is this the shadiest interviewer ever? (2001)

Cigarettes&Cologne

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She was shady in the way she perceived Britney as a puppet who was forced into showbusiness by her parents and forced by her label/management to be a someone she’s not. Like a product. Also trying to question her religious upbringing insinuating she’s a **** and goes against the church. But Britney owned her. Completely.

It’s so wrong to go there with a 19 year-old who’s having the time of her life and being so mature and grounded for her age. People like her ****** Britney up. They’ve always been on her back. Why can’t you accept someone had it all? All she wanted to do was do what she loved. Then people turned on her cuz something so perfect is unacceptable and it bothers people.

My god . The way she talks . Better than 95% of the celebrities these days . Even gaga can be too much sometimes and she's articulate . I just ........imagine if this Britney was still around , she would have exceeded both beyonce AND madonna. Because she never shoves herself down people's throats yet she can sell it . So genuine , i actually enjoyed all of that . And now im just a little sad. 

she said i really doesn't have to talk to them. and that is really that she is doing this days. it's strange how the words she said back then just suits to the nowadays. she really doesn't have to talk to the ppl  if  she doesn't want to. she just lives her life doing whatever she wants and that's it. i am really waiting for the time her boys become 18 so she wouldn't have to be scared to loose them and finally will say like i have nothing left to loose i can do whatever i want and conservatorship will gladly end because she'll be much more in battle to get over it. and  finally  can live her own life without scare of loosing her kids. she'll be finally free.

I honestly had zero intent on commenting on anything, and am only here after being sucked into the forum because I was curious to see if there were any threads with info on what amount MGM stole Britney from Cesars for. Not that it's any of my business....

Anyways since I'm here I will say it is interesting to watch these celebrity interviews from back in the day to see how... premeditated... I will say... the media was even back then. Creating a young teenage virgin Christian *** symbol and then asking her over and over again about 'why' 'why' 'what do you think about that?' 'Role model...'.

Actually I just had a thought. I wonder if the reason why Britney rarely gives a good interview anymore these days (the last decade) and just says the same things over, and over, and over, and over is because she was asked for a decade the same inappropriate things over and over and over and over.... ? Interesting.

Britney always been well mannered, polite.... she always been handling interviews very well even tho they would go to far sometimes.... No wonder she doesn’t do interviews anymore. I mean she does, but they got told what they can ask her and what does she wants to talk about. It’s good tho, other wise it’s just constant negativity you have to deal with....

3 hours ago, loagun said:

I honestly had zero intent on commenting on anything, and am only here after being sucked into the forum because I was curious to see if there were any threads with info on what amount MGM stole Britney from Cesars for. Not that it's any of my business....

Anyways since I'm here I will say it is interesting to watch these celebrity interviews from back in the day to see how... premeditated... I will say... the media was even back then. Creating a young teenage virgin Christian *** symbol and then asking her over and over again about 'why' 'why' 'what do you think about that?' 'Role model...'.

Actually I just had a thought. I wonder if the reason why Britney rarely gives a good interview anymore these days (the last decade) and just says the same things over, and over, and over, and over is because she was asked for a decade the same inappropriate things over and over and over and over.... ? Interesting.

That's very interesting and very true . And it's almost how our society acts all the time . Labelling people , dividing them and then wondering why they are that way .  But like you said , the interviewer just has a negative narrative yet Britney amazinhle diverted her questions and turned the entire interview to a positive not once did she flinge or react. Who does that now? Imagine if the Britney now got over her anxiety and fears and handles a tough interview now. She's the master of killing them with kindness . 

Most celebrities would react an enlist their privlidge and reply in a rude way . 

8 hours ago, summer2summer said:

My god . The way she talks . Better than 95% of the celebrities these days . Even gaga can be too much sometimes and she's articulate . I just ........imagine if this Britney was still around , she would have exceeded both beyonce AND madonna. Because she never shoves herself down people's throats yet she can sell it . So genuine , i actually enjoyed all of that . And now im just a little sad. 

Gaga is always too much.

She’s so natural and comes off so authentic in this interview. I like the way she’s so at ease with speaking her mind and not guarded. She’s like annoyed by the interviewer and you can tell the times when she’s thinking “**** this question again ugh” but still maintains her composure and politely answers. 

On 10/21/2018 at 1:46 AM, loagun said:

I  will say... the media was even back then. Creating a young teenage virgin Christian *** symbol and then asking her over and over again about 'why' 'why' 'what do you think about that?' 'Role model...'.

'The media' did not create Britney's carefully crafted "Christian virgin *** symbol" image. 

4 hours ago, ImmaSlave4U said:

'The media' did not create Britney's carefully crafted "Christian virgin *** symbol" image. 

The media didn’t literally create it, but they sure did have a hand in its creation and fed into the hunger for it. The interviewer seemed determined to keep the focus on that image despite Britney’s obvious reluctance. And this was just one mere little interview out of numerous others like it which must have gotten so old for Britney fast. I can imagine getting sick of constantly having to defend myself to these media outlets. And she was still so young here so life was still relatively alright. But after her well-publicized dark years, which the media was awful about, I’d be shocked if Britney didn’t have an aversion to doing interviews.

On 10/21/2018 at 3:34 AM, ubritney said:

She was shady in the way she perceived Britney as a puppet who was forced into showbusiness by her parents and forced by her label/management to be a someone she’s not. Like a product. Also trying to question her religious upbringing insinuating she’s a **** and goes against the church. But Britney owned her. Completely.

It’s so wrong to go there with a 19 year-old who’s having the time of her life and being so mature and grounded for her age. People like her ****** Britney up. They’ve always been on her back. Why can’t you accept someone had it all? All she wanted to do was do what she loved. Then people turned on her cuz something so perfect is unacceptable and it bothers people.

It’s crazy like, people were bothered by something so perfect and were determined to find the flaws and the chinks in the armor. But once they found what they were looking for, because Britney is human and not infallible, they were just as quick to demonize her! It was like Britney was set up to be torn down from the go.

2 hours ago, Khoazie said:

The media didn’t literally create it, but they sure did feed into the hunger for it. The interviewer seemed determined to keep the focus on that image despite Britney’s obvious reluctance. And this was just one mere little interview out of numerous others like it which must have gotten so old for Britney fast. I can imagine getting sick of constantly having to defend myself to these media outlets. And she was still so young here so life was still relatively alright. But after her well-publicized dark years, which the media was awful about, I’d be shocked if Britney didn’t have an aversion to doing interviews.

Eh, I thought the questions were fine and fairly legitimate, albeit a bit annoying from Britney's point of view. She handled the situation well. But she's always acted naive about her blatantly manufactured "**** image" and her pretending to be a virgin and claiming she wanted to remain one until marriage warranted questions. I was 16 when this interview occurred and remember these kinds of questions were raised constantly. Of course, I certainly don't blame Britney for her aversion to interviews. She never really liked them much, anyway. 

Archived