Britney Is Reportedly Announcing New Music Soon, Planning Super Bowl Appearance/Single With Maroon 5

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No thanks. For one, Superbowl is over. It's no longer the place for in-demand pop acts to go and promote their material after the whole Kaepernick/kneel fiasco. 

Second, Maroon 5 have basically sold themselves and their horrible music to the industry. There's been absolutely no substance in their work since Songs About Jane and they only care about being on Top 40, even if it means creating the same generic pop-rock tune over again. They're literally this generation's Nickelback of watered down rock music. Dare I say, even Nickelback had better music. Next rumor. :tiffdrink:

38 minutes ago, GimmeBritney320 said:

Neither of those songs were solo so you are proving everyone's point...also...neither were hits...i still lovee them...but even at her own concert no one knew these songs

The success of both songs had nothing to do with G Easy and Tinashe

Both were not even needed

10 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

No thanks. For one, Superbowl is over. It's no longer the place for in-demand pop acts to go and promote their material after the whole Kaepernick/kneel fiasco. 

Second, Maroon 5 have basically sold themselves and their horrible music to the industry. There's been absolutely no substance in their work since Songs About Jane and they only care about being on Top 40, even if it means creating the same generic pop-rock tune over again. They're literally this generation's Nickelback of watered down rock music. Dare I say, even Nickelback had better music. Next rumor. :tiffdrink:

This tea is HOT. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about Maroon 5!! 

(Although I consider Imagine Dragons the new Maroon 5, but your fact still stands:checkit:)

23 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Sis, she did promote Glory. :jlostare: The reason why Glory wasn't huge was because it lacked the simplest form of a theme and visuals (other than ***), and the GP wasn't here for a woman in her 30's lip-syncing about orgys and slumber parties with a couple of c-list acts over some Bieber 'Purpose' leftovers. That's the unfiltered truth, whether you want to believe or not.

Make Me went #1 on iTunes and kept seeing increases and seen a big increase after her VMA performance watched by the same GP.

Slumber Party was in the top 10 for a little

12 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Yes, how dare you? Nickelback make me sick :snarky:

1 minute ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Make Me went #1 on iTunes and kept seeing increases and seen a big increase after her VMA performance watched by the same GP.

Slumber Party was in the top 10 for a little

Yes dear, the name 'Britney Spears' still holds value and a part of the general public will always be fascinated despite her career ups and downs, however, I'm afraid not for much longer if she releases another Glory 2.0. :crying3:

34 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

This tea is HOT. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about Maroon 5!! 

(Although I consider Imagine Dragons the new Maroon 5, but your fact still stands:checkit:)

Both trash. While Maroon 5 isn't indie, the whole indie-pop/rock trend we see today from artists like Imagine Dragons, Twentyone Pilots, Chainsmokers, etc. is similar to the post-grunge movement of the early 2000's, in retrospect. Popular for its time, what fits the criteria for an American Top 40 radio hit and a representation of what's wrong with the musical landscape. Welp, only time will tell. :checkit:

7 minutes ago, areolagrande said:

If she really wants to be relevant again, she should collab with JT. Love it or hate it, it's going to get ALOT of attention.

I don’t think so, it’s not year early 2000 anymore, we got whole new generation out there following new music and knowing very little what it was like 20 yrs ago, just like me not really following much what’s happening in today’s music showbiz apart from my favourite artists...

Archived