Why do people not like HIAM MV?

MiloszPoland

She looks uncomfortable and annoyed in the whole video.  The editing is also super messy and jarring. It's hard to follow what's going on. I prefer cleaner focus on different scenes rather than a cut in the action every 3-4 seconds.  Pretty much you can tell she's a) on meds, b) not in to it. I think her lack of passion for dancing at this point is beyond obvious.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The video itself is such a mistery. I remerber a headline about Britney having a breakdown because of the painting scene and nobody in this forum believe it, but then the video premiered and everything was kinda true. I do believe that the video is using very heavy simbology, heavy stuffs, specially satanic simbology and mk ultra. Well, Jonas is known for promoting that in every video and product commercial. 

People saying is bad edited...., did you noticed the editing goes to the beat of the song?, everything is well planned, is not random.

The visuals and the concept are on point. The video is original, there's no other like it. The fight scene is not 100% new (since Madonna also did it) but is very well choreographed and along with the Dubstep, these scene is really good. Also, when the last chorus starts I feel everything turns so powerful and exciting. The video has big replay value, and that's something very positive.

I agree that Britney wasn't very into it, but she was like that in the WHOLE era, not just HIAM.

On 12/14/2017 at 6:09 PM, PokemonSpears said:

People say the dead eyes was on purpose to fit the vibe of the video :tiffcackle: I guess she kept the character for all the promo interviews and performances too to keep cohesiveness.

The dead eyes look in TTWE must be because the fictional Britney knows she's about to die in the apocalypsis but she's forced to dance till the last moment (she would later reveal in her most personal album that no, she will ONLY dance til her body ache). 

she actually "sings" 

I wanna dance till my body ache
A little bit longer

#fakefan 

On 12/19/2017 at 4:21 PM, notacamwhore said:

Even though I like the music I hardly ever watch the femme fatale vids. She looks so washed out and tired 

This.  I loved the FF vids back in the day, especially ‘I Wanna Go’, but watching them now is... weird.  She just looks so worn out and uncomfortable.  Ironically, the only video from that era in which she doesn’t seem detached is ‘Criminal’.

I love the song and the video is pretty amazing. But the problem was Britney... She doesn't look good and as everyone says, she looks miserable. And the choreo was awful, the body double, the fight scene is amazing but it's SO obvious that the body doubles were men :ehno: and I don't like the end, it feels like they couldn't finish the filming so they used a bunch of clips to create the complete dance scene (With repeated scenes 9:cackling:)

Archived