Why do people not like HIAM MV?

MiloszPoland

I hate that video. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

She looks like she's been medicated to the gills just to force her on to set. The illuminati theme was so over-done by that point, so it felt like she was just hopping on a trend. It's edited too fast, I'm assuming to disguise the fact that she couldn't execute the choreography or the fight sequence. She's way too over-photoshopped. Even little details bother me, like the fact it's not her feet in the fight sequence -- it's clearly the body double's foot.

I do love the opening sequences, but it goes downhill quick from there.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People were praising it the minute it dropped, how creative it was, how she was gonna destroy Gaga (that fan war of 2011) and how she killed the dance break.

How the opinions changed.

It's definitely one of her more symbolic videos that she's ever made and of course, she had to have had to know what she was doing in the video and what it meant or else it would have been scrapped. She had body doubles for certain scenes so if she was uncomfortable or didn't want to shoot certain pieces, there's your answer. I don't get the fandom, the video has its flaws but it isn't terrible by any sense. Britney isn't her best but it still delivers what a first single video should - it's imaginative, deep, self-referential and did its job to start the era. Compared to the horrible official Make Me video, at least the director gave us something different than Britney in a club, doing a literal video interpretation of the song.

The concept itself is really good and it has a very good marketing behind it.

The thing is, Femme Fatale is a gem, but she in the HIAM video is not the best, it wasn't Britney's best era, in my opinion it was her worse in terms of Britney the superstar.

I like it overall tho :brit:

On 12/16/2017 at 12:37 AM, Dollanganger said:

People were praising it the minute it dropped, how creative it was, how she was gonna destroy Gaga (that fan war of 2011) and how she killed the dance break.

How the opinions changed.

It's definitely one of her more symbolic videos that she's ever made and of course, she had to have had to know what she was doing in the video and what it meant or else it would have been scrapped. She had body doubles for certain scenes so if she was uncomfortable or didn't want to shoot certain pieces, there's your answer. I don't get the fandom, the video has its flaws but it isn't terrible by any sense. Britney isn't her best but it still delivers what a first single video should - it's imaginative, deep, self-referential and did its job to start the era. Compared to the horrible official Make Me video, at least the director gave us something different than Britney in a club, doing a literal video interpretation of the song.

i like ur comment ... but that video was anything BUT a literal interpretation. It was the director's visual depiction of her career ... Think about it - Do you see Britney going "Ok, yeah, depicting my inner struggle with myself and showcasing how my handlers furthered my career sounds like a great idea" -I'm sorry, I don"t see it. I think the way it was presented to her was something along the lines of "So, there's this scene where you're surrounded by all your previous videos portraying your legacy and then there'll be a scene where you'll find another blonde who wants to be just like you" which ultimately is anything BUT what the video is about.

21 hours ago, MaPlayz said:

i like ur comment ... but that video was anything BUT a literal interpretation. It was the director's visual depiction of her career ... Think about it - Do you see Britney going "Ok, yeah, depicting my inner struggle with myself and showcasing how my handlers furthered my career sounds like a great idea" -I'm sorry, I don"t see it. I think the way it was presented to her was something along the lines of "So, there's this scene where you're surrounded by all your previous videos portraying your legacy and then there'll be a scene where you'll find another blonde who wants to be just like you" which ultimately is anything BUT what the video is about.

I'm referring to the literal interpretation of the song - the lyrics. :tiffcackle:

• 11 months later...
On 12/14/2017 at 5:15 PM, ITZFFGL said:

Because people take screenshots of awkward milliseconds and use it to fuel their annoying Femme Fatale conspiracy theories :imcute:

The video is great. 

as annoying as the delusional mental health theories they usually come up with as if they were psychiatrists :shadelaugh:

Not gonna deny she went throught a hard time but stating (unknown) facts about her life and behavior is on another different level. 

4 minutes ago, NewDisplayName said:

I love the video.. more than song.. I think people don’t like it because of the shape Britney was in.. :jtum:

Yeah, I love the video (now). It took me a while but I’ve come around, mainly because it’s so different than anything she’s ever done. And I needed some time to distance myself from the bad memories of FFT era. But the song itself hasn’t aged well for me. Even then when it first came out I wasn’t ever thrilled with it. It has some catchiness but overall the song isn’t anything spectacular or memorable.  

30 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

Yeah, I love the video (now). It took me a while but I’ve come around, mainly because it’s so different than anything she’s ever done. And I needed some time to distance myself from the bad memories of FFT era. But the song itself hasn’t aged well for me. Even then when it first came out I wasn’t ever thrilled with it. It has some catchiness but overall the song isn’t anything spectacular or memorable.  

Yeap.. but it had new sound that was brought to other artists material after..that’s the main thing I appreciate hiam and ff tbh..

Archived