Can we agree now that POM wasnt so bad?

Herumbra

1 minute ago, ClaudiaDC said:

Guys everything new Britney does you complain about it. 

During the POM residency she danced a lot, she did MATM coreography, Slave coreography. Especially in 2016 she was very good, I agree last summer she seemed tired and it wasn’t a good show. 

But please in Circus she was just jumping, scenography and costums were on point. During the FFTOUR everything was bad. No dance, no passion, awful outfits, so please be realistic 

I agree with your last paragraph; hence, I specifically noted that her dancing was non-existent during Circus, and FFT only had good production and nothing else. 

And yes, POM was good in 2015-2016, I've stated that as well within this thread. I definitely am not one to hate on everything Britney does.

But overall, I thought the five years of the residency/tour were a mess, with the year immediately preceding/following the revamp as a notable exception. 

But you're welcome to like POM just as I'm welcome to dislike it; no accounting for personal taste. :) 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Circus was much harder to perform than POM and Britney still moved half decently and showed promise. POM her body was on point at times but it was like her dancing just nosedived.  We went from a killer Break the Ice performance to crappy and crappier. By the end, most of it was just cringe and unwatchable.  I’m glad some of you enjoyed it, but I personally want to forget POM ever happened.  

43 minutes ago, ClaudiaDC said:

During the POM residency she danced a lot, she did MATM coreography, Slave coreography. Especially in 2016 she was very good, I agree last summer she seemed tired and it wasn’t a good show. 

But please in Circus she was just jumping, scenography and costums were on point. During the FFTOUR everything was bad. No dance, no passion, awful outfits, so please be realistic 

There’s a difference between dancing and moving.  Britney moves now, robotically. She hasn’t danced on stage in years with any passion. The only dancing I have seen is the Instagram vid with Don’t Stop but even then there’s just something about her movements that just isn’t right. You see the instructor hitting it, and then you look at Britney and it’s like she’s carting around a bag of bricks. I don’t know what it will take for her to get her confidence back.

I think Dom was actually cancelled due to Brit falling off the wagon again.  When she’s stressed, we know she abuses substances and Dom may have been too much for her.

I'll go to the grave defending POM. In person she looked great and she really killed it (I saw her in NYC this summer). This video does it justice, but most don't. Also the live instrumentation is great and the whole stage design is something you usually miss/ how well the dancer's choreo is fit together. 

1 hour ago, ClaudiaDC said:

I agree... Circus tour scenery was good but Britney just skipped around mostly. 

Archived