Can we agree now that POM wasnt so bad?

Herumbra

2 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

Back then there were a lot of people who said that they liked the overall show but that she wasnt dancing enough. Back then we could blame the large stage tho. I remember I was underwhelmed with Britney but loved the show. Its just that it has gotten worse instead of better so now its easier to look back and say " ok she didnt dance a lot but when she did she was smoothe and did it well + she looked like she enjoyed herself" whereas now you get 5 good shows a year.

I dont think anyone ever critisized the production. it was fantastic

tumblr_lw2gy1Hdhi1r3ty02o1_500.giftumblr_static_tumblr_lv1jwpse171qjbc0bo1tumblr_lwcwh302zy1r3ty02o1_500.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.giftumblr_m5zwiqIsTK1qexv03o1_500.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.giftumblr_mt6df14dR51qaj05lo1_500.gif

I loved Circus Tour, the scenography, the stage, outfits, hair, make up etc. but I think POM, especially 2016 was very good

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was decent but far from being her best one. I mean, the Circus tour truly s*it on it production wise, and it wasn't a Vegas only show. The production was just amazing. She was looking good most of the time and many outfits were great looking. POM started in a cheap looking way (wigs, painted abs, seriously?), then it turned out to be a good looking show all in all (2016), then everything went downhill. I don't even want to talk about the POM on the road... that was the epitone of cheapness, wich is a fact. 

7 hours ago, Herumbra said:

I think that's debatable, because the POM performances for TOMH, BOM, Toxic, Slave and MATM were much cooler than the Circus tour ones. And that's what, almost half of its setlist?

Personally I prefer Circus over POM because she has swag and confidence all over. But I enjoyed POM 2016. I was honestly surprised with POM 2016 because it reminds me to the old Britney. I don't know what happened after 2016. 

On 1/22/2019 at 6:41 PM, GemmaTeller said:

POM was good for like maybe a year and a half or however long out of 5 years. When it was good it was really good, i'll give it that, The rest was a hot shitty mess though. 

This. From May 2015 until November 2016 it was good. Highlights of the period were Mermaidney and the first leg of POM 2.0. 2013 was a mess, 2014 was a mess and 2017 was even worse.

We can pick Britney's projects apart and get mad at her for not doing her best or not doing more but at the end of the day, we love her for who she is and for what she's already given us. We have to love her for giving us more. She doesn't have to continue with her career. When POM first came out, I didn't like it. I still don't think it's an amazing show compared to most of her other shows and compared to a lot of other pop concerts, but it looked decently entertaining and I think she had fun doing it.

During the course of the 5 years, she got better as a performer and more comfortable onstage. I hope that opens the door for her to get even better for Domination (whenever that happens) and B10. I think POM is a lot like a lot of other Britney projects - they're not bad, they're just not always up to her own standards. Oh well, what can you do other than choose to enjoy it for what it is.

21 hours ago, ClaudiaDC said:

You guys are crazy sometimes. I remember in 2009 EVERYBODY was complaining about Circus Tour, y’all said “she just jumps” now you are writing it was better than POM. We B Army are weird just like Britney 

This fanbase is definitely crazy, but I think what you're referring to is simply us having to collectively lower the standard of what constitutes a good show with each passing year.

I mean, with every single Britney tour/residency, something new (and integral) has been scrapped:

OIDIA- Live vocals

DWAD- Pre-recorded vocals

OHT- Passion (don't come @ me Britards, she literally admitted she was over the tour in Chaotic, and it was very visible).

TCSBS- Dancing

FFT- Good costumes

POM- Production. It was the last positive thing she still had going after live vocals, pre-recorded vocals, passion, good dancing, crowd interaction and good costumes had been scrapped over the years.

But comparing the production of POM to Circus (or even FFT, for that matter) is honestly laughable; the former looks like a high school theater production in comparison (and I'm not even a huge fan of TCSBS, despite having attended, and I hate the FFT).

Basically, we have to consistently lower the bar for what's acceptable. :ehum:

22 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Exhale's appreciation for POM is giving me life :yesplease:

We only needed a cancelled residency and a hiatus to see the light  :crying1:

People are starting to love PoM because of the hiatus, so it's not true love. PoM was BAD. :nochillbrit::holduplisten:

22 hours ago, stateofgracebritney said:

I agree with everyone saying the show was great but it got old.

yes, it definitely got old after mid 2017 but it was really fun, had great choreo and good songs. The tour wasn’t as great but still good.

"had great choreo" ... PIECE OF ME AND GREAT CHOREO??? :airpls::airpls::gerlwat::disappointed::ririshade2::waitwhat:

20 hours ago, CasanovaCat said:

Only one light moment: "Something To Talk About"

The rest of the residency: :idgi:???

Excatly! It could never happen for Britney career and it would not be a huge difference... :(

16 hours ago, solo said:

So now it's a good show... very predictable exhale:checkit::brityawning::mhmnod:

:well: this! :well:

15 hours ago, Mariahkween said:

I love how everyone is a critic nowadays and knows how to critique. It wasn't bad, it was far from bad. Whoever says it's bad has never attended it. It was just painfully long, you know it stayed for too long. That's all. 

It was bad.:holduplisten: So we can't criticize Britney shows now?:ehidk: WHAT? WE ARE HER FANS! So we are here to judge if we like her shows or if we do not... :heresthetea:

I'm just gonna say ths -> If Britney would try to start her career with Piece of Me show - she would never have career cause it WAS NOT GOOD.:holduplisten: You are praising it now because of cancelled Domination and the whole hiatus.

And don't you even dare to say that everyone hated Circus Tour :holduplisten::holduplisten: i LOVED the Circus Tour from the beggining (and i don't know why cause there was no real choreography and 100% playback - but Britney was still FEELING THE MUSIC! She was happy! Her moves were more sharp! And the production/music/costumes/ideas - amazing, especially compared to Piece of Me... :nochillbrit::sobbing::hideous::sickofu: (sorry in advance for my English but It's not my first language, and I'm emotional right now :embarrassed::crying4::crying4::crying1:)

1 minute ago, Mariahkween said:

It wasn't bad. :) Get it together, it was entertaining. I attended it, it was a very entertaining show. 

I also attended and thought it was bad. 

I actually had more fun at FFT which as was badas well but more entertaining. 

Opinions differ but like I said my opinion would have been different if she would have made the show better over time but she and the show just got worse and worse and worse 

19 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

so, it wasn't love, it wasn't love, it was a perfect illushon? :airpls:

:uknowit::uknowit::ricackle: lol :ricackle: well I guess it was a perfect illusion :jj::wigsnatched:

1 minute ago, Mariahkween said:

It wasn't bad. :) Get it together, it was entertaining. I attended it, it was a very entertaining show. 

I know I'm being an emotional mess right now :( It's because i really don't like PoM :(  (and I have like A LOT of studying so I'm on Exhale and I'm being stressed :anxiety::brit:) so yeah :yeaok: PoM was bad. That is my opinion of course... I'm not saying that it was a disaster (but for me it was really BAD :crying1::nochillbrit::mhm:)

1 hour ago, LostInAnImage said:

This fanbase is definitely crazy, but I think what you're referring to is simply us having to collectively lower the standard of what constitutes a good show with each passing year.

I mean, with every single Britney tour/residency, something new (and integral) has been scrapped:

OIDIA- Live vocals

DWAD- Pre-recorded vocals

OHT- Passion (don't come @ me Britards, she literally admitted she was over the tour in Chaotic, and it was very visible).

TCSBS- Dancing

FFT- Good costumes

POM- Production. It was the last positive thing she still had going after live vocals, pre-recorded vocals, passion, good dancing, crowd interaction and good costumes had been scrapped over the years.

But comparing the production of POM to Circus (or even FFT, for that matter) is honestly laughable; the former looks like a high school theater production in comparison (and I'm not even a huge fan of TCSBS, despite having attended, and I hate the FFT).

Basically, we have to consistently lower the bar for what's acceptable. :ehum:

Guys everything new Britney does you complain about it. 

During the POM residency she danced a lot, she did MATM coreography, Slave coreography. Especially in 2016 she was very good, I agree last summer she seemed tired and it wasn’t a good show. 

But please in Circus she was just jumping, scenography and costums were on point. During the FFTOUR everything was bad. No dance, no passion, awful outfits, so please be realistic 

Archived