Was Britney really dancing her BEST during the Onyx Hotel Tour?

jamesedward94

16 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

I was thinking the same thing about the catsuit!  In the Overprotected Darkchild Remix video she has those long sleeves and she was also skinnier so her moves just had a lot more impact and wow factor. During Onyx the choreography for that number doesn’t have quite as much punch, except for the splits part which was always amazing.   

The midsection in particular looked the most restricting, but she still was able to keep up with her dancers.  In the video, the strobe lights and quick edits helped, buts she moved in a completely different rhythm compared to her dancers.   They attacked that dance break, while Britney was a lot more feminine.    

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

she def danced more in OHT than any of her previous tours, I personally don't think it was her best (the ABC Special was better than the actual tour)

BOMT/Crazy2k/OIDIA tours were more about building her brand/image so it was less dancing but more live singing

DWAD was mostly lipped but it was very theatrical and had more complicated numbers (though less dancing per se) that would distract people from the lipping part

since Onyx Hotel was 90% lipped and much more simple (and boring) than DWAD, the best way to keep people's attention would be through the dancing to distract themselves from the fact that she wasn't singing and that the show was downsize from DWAD

3 minutes ago, Britneyisfire said:

I cannot believe people are calling her "bigger" in here when she looked like this:

Image result for britney spears onyx hotel

Image result for britney spears onyx hotel tourgiphy.gif

This board has a warped sense of weight when it comes to Britney. 

Well she was "bigger" but they are NOT calling her fat.:rihit:

She just seemed more toned during the dream within a dream tour.  By Onyx, she had a lil bit more fat and less muscle tonicity it looks like.

8f9997e2f96b38cb03a4cf1c7c55d44a--britne

l.jpg

3 hours ago, Delicious Pork Chops said:

Well she was "bigger" but they are NOT calling her fat.:rihit:

She just seemed more toned during the dream within a dream tour.  By Onyx, she had a lil bit more fat and less muscle tonicity it looks like.

8f9997e2f96b38cb03a4cf1c7c55d44a--britne

l.jpg

She was nowhere near big enough for it to affect her dancing. This reminds me of when the media was calling her fat in the Do Somethin' video when she was tiny. People are always so rude about her body. 

The DWAD was her best tour in terms of dancing but the Onyx Hotel Tour was way superior in terms of attitude, fierceness, confidence. It was supposed to be a more intimate show but given she was a global super star nothing can be intimate so the whole vibe of it was intended to be a more theatrical show, kind of like a NY/Broadway show. Britney wanted (or I guess she was casted) a role in the Chicago movie so I always relate that rumor with the Onyx Hotel vibe. To me, her best show to date. :staysalty:

4 hours ago, Britneyisfire said:

She was nowhere near big enough for it to affect her dancing. This reminds me of when the media was calling her fat in the Do Somethin' video when she was tiny. People are always so rude about her body. 

But it would affect her dancing.

Look at the difference in her muscle tone between the beginning of POM and the end of POM. She's much more toned now, and has much more control over precise movements. It shows.

Archived