The Official Britney Spears Las Vegas Residency Announcement Thread

summer2summer

1 minute ago, Khoazie said:

Go out with a bang! I’m ready for this kinky domination please. 

Exactly boo! Britney's career has so much to highlight. She wouldn't be forgotten - even when she is sipping martini's in france when her singles are still selling ten years later :oknolol: Aww would be wierd without brit in the industry though! Let's hope she continues for a bit longer eh! I hope she retires at 50 :shadelaugh: <3 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

she looked outstanding and she did what she was supposed to do- make an appearance. They created a spectacle on the strip and announced the show with the largest projection mapping ever done in the world. And I am sure they filmed interview segments that will air in the coming weeks. It looks fresh and exciting, I am excited to see what Nappytabs will do with her. Already a MAJOR improvement from where we were in 2013. 

1 minute ago, IconicShow said:

FORBES

DRAGGING BRITNEY

Britney Spears' Las Vegas Residency Announcement Event Was A Complete Mess

The name Britney Spears began trending earlier this week when she appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show with what was labeled a “BIG Announcement.” Her time on the show was short, and her announcement even shorter. It turns out that the pop singer was only announcing...that she had an announcement coming, and while Ellen tried to turn the whole situation into a joke, the moment fell flatthough it was only a sign of how cringe-worthy things were about to become.

The chart-topping icon went viral once more just a short time ago, as her name appeared in a livestream hosted on Ellen’s YouTube page. The event being live streamed took place in front of the Park MGM hotel in Las Vegas, so it was immediately obvious that the star was about to reveal she’s planning a return to Sin City for another residency less than a year after she stepped out of her history-making first stint, but that’s not why people tuned in.

Her fans and the curious public tuned in to see something spectacular, but what they got was an overhyped, overproduced dud of a PR stunt.

The 28-minute-long program opened with shots of the Strip, the crowd, and plenty of the hotel itself, with the whole thing hosted by Ellen’s correspondent Kalen Allen, who did his best to excite viewers and remind everyone of how much of an icon Spears is. At first, things seem fine enough, if not terribly exciting, but after 16 minutes of small talk, generic EDM songs playing in the background (most of which don't even feature the focus of the evening) and Mario Lopez’s blink-and-you’ll-miss-it appearance, the excitement really begins.

The entire facade of the hotel becomes a screen upon which incredible graphics inspired by some of Britney’s most memorable moments are cast, and after a visually-grasping build-up, the poster for what we can assume is her new residency, Domination, appears, highlighted by fireworks, fire, and Ms. Spears herself rising out of a stage.

And then...nothing.

960x0.jpg%3Ffit=scale960x0.jpg%3Ffit=scale

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2018/10/18/britney-spears-las-vegas-residency-announcement-event-was-a-complete-mess/#5cbc2db67e3b

OMG MAINSTREAM MEDIIA DRAGGING HER.... yus.:imdying:

1 minute ago, Khoazie said:

Yes and the red on black and white is so Sin City! It looks thought out and precessional!

Reminded me of Born this way cover. The colour, the photo, the fonts, the MGM Grand Pyro Video techniques... Everything was well done. The live went a bit messy but who cares :cuteneylaugh: Here for the next 2-5 years to see what Brit does! <3 

Guest antoine75016

the domination face is clearly not from my prerogative fragrance shoot which i think was very good, they just took the body and change the face :janet:, look at the hair, the eyebrows... it's completely different, it seems that we see some extensions :xfactorlook: and that lips... 

Capture-d-e-cran-2018-10-19-a-05-40-50.p

DiVTg9IWsAAjDdu.jpg

they wanted to mix and actualize that or what? :tifflmao: 

proxy.php?code=abad4014130862def475d522fmaxresdefault.jpg

worst staf ever :icant:

4 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

It's all good. I've made mistakes over the years too. It's hard when for a solid 10 years your focus is updating on one person, and during that time period that individual has one of the biggest spirals in Hollywood history. It just was a perfect storm for my professional relationship with them to sour. I think the last 4 1/2 years since opening BH to be about music, I and the site have changed BIG TIME, because I truly didn't like how I was or how things were going and I wanted to right that. Y'all know if they asked me for any creative advice or anything I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Don't you have insider info on Britney's contract? Im sure someone posted back during blackout era she signed to extend to 10 albums in total? 

3 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

It's all good. I've made mistakes over the years too. It's hard when for a solid 10 years your focus is updating on one person, and during that time period that individual has one of the biggest spirals in Hollywood history. It just was a perfect storm for my professional relationship with them to sour. I think the last 4 1/2 years since opening BH to be about music, I and the site have changed BIG TIME, because I truly didn't like how I was or how things were going and I wanted to right that. Y'all know if they asked me for any creative advice or anything I'd be there in a heartbeat.

It’s so sad that nobody on her team has a footing in reality. I can’t. 

2 minutes ago, It'sJodieeB!tch said:

Exactly boo! Britney's career has so much to highlight. She wouldn't be forgotten - even when she is sipping martini's in france when her singles are still selling ten years later :oknolol: Aww would be wierd without brit in the industry though! Let's hope she continues for a bit longer eh! I hope she retires at 50 :shadelaugh: <3 

Ok am I getting emotional :crying4:

4 minutes ago, (You Drive Chris) Crazy said:

she looked outstanding and she did what she was supposed to do- make an appearance. They created a spectacle on the strip and announced the show with the largest projection mapping ever done in the world. And I am sure they filmed interview segments that will air in the coming weeks. It looks fresh and exciting, I am excited to see what Nappytabs will do with her. Already a MAJOR improvement from where we were in 2013. 

Omg you are the supreme Stan, you really are :airpls:

5 minutes ago, IconicShow said:

FORBES

DRAGGING BRITNEY

Britney Spears' Las Vegas Residency Announcement Event Was A Complete Mess

The name Britney Spears began trending earlier this week when she appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show with what was labeled a “BIG Announcement.” Her time on the show was short, and her announcement even shorter. It turns out that the pop singer was only announcing...that she had an announcement coming, and while Ellen tried to turn the whole situation into a joke, the moment fell flatthough it was only a sign of how cringe-worthy things were about to become.

The chart-topping icon went viral once more just a short time ago, as her name appeared in a livestream hosted on Ellen’s YouTube page. The event being live streamed took place in front of the Park MGM hotel in Las Vegas, so it was immediately obvious that the star was about to reveal she’s planning a return to Sin City for another residency less than a year after she stepped out of her history-making first stint, but that’s not why people tuned in.

Her fans and the curious public tuned in to see something spectacular, but what they got was an overhyped, overproduced dud of a PR stunt.

The 28-minute-long program opened with shots of the Strip, the crowd, and plenty of the hotel itself, with the whole thing hosted by Ellen’s correspondent Kalen Allen, who did his best to excite viewers and remind everyone of how much of an icon Spears is. At first, things seem fine enough, if not terribly exciting, but after 16 minutes of small talk, generic EDM songs playing in the background (most of which don't even feature the focus of the evening) and Mario Lopez’s blink-and-you’ll-miss-it appearance, the excitement really begins.

The entire facade of the hotel becomes a screen upon which incredible graphics inspired by some of Britney’s most memorable moments are cast, and after a visually-grasping build-up, the poster for what we can assume is her new residency, Domination, appears, highlighted by fireworks, fire, and Ms. Spears herself rising out of a stage.

And then...nothing.

960x0.jpg%3Ffit=scale960x0.jpg%3Ffit=scale

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2018/10/18/britney-spears-las-vegas-residency-announcement-event-was-a-complete-mess/#5cbc2db67e3b

I’m miss bad media karma :demi:

5 minutes ago, (You Drive Chris) Crazy said:

The projection SHOOK me. I thought it was amazing too! The snake :omg:

15 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

The delusion :tifflmao:bye

To be fair, Gaga sold out every stadium show of her Joanne tour, and Britney couldn’t even sellout every 5,000 venue for her tour this year.

Britney will bring in crowds for sure, but there’s no denying Gaga is more in demand right now, especially with the positive reception to A Star Is Born.

9 minutes ago, Fudgeney said:

yall are so negative wtf 

She looks amazing and has a brand new residency called domination! Sounds like something epic

Keep your hopes up guys Britney isnt over yet :bigkiss:

Not negative just facts! How epic are you going to get Vegas? She’s getting older not younger! Her performances ain’t bringin it anymore! If she did some skits or do like a broadway show in Vegas that would epic! 

Archived