Was Britney really dancing her BEST during the Onyx Hotel Tour?

jamesedward94

OKAY.

I know this won’t make me popular.....

Buttttt.....

I don’t think she did some of the choregraphy on the Onyx tour as good as she really could have.

Don’t get me wrong, she dances BRILLIANTLY in it, but the movements during parts like the breakdown of Overprotected don’t look near as good as good as they could have. It just seems like with each concert she was starting to phone it in in my opinion. The moves were kinda fast and not full on and every time I watch the performances, although they’re great, I just can’t help but wish she would have put just a little more into it. She doesn’t look like she’s enjoying herself as much as earlier shows.

I know that was still her prime, but you can tell she was starting to get really tired and needed a break. She wanted to settle down at that point and get married and have babies and she was over it in my opinion.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest I Think I'm Ready Now

She was wearing heels on Onyx, unlike her previous tours

She was also a bit more fat and less toned, and tired of performing

28 minutes ago, car said:

Obviously it was incredible (esp comapred to now), but by the end and after watching Chaotic, you can tell she was over it. Especially at the Rock in Rio LIsbon concert. she was like whateeevz.

Rock In Rio Lisbon Britney killed each and every choreography - the choreo from RIR blows Miami out of the water.

She looks better in the Miami show, but the camera angles and editing distract from her a lot of the numbers.

The thing is that she was starting to get bigger, more voluptuous and that's why she looks heavier in her movements, like not as sharp, but at the same time it was like more laid-back kind of vibe, so it could've been intentional too.

I agree about the OHT, for example, Toxic she's on top of that thing almost the entire performance, and only descends in the end. Overprotected, she doesn't do the chorus, and other bits I think.

However I do think the ITZ promo performances, like the ABC especial, or the other appearances on TV shows could be considered her peak as a performer, and also her beauty peak (the ABC). 

1 hour ago, jamesedward94 said:

OKAY.

I know this won’t make me popular.....

Buttttt.....

I don’t think she did some of the choregraphy on the Onyx tour as good as she really could have.

Don’t get me wrong, she dances BRILLIANTLY in it, but the movements during parts like the breakdown of Overprotected don’t look near as good as good as they could have. It just seems like with each concert she was starting to phone it in in my opinion. The moves were kinda fast and not full on and every time I watch the performances, although they’re great, I just can’t help but wish she would have put just a little more into it. She doesn’t look like she’s enjoying herself as much as earlier shows.

I know that was still her prime, but you can tell she was starting to get really tired and needed a break. She wanted to settle down at that point and get married and have babies and she was over it in my opinion.

With regard to your last paragraph, you're absolutely right. Britney basically even admitted as much during "Chaotic."

47 minutes ago, ovoxo said:

I was watching videos of the boys choreo breakdown yesterday and you can see she clearly did it better during DWAD. 

This. I noticed the exact same thing when watching that video yesterday, and was frankly surprised (DWAD has always been my favorite tour, but I had always assumed that the dancing in OHT was superior until I saw all those "Boys" performances compared one after another).

4 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

This. I noticed the exact same thing when watching that video yesterday, and was frankly surprised (DWAD has always been my favorite tour, but I had always assumed that the dancing in OHT was superior until I saw all those "Boys" performances compared one after another).

Saaaaame. I always say OHT was the her prime in terms of dancing but now I don't know. Both tours had their highlights. 

4 minutes ago, ovoxo said:

Saaaaame. I always say OHT was the her prime in terms of dancing but now I don't know. Both tours had their highlights. 

Yeah, definitely. I think "The Hook Up" performance during OHT is a dancing highlight from her entire career. But of course, DWAD had "Lonely," "Slave," "What It's Like To Be Me," that amazingly sharp and rapid breakdown during the original version of "Overprotected," etc. The DWAD choreo in the original version of "Boys" was great as well. 

I wonder if anyone has made a similar compilation video of the "Overprotected" remix to compare the dancing between the second leg of DWAD and OHT. That'd be interesting. :mhm:

1 hour ago, Streets said:

Rock In Rio Lisbon Britney killed each and every choreography - the choreo from RIR blows Miami out of the water.

She looks better in the Miami show, but the camera angles and editing distract from her a lot of the numbers.

I guess I disagree. The passion in her face was completely gone. Felt like she was going through a routine (while still obviously hitting things sharp). Defintiely was the consensus on the forums back in the day.

27 minutes ago, Jill Valentine said:

I'm watching her OHT now, if anything I think it's her catsuit that's "holding her back."  It seems really restricting but with that said, she is on fire.  I really forgot how amazing her dancing was in this show, the first four numbers alone blow anything she's done in years.   :anxiety:

I was thinking the same thing about the catsuit!  In the Overprotected Darkchild Remix video she has those long sleeves and she was also skinnier so her moves just had a lot more impact and wow factor. During Onyx the choreography for that number doesn’t have quite as much punch, except for the splits part which was always amazing.   

Archived