Julia Michaels: “No one can sing like Britney can!”

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ubritney said:

Haven’t you heard the recording sessions? :checkit:

3 hours ago, IUSAtonight said:

Well she even lip sync to it on Carpool karaoke and i don't think she has ever sung it live so that's probably true :sipney:

Britney has sung Toxic Live...it was the ABC Performance though.

But they dubbed the audio.  YOu can hear it in the background of the reverb track ?

1 hour ago, OopsOverprotected said:

bish what?

Wow, slay Brit! Never heard this before. Her raw vocals sound very different from the finished version. Surely, the finished song must come from another session. I wish we could hear more recording sessions, her voice is such a treasure, so unique and beautiful. I wish we could hear it more.

she is right...nobody has that versatility of having a full voice and a comercial tone at the same time...

Its a shame that comercial voice is too hard to reach in live performances (Michael Jackson could cause recently it was discovered he was hemically castrated to keep it)...

Hopefully someday.. she will be allowed to do an EP using her full voice 

8 hours ago, Delicious Pork Chops said:

But they dubbed the audio.  YOu can hear it in the background of the reverb track ?

I know right. I still can’t believe they dubbed the entire thing because she reportedly sang almost all of it live. :pensiveney:

8 hours ago, Delicious Pork Chops said:

I never understood why they had the entire band there playing just to dub it with the studio version. Her team have been making stupid decisions for a long, long time.

It's true. Britney has a strong voice, as we already know and can see on those rare occasions she sung live, but her magic comes from being able to catch the emotions of the song fully.

For example - in Everytime her voice is vulnerable, sad, tragic, heartbreaking and haunting. In Toxic her voice is seductive, ****, demanding and so on. I always felt of Britney more like a "vocal actress" cause she has an amazing ability to put her voice in different situations.

That's the thing that bothers me with other pop stars nowadays. Most of them has solid, technically good vocals but they just lack any kind of emotion. I notice that mostly with Katy Perry.

13 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

Wow, slay Brit! Never heard this before. Her raw vocals sound very different from the finished version. Surely, the finished song must come from another session. I wish we could hear more recording sessions, her voice is such a treasure, so unique and beautiful. I wish we could hear it more.

Theres a website which has all her demos from that song and all her backup singer's demos aswell.It even has a rough, original version of Toxic. It's on some website called remixpacks. 

2 hours ago, TheCharmedTributes1 said:

It's true. Britney has a strong voice, as we already know and can see on those rare occasions she sung live, but her magic comes from being able to catch the emotions of the song fully.

For example - in Everytime her voice is vulnerable, sad, tragic, heartbreaking and haunting. In Toxic her voice is seductive, ****, demanding and so on. I always felt of Britney more like a "vocal actress" cause she has an amazing ability to put her voice in different situations.

That's the thing that bothers me with other pop stars nowadays. Most of them has solid, technically good vocals but they just lack any kind of emotion. I notice that mostly with Katy Perry.

Putting emotions into a song is where the true magic lies, lots of people can be technically amazing singers but they won’t speak into your heart. 

And you can’t learn authentic emotion either, it’s something that comes from inside the singer.

2 hours ago, MissMiniBritney said:

Theres a website which has all her demos from that song and all her backup singer's demos aswell.It even has a rough, original version of Toxic. It's on some website called remixpacks. 

Could you please please attach the url? I found the page, but I only can see the orginal music video to Toxic and to Oops (but it says it's an acapella, but damn not) I dying to hear those demos:plzney:

She's right tho, that songs is perfect for Britney's range and tone and no one can sing it like her. The people who have covered it have made their own version, and it has sounded good most of the times because it's just a great song, but the thing is that I haven't seen anyone singing it just like she does. Toxic is one of the most iconic pop songs from the last decade and almost everyone knows it, but I don't think many people realises how hard it actually is to sing it and how well it showcases Britney's vocals. She's the proof that you don't need 1584248 octaves to be a good singer, you just need to know how to take advantage of the talent that you have.

Archived