for her. Plus “Get Out of My Way” was rumoured to have been recorded by Britney in the early stages of Femme Fatale.

9 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

Americans aren’t here for generic music, and yet Chainsmokers were #1 for like half a year. “Closer” topped the charts for so long in the US that they even won the 2017 Top Hot 100 Song at the Billboard Music Awards, which is purely based on popularity.

Taste, indeed. :orangu:

17 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Americans aren’t here for generic music, and yet Chainsmokers were #1 for like half a year with “Closer”. 

Taste, indeed. :orangu:

chainsmokers are generic wbk. the music industry as a whole, America included, has been quite non-variable for the past few years and let’s not pretend that generic music doesn’t top the international markets either. also keeping in mind that a lot of what is topping the charts doesn’t necessarily mean it’s what the gp is listening to. unfortunately, radio deals and playlist payola play a huge part in what determines a song to be a big hit or not. 

in a way, I guess I should correct myself and say Americans used to have the best taste in music up until 2004.

omg what's with the hate to Kylie and Madonna in this thread??? Obviously Madonna is someone Britney looked up to since before she made it big, and Kylie was never that popular in America so it's normal she wouldn't have heard of her. It's an absolute shame cus she has so many amazing songs.

You all should be ashamed cus if you like women in pop music and you like Britney you would really like Madonna and Kylie. Makes no sense to pit her against each other, or to call any of them old nowadays especially when Britney isn't 18 anymore.

2 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Not really, usually singers also use some kind of earphones to listen to her PR what they should answer to tricky questions so maybe she got confused between what thre interviewer was saying and what the other person is telling he through the earphone 

And in case it isn't what happened, let's just remember Kylie wasn't so big in America before CGYOFMH so there's nothing shady in asking what the interviewer is asking about, it's just Twitter stans love creating drama out of nothing :ririshade2:

yes though? her demeanor came off as bitchy, regardless or not if she had a headphone in. her facial expression literally says a thousand words. 

11 hours ago, Danishfan said:

It’s a shame that people don’t realise there is a world outside the u.s. She most certainly isn’t a one hit wonder!!In Europe and Australia she’s been huge for ages, and has had countless  arena tours with amazing production! I actually find it odd that Britney didn’t know who she was in 2001, since Kylie was at her peak and huge pretty much everywhere! She knows about her now though.... in 2011 she said she’d love to work with her

Kylie was offered Toxic before Britney and turned it down. Britney might know a bit about that too.

Yeah Fever was Kylie's most successful album/era in the US... the album actually went top 10 and so did Can't Get You Out Of My Head, Come Into My World won a Grammy, but asides from that most of her success is in Europe and her native Australia. She's always been really popular here in the UK, and she's headlining Glastonbury this year!

Archived