Britney doesn't know who Australian one-hit-wonder, Kylie Minogue is!

DignifiedLove

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Trentals said:

Wow, pressed much :flop:

Perhaps you need to go have a proper listen to Kylie’s discography before talking with such disrespect. I would KILL for Britney to do an album like “Kylie Minogue” or “Impossible Princess”. Her discography is even more varied than Madonnas. You name it, she’s done it- and done it better than most other artists. Yeah, she has some generic music, but ****, you’re a fan of the queen of generic pop music. 

And let’s not even start on Kylie’s stage presence. Very few people can pull off the tours she has.

Lets also not forget that Toxic was meant for her. Plus “Get Out of My Way” was rumoured to have been recorded by Britney in the early stages of Femme Fatale.

sis, no one is denying kylie doesn't have bops.

second, no one is denying that britney's music isn't generic. what made britney stand from the rest was that she had more charisma in her pinky finger than most pop artists were able to dream. she had the entire package and was a triple threat with a fascinating rise to fame that made her the most catapulting pop star for nearly a decade.  that's what made her massive global phenomenon and why artists like kylie failed to make a wave in other markets. :flop:

oh and stage production does not equate to actual stage presence itself. I kid you not, I cannot think of ONE kylie performance that has stood the test of time or is remembered, for that matter. 

28 minutes ago, Commotion said:

omg what's with the hate to Kylie and Madonna in this thread??? Obviously Madonna is someone Britney looked up to since before she made it big, and Kylie was never that popular in America so it's normal she wouldn't have heard of her. It's an absolute shame cus she has so many amazing songs.

You all should be ashamed cus if you like women in pop music and you like Britney you would really like Madonna and Kylie. Makes no sense to pit her against each other, or to call any of them old nowadays especially when Britney isn't 18 anymore.

you know many of us are throwing puns and using sarcasm, right? giphy.gif 

i respect both kylie and madonna. personally, britney IS the only main pop artist I truly stan, unless you want to count mariah. that's not to say I don't love madonna's early work up until the early 2000s or some of kylie's other music. giphy.gif 

11 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

it's because Americans have TASTE and aren't here for generic, overdone europop beats from a woman who can barely sing or dance. it's no wonder she saw little-to-no success in the states except for when they recognized her excellence with 'fever' and a little bit of 'body language'. other than that, her music and overall stage persona is disposable and americans aren't here for that. giphy.gif

Americans:ririshade2:

5 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

your fave and a majority of the most influential pop artists that changed the sound of pop like madonna, mj, mariah, whitney, beyonce, gaga, elvis, cher, etc. are all american though??? :huh: make it make sense. giphy.gif 

That was in reference to this superiority complex some of you have. As if nothing else outside of the US matters

55 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

sis, no one is denying kylie doesn't have bops.

second, no one is denying that britney's music isn't generic. what made britney stand from the rest was that she had more charisma in her pinky finger than most pop artists were able to dream. she had the entire package and was a triple threat with a fascinating rise to fame that made her the most catapulting pop star for nearly a decade.  that's what made her massive global phenomenon and why artists like kylie failed to make a wave in other markets. :flop:

oh and stage production does not equate to actual stage presence itself. I kid you not, I cannot think of ONE kylie performance that has stood the test of time or is remembered, for that matter. 

Saying Kylie can’t sing is just a blatant lie though! She has a lovely voice and always sings 100% live in her shows!  Shes had the most epic tours too!!

and honey I’d take euro pop over some of the trash that comes from the U.S anyday. 

13 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

mr. rudolph's twitter account from 2011 doesn't count giphy.gif

She said in an interview during the femme fatale era that she thought a duet with Kylie would be Brilliant and that she thinks she’s great! I’m sure if she didn’t know her, she wouldn’t say that 

1 minute ago, Danishfan said:

Saying Kylie can’t sing is just a blatant lie though! She has a lovely voice and always sings 100% live in her shows!  Shes had the most epic tours too!!

and honey I’d take euro pop over some of the trash that comes from the U.S anyday. 

I've just typically found kylie's sound and style to be very disposable and outdated these days which is probably the reason why she hasn't seen much success in the U.S. since 2003. that's not to say she isn't putting any effort or doing well in other countries. good for her that she sings live though, wish britney took notes. giphy.gif 

10 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

She said in an interview during the femme fatale era that she thought a duet with Kylie would be Brilliant and that she thinks she’s great! I’m sure if she didn’t know her, she wouldn’t say that 

lbr though, even in that live radio interview it still didn't sound convincing enough that britney knew who she was. she just nodded her head, agreed and mentioned that she'd do a pop record with her over a ballad or smth for like 2 seconds. giphy.gif  damn, the kylie stans aren't letting me breathe today. giphy.gif 

She always seems so annoyed at these press junkets lol

In her defense, CGYOOMH had literally just came out in the couple weeks before this was filmed. Also it was a different time, if you were in the states and something wasn't directed to the American market, there was pretty much no way of finding out about it. This was before streaming and youtube, etc. I hadn't even heard any of Kylie's 90s music until 2011. It just wasn't available unless you had an import cd :yaknow:

Archived