Twitter stans are saying Britney wore a $3000 fantasy bra for NYE recording

Andrew338

• Super Mods
10 hours ago, britforever21 said:

TBH... It could be the real thing, they don't have to BUY it and actually spend the millions.. they could just call up Victoria's Secret and get them to lend it. 

I think we're forgetting she's Britney Spears designers lend stuff to artists ALL the time!

No because fantasy bras gets dismantled every year unless someone buys them but no one has so they just take it apart and reuse the gems. So Britney can’t even borrow it even if she wanted to. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

If we were talking about Currentney I'd have an answer for you; I'm going to assume it's partially the same there and nobody wanted to pay... I'm not sure how much the million dollar bra was exactly that year (I know it was more expensive than the 2009 one, which is what the new bra is made to resemble), but pay millions of dollars for a bra for one song and one tour. I mean, tbf, they were sinking a lot of money into the DWAD tour, it was, production, sets, and costume wise, her best tour to date. So I can sort of understand them only borrowing the VS bra for the HBO broadcast. :yaknow:

* What's interesting is that the million dollar bra Britney wore in DWAD, I cannot find as part of the line up the VS angels ever wore/the actual million dollar bras for any year. Seriously, https://fashionista.com/2010/11/a-look-back-at-14-years-of-the-victorias-secret-multi-million-dollar-fantasy-bras / https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2284044/here-are-all-20-of-the-victorias-secret-fantasy-bras-since-1996-and-every-model-whos-worn-them/

tumblr_lzpga5poDK1qcxxpho1_500.gif Was Britney's.

Are we even sure it was a VS fantasy bra? Was it made for her?

Yeah, it definitely wasn't one of their annual fantasy bras, those are just worn the one time by whichever Angel has been deemed worthy for that particular year (or however the selection process goes; I'm assuming it's largely based upon all facets of supermodel status, factoring in income, fame, etc., since Heidi Klum and Tyra Banks were chosen multiple times as the sacred bra-bearer).

But I digress. As far as Britney goes, I know I've previously read multiple sources stating it was a VS bra, so maybe it was custom-made for her, and since she was the biggest star in the world at the time, VS would've received a lot of publicity if she wore it during the televised special.

However, it similarly leaves me unsure as to why she only wore it that once; maybe it was thought to be too fragile to withstand all the water, choreography, etc., night after night on a world tour, particularly since their million dollar bras are designed with the sole intention of being worn on one occasion while walking down the catwalk. And then they're presumably placed into a locked safe and lowered deep underground thereafter, in an undetectable area rigged with an intricate security system comprised of laser beams. :shhh:

But anyway, all I can think is that maybe there was concern about the bra's ability to maintain its structural integrity with excessive use, as the publicity would undoubtedly turn negative if it were to fall apart during a show or something. 

ETA: Or maybe after the HBO special, Britney attacked it with some kind of NASA issued scissors, capable of breaking diamonds. 

ETAX2: Just realized I've never engaged in such baseless speculation on any post/discussion before, including outside of Exhale. It's rather entertaining, I now see why others do it. :uknowit:

3 hours ago, jennyj said:

, the belt is a custom made weight belt... similar to what weight lifters use in the gym to prevent back injuries.

What? :lostney:

i never imagined it, but the choreo doesnt seem to pushy her body that much.
Ive always assumed she used the belts all the time because shes insecure about her waist.
are you sure its for her back?

1 hour ago, Herumbra said:

What? :lostney:

i never imagined it, but the choreo doesnt seem to pushy her body that much.
Ive always assumed she used the belts all the time because shes insecure about her waist.
are you sure its for her back?

Ummm...she didnt wear one when she wore her leotard costumes.

she only wore it when her midriff showed.

im not really sure its for her back.

6 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Yeah, it definitely wasn't one of their annual fantasy bras, those are just worn the one time by whichever Angel has been deemed worthy for that particular year (or however the selection process goes; I'm assuming it's largely based upon all facets of supermodel status, factoring in income, fame, etc., since Heidi Klum and Tyra Banks were chosen multiple times as the sacred bra-bearer).

But I digress. As far as Britney goes, I know I've previously read multiple sources stating it was a VS bra, so maybe it was custom-made for her, and since she was the biggest star in the world at the time, VS would've received a lot of publicity if she wore it during the televised special.

However, it similarly leaves me unsure as to why she only wore it that once; maybe it was thought to be too fragile to withstand all the water, choreography, etc., night after night on a world tour, particularly since their million dollar bras are designed with the sole intention of being worn on one occasion while walking down the catwalk. And then they're presumably placed into a locked safe and lowered deep underground thereafter, in an undetectable area rigged with an intricate security system comprised of laser beams. :shhh:

But anyway, all I can think is that maybe there was concern about the bra's ability to maintain its structural integrity with excessive use, as the publicity would undoubtedly turn negative if it were to fall apart during a show or something. 

ETA: Or maybe after the HBO special, Britney attacked it with some kind of NASA issued scissors, capable of breaking diamonds. 

ETAX2: Just realized I've never engaged in such baseless speculation on any post/discussion before, including outside of Exhale. It's rather entertaining, I now see why others do it. :uknowit:

Oh, it is. I think recognition is the biggest deciding factor on which Angel will be in the fantasy bra that year-- it used to be that they also had to be a Victoria's Secret Angel, which is one rank above a standard VS editorial model or VSFS runway model, because it specifically means they often model the VS Angel signature bra and lingerie line. I don't know if that rule still stands or not anymore, however. (Like, my favorite model wasn't an Angel, and I'm not sure if she became one by the time she wore the fantasy bra or not, or if she just stayed the original spokesmodel for their Pink line. She wore the fantasy bra twice, though.)

See, that brings up my next question, in that case-- If they did make it specifically for Britney, then why not keep it in at least, I don't know, a small handful of shows? Especially if the water and it rusting would be a factor; just set it aside for five or six major dates and wear the other costume for the other shows. So that's weird to me, but, hm. But as puppylo and another said, the fantasy bras as they were in their respective years no longer exist, because when no one buys the fantasy bra, the designers take it apart again and reuse the jewels for other things: and no one has ever actually bought the fantasy bra in any year, I don't think, so that means none of the old ones exist any longer. Does that also mean Britney's special bra no longer exists? Or did she buy it? Who's to say? :ponderney:

Lmfao, I gave this more thought than I wanted to.

I just don’t get why they don’t have a real costume designer making things for her on these kind of events. The BBMA outfit was flawless. Where is that designer? It doesn’t look “Vegas” to me tbh but it’s filmed and already done so maybe they’ll edit it well and make it look like she killed it.

12 hours ago, Iexpectyouto said:

Oh I’ve seen this now that I think about it. Shame. Why couldn’t she wear the VS Bra? She had the star power and surely the money...

Because the price of the bra was probably a good chunk of her profit margin and it wasn’t worth it. Especially considering most young girls and teenagers at the concert didn’t even know it was worth $1000000 or didn’t care 

7 hours ago, Derrick said:

I just don’t get why they don’t have a real costume designer making things for her on these kind of events. The BBMA outfit was flawless. Where is that designer? It doesn’t look “Vegas” to me tbh but it’s filmed and already done so maybe they’ll edit it well and make it look like she killed it.

So ironically enough, while I was also spending way too much time looking at the annual VS Fantasy Bras yesterday, I came across the one worn by Alessandra Ambrosio in 2014. And, well, I think Britney's BBMA 2016 costume was heavily inspired by it. The resemblance is pretty unmistakable, at least in my opinion:

1415028629086_wps_25_victoriassecret_1_h

rs_634x1024-160522172527-634-britney-spe

(Not that there's anything wrong with that at all, the costume was gorgeous. I just think it's funny that while debating whether or not she wore one knockoff Fantasy Bra on stage yesterday, I found another). Girl loves herself some Victoria's Secret! :orly: 

Archived