Your Flop Fan Confessions

Chaoscontrol

7 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I think that the FFT is one of her better shows. It had a really cool and cohesive storyline that made for a great performance. Obviously it will never be DWAD, onyx or the Circus Tour, but it has a special place in my heart and I really love it. Am I a flop?

And also, I don’t always know what ya’ll mean with your abbreviations and anagrams. I get DLMBTLTO and whatever but sometimes I really have to think about it. Then I feel old, cuz I’m not hip with the teen lingo anymore.

I AM THE FLAWP FATALE.  :anxiety:  :ohdear:  :jackk:

Sometimes I feel the same way with the abbreviations. I'll have to really really think about it and sometimes I'm all 'smeh, whatever' and just move on if I can't figure it out :tiffcackle:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Applejack said:

i wouldn't know why stanning What You Need and Private Show and Radar is being a flop fan

They're awesome songs :snarky:

When I was in school someone blasted Radar during a party or smthg and people went crazy for it :pleaseshhh:

I would go crazy for it too! Song's a bop :blaughing:

I guess a lot of these would be more along the lines of unpopular opinions, but here it goes. 

- Blackout is overrated AF. Y'all overhype the **** out of it, but the truth is that it lacks depth and half the album sound like upscale Paris Hilton music. I would have loved to see Britney record more Original Doll-esque music, especially with what she was going through at that time. It would have made for a better comeback and critics/general public would have taken her more serious as an artist. Original Doll demos (To Love Let Go, Just Yesterday, Baby Boy Untitled Lullaby, etc.)  >>> Blackout. 

- Circus, both the album and the tour was garbage. Rushed, half-assed, lazy, robotic. There is a reason why they didn't release the tour on DVD, and her team got it right with that one.  Y'all only like the tour cause of production, she looked blonde and skinny again but she looked ridiculous and so lost on stage most of the time. 

- Oops I Did It Again, the song, has a fantastic melody and a nostalgic feel to it, but it did not age well, at all. Neither did Stronger or Overprotected.  Again, fantastic melodies but they aged like milkT. 

- I've never watched a Britney tour in full. 

- I only own 4 physical copies of Britney Spears' CDs. 

- X-Factorney wasn't as bad as y'all make it seem. She got her name out there, looked flawless (towards the end of the season), and made for some of the best reaction GIFS/pictures of all time. 

- Britney Jean had potential to be a REALLY good album, but the production, will.i.am, and the shitty vocals ****** it up. 

- I didn't start stanning until 2008, right after she got hospitalized and the media was writing off her obituary. :( That's when I started to appreciate her as a human, an artist, her work and what she meant to the music industry/pop culture.  Before that, I was very casual. Didn't love her, didn't hate her. 

Okay that's all. :embarrassney:

5 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Circus, both the album and the tour was garbage.

I agree that Circus wasn't good, I really only like the singles(and Amnesia, Unusual You, and Blur). :useeingthis:

I actually really like the tour tho, Production was great, the dancing( when she wasn't walking :tiffcackle:) was pretty decent, I thought it was a solid tour:sendinglove:

1 minute ago, MissKnee said:

I agree that Circus wasn't good, I really only like the singles(and Amnesia, Unusual You, and Blur). :useeingthis:

I actually really like the tour tho, Production was great, the dancing( when she wasn't walking :tiffcackle:) was pretty decent, I thought it was a solid tour:sendinglove:

Unusual You and Phonography are the only stand-out songs from that era imo. IUSA was a cute bop but aged horrendously. She just sounds half-asleep and out-of-it for almost the entire album which irked me the most. 

I never liked the Circus Tour tbh. Not since Day 1 and definitely not today. FF Tour >

2 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

And also, I don’t always know what ya’ll mean with your abbreviations and anagrams.

I AM THE FLAWP FATALE.  :anxiety:  :ohdear:  :jackk:

You're not alone, buddy. I don't get most of those damn abbreviations, it takes me like 1 year to realize what songs or whatever they're talking about. :cackling:

5 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

I guess a lot of these would be more along the lines of unpopular opinions, but here it goes. 

- Blackout is overrated AF. Y'all overhype the **** out of it, but the truth is that it lacks depth and half the album sound like upscale Paris Hilton music. I would have loved to see Britney record more Original Doll-esque music, especially with what she was going through at that time. It would have made for a better comeback and critics/general public would have taken her more serious as an artist. Original Doll demos (To Love Let Go, Just Yesterday, Baby Boy Untitled Lullaby, etc.)  >>> Blackout. 

- Circus, both the album and the tour was garbage. Rushed, half-assed, lazy, robotic. There is a reason why they didn't release the tour on DVD, and her team got it right with that one.  Y'all only like the tour cause of production, she looked blonde and skinny again but she looked ridiculous and so lost on stage most of the time. 

- Oops I Did It Again, the song, has a fantastic melody and a nostalgic feel to it, but it did not age well, at all. Neither did Stronger or Overprotected.  Again, fantastic melodies but they aged like milkT. 

- X-Factorney wasn't as bad as y'all make it seem. She got her name out there, looked flawless (towards the end of the season), and made for some of the best reaction GIFS/pictures of all time. 

- Britney Jean had potential to be a REALLY good album, but the production, will.i.am, and the shitty vocals ****** it up. 

- I didn't start stanning until 2008, right after she got hospitalized and the media was writing off her obituary. :( That's when I started to appreciate her as a human, an artist, her work and what she meant to the music industry/pop culture.  Before that, I was very casual. Didn't love her, didn't hate her. 

Whats up with people always complaining about stuff aging? Isnt that normal? Doesnt mean its bad. People cant time travel. Always consider the time it was released in. They dont say classic movies are bad now just because they aged. When they were new they revolutionized etc, same with music. Like how many people say the BOMT album is bad because it sounds dated. So every old sounding song is bad now?? So the real icons in music all suck because their music is dated? It doesnt mean its bad at all. Stupid.

I ABSOLUTELY love the set list for Piece Of Me 2.0 (2017), which was also the set list when she went on her Asian tour last year. I think it's the PERFECT BRITNEY set list. Piece Of Me 1.0 (2013/2014) not so much, even though it was still good.

I honestly think Britney's musical catalog of hits and underrated jams is on par with the music catalog/discography of Taylor Swift's. 

I felt so disappointed and let down right away when I heard that Britney's lead single from B8 (Brenda Joanna) was titled "Work *****". It just sounded like a lazy title of a song to me. To me, judging from the title alone, "Work *****" sounds like it should be a title for either a Britney reject or a Rihanna song. :tiffcackle:
I do however kinda like WB now, so let's just say, it took me about 2 or 3 years, but I've learned to accept it as a piece of Britney's discography and videography. Which reminds me, the video is great, and I think her look in the WB music video is one of her sexiest.

I think the last REALLY GOOD Britney song was Criminal. Which is EXTREMELY underrated, I must say, especially among Britney fans, and sadly I feel is also mostly non-existent to the GP. :kidcries:

7 hours ago, Steven.88 said:

I never listened to privat show till the end. I just can't :weirdmeout:

lol 

I don't hold it against you :cackling:

19 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

you deserve the biggest flop fan award :rlynow:

13 hours ago, ZAM9315 said:

the songs hot as ice, toy soilder, mannequin, and how I roll give me headaches and can't stand the songs.  :quirkney:

woooahh I can't stand toy soldier too... 

Archived