Kylie Minogue talks about toxic

Crayboy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Mr_Steven_Spears said:

A Kylie and Britney duet needs to happen this year :yasqueen:

Sorry no. I only want Britney to duet with really big names and really culturally relevant right now (so you can actually get the commercial benefit of a duet)  or to do killer solo songs. No more for non-current legends or up and coming random artists (sorry G-Easy and Tinashe). 

17 minutes ago, car said:

Sorry no. I only want Britney to duet with really big names and really culturally relevant right now (so you can actually get the commercial benefit of a duet)  or to do killer solo songs. No more for non-current legends or up and coming random artists (sorry G-Easy and Tinashe). 

If she can duet with G-easy and Tinashe she can duet with Kylie :pleaseshhh:

10 minutes ago, Mr_Steven_Spears said:

If she can duet with G-easy and Tinashe she can duet with Kylie :pleaseshhh:

I guess my point is- she should have NOT done a duet with G-Eazy or Tinashe and as a result, shouldn't do one with Kylie either. 

She needs a smash hit worldwide and Kylie hasn't really had one in a while, so that's not gonna help Britney. 

That said, as a non-single..I'm all for it. 

1 minute ago, car said:

I guess my point is- she should have NOT done a duet with G-Eazy or Tinashe and as a result, shouldn't do one with Kylie either. 

She needs a smash hit worldwide and Kylie hasn't really had one in a while, so that's not gonna help Britney. 

I think for the uk and Europe it would properly do well expcially if catered well and truly for the gays :toocute:

Kylies gays + Britneys Gays :tiffcackle:

• 1 year later...
On 2/27/2018 at 4:04 PM, car said:

As fans, it seems, we often confuse “Britney needs” with “Us fans want”

The ONLY thing Britney needs is to get her life sorted so she can be happy.

Once that’s done she doesn’t NEED to do anything. She probably doesn’t want the super spotlight anymore so it would make more sense for her to inspire new artists and/or collaborate with people that vibe with her artistically.

Britney isn’t going to be “Britney for the first time!” again. I highly doubt that’s what she would want even if she had her freedom hence them forcing a conservatorship to try and force her to stay “The Britney Spears”

• 1 year later...
On 2/24/2018 at 9:20 PM, Puppy said:

But Toxic was written with Kylie in mind 

Incorrect. It was actually originally written for Janet Jackson. The song writers then gave it to Kylie, as they had previously written “can’t get you out of my head.” She might not have formally turned it down. When artists are in the process of recording songs for an album, they are typically inundated with several demo tracks from songwriters. Typically, they select songs that match the themes and vibe that they want to capture. Their record label also filters the songs that the artist receives. Kylie probably didn’t think that Toxic was consistent with the direction that she was moving towards at the time. To be honest, I don’t think that it would have been as much of a hit if she recorded it. I’m guessing that the song would have been reworked into a ballad.

Surprisingly, several songs off of Kylie Minogue’s album, Aphrodite were offered to Britney Spears. The hit track, “Get Outta My Way” was originally written for Spears’ Femme Fatale album, as well as Aphrodite, Cupid Boy, and Mighty Rivers. 

As I said before, Toxic would not have been as icon as it is now if Kylie had recorded it. You also have to remember that it wasn’t intended to be a single on ITZ. Britney’s label was pushing to promote I got that boom boom and outrageous. She selected it at the last minute and the rest is history. I doubt Kylie would have even promoted it.

Many songs become popular as a result of a variety of factors including the artist, rhythm, and publicity. They typically need to be selected as singles and serviced to radio stations.There are many great songs that pop stars have recorded that never received much attention for those reasons alone. Britney’s Glory album is a perfect example.

It definitely wouldn’t have been as popular if Kylie recorded it. She definitely would not have achieved Britney level fame as a result of Toxic. 

Also, Kylie seems to get  the songs that Britney rejects. Many on the Aphrodite album were given to Spears first....so go figure? I do wish that Britney took Get Outta My Way though.

Archived