Can we agree now that POM wasnt so bad?

Herumbra

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

POM in Vegas was a great show and so much fun. I went to Gaga this weekend (comped tix) and Enigma was fun but it made me appreciate POM. Britney had an amazing setlist and things were always cohesive and really well put together. Enigma felt a bit one note and honestly on the cheap side, but I really feel like that is Park MGM's doing.

Yes the problem with the show was how long it lasted. Who the F has ever performed the same show for 5 years? Of course its going to get dramatically boring especially for Britney and she obviously had to make quick changes and often which Is why a lot of stuff was trashy, tacky, etc. There was only so much Britney herself could change in a certain amount of time, hence the revamp and we all saw how much passion she had after that initial run of 2.0 because you could tell many of the new parts of the show were her creation. It seemed like the original show was more so created for her. Its like she had final say on the songs and that's as far as her input went in the beginning. That's what I was most anticipating for domination was that Britney was at least helping create the choreography. Those obnoxious choreographing queen c*nts for POM were horrible and their choreography sucks. I cant believe people think the work ***** choreography is good. I realize some of it is from the music video. But its aweful and doesn't fit her style. Really none of the POM choreography was good for her. Break the Ice gimme More and the slave breakdown are as close to the style she should be doing. Britney is a hip hop dancer. That was not what that was. 

It wasn't bad. She ending stronger than she began, and really grew from it. She had a better body, danced better and was more confidence in 2017 than she was in 2013.

However, the show itself got very old, very messy and very stale very quickly. I don't necessarily blame her for that. But still, it was technically her worst "tour" other than M+Ms.

Related image

I really loved the setlist and choreography for POM 1.0 (the original dance breaks before she cut them/changed them, 3, Lucky) However I loved POM 2.0 with BOM/TOMH and the new IAS4U routine.. I couldn't attend Vegas but I saw it on tour and lets just say it's obviously meant for Vegas, production wise. I loved it and its great show. I really enjoyed all of them , original, revamp, and tour.

4 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

POM wasnt great but after seeing the tour and all of the ticks she developed in the past year and the amount of them that she is doing now + her looking like a homeless hooker has kind of changed my mind. 2016 POM was a good enough show. Just not impressive.

this

3 hours ago, Herumbra said:

I think that's debatable, because the POM performances for TOMH, BOM, Toxic, Slave and MATM were much cooler than the Circus tour ones. And that's what, almost half of its setlist?

With all due respect, I have to strongly disagree that TOMH was better at POM than Circus, especially once she scrapped the assisted back handspring. I mean, over the course of five years, when did she ever do anything even half this impressive at POM?

giphy.gif

302-E1-F81-1-A68-46-CE-A2-A4-E670-B08254

11142-AB1-A9-AC-4-B5-D-B50-B-80-DD597312

source.gif

B024-EC7-D-3-BF6-4-FCE-8-BEF-8-A7-CE72-D

tumblr_luze6snXVF1qi0ofuo1_500.gif

6 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

With all due respect, I have to strongly disagree that TOMH was better at POM than Circus, especially once she scrapped the assisted back handspring. I mean, over the course of five years, when did she ever do anything even half this impressive at POM?

Exactly. + It wasnt even an assisted back handspring.. it was an assisted back walkover. Even Pink can do that.

Edit: No Pink actually does an assisted back handspring

tumblr_moendfJ62r1qb6fdlo2_500.gif

Just now, The Greatest Show said:

Exactly. + It wasnt even an assisteg back handspring.. it was an assisted back walkover. Even Pink can do that.

Thanks, I knew I wasn’t remembering the correct term! But that was literally the only impressive part of the whole performance, and then she scrapped it after it didn’t work one time. After that, it became super redundant since it was just like BOM but with less choreography.

Just now, ClaudiaDC said:

You guys are crazy sometimes. I remember in 2009 EVERYBODY was complaining about Circus Tour, y’all said “she just jumps” now you are writing it was better than POM. We B Army are weird just like Britney 

Back then there were a lot of people who said that they liked the overall show but that she wasnt dancing enough. Back then we could blame the large stage tho. I remember I was underwhelmed with Britney but loved the show. Its just that it has gotten worse instead of better so now its easier to look back and say " ok she didnt dance a lot but when she did she was smoothe and did it well + she looked like she enjoyed herself" whereas now you get 5 good shows a year.

I dont think anyone ever critisized the production. it was fantastic

tumblr_lw2gy1Hdhi1r3ty02o1_500.giftumblr_static_tumblr_lv1jwpse171qjbc0bo1tumblr_lwcwh302zy1r3ty02o1_500.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.giftumblr_m5zwiqIsTK1qexv03o1_500.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.giftumblr_mt6df14dR51qaj05lo1_500.gif

Archived