Why was Britney's GMA performance SO great but almost everything after it not?

jamesedward94

Hmm... you're kinda putting your opinion across as fact when it's all subjective.

Personally, I think the GMA performance was underwhelming and the start of a very long and painful decline in her ability to perform which didn't start to show some signs of improvement until 2015.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I don't agree. This is the definition of underwhelming post 2004 Britney.

Yes she looks great, and the production is awesome, but she does nothing and looks like she's moving through water compared to the dancers. I love the leg lift though.

I would take Get Naked, POM, IUSA from the tour any day over this, HIAM, TTWE, Slave, HIR, Up n Down, 3 from FFT and plenty of POM performances over this.

43 minutes ago, dancewithme said:

Half an hour later the Womanizer performance was kinda bad

It's not like she was consistently flawless in 2008.  She gave some amazing performances in 2016 as well (BBMA, JR Show and the festivals)

Came here to say this, the Circus performance was good but womanizer was awful 

Guest thanos18
2 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

Watching it now, it's like a completely different person......

Maybe it's medication or maybe she just truly quit caring, but you can CLEARLY see the difference!

She lip-synced great here, grabbing the mic and really getting into it. She strutted around with full confidence. Her movements were great and went with the song absoultely perfectly!

Like, I still have NO idea how she did not give performances like this during the Circus tour. This was like watching the old Britney but she has NOT moved the same since. She never does movements this sharp or perfectly with dancers and she has not had the same confidence or anything. Her hair and body haven't even looked this good. And this was in front of a live audience broadcasting to millions so she should've been a nervous wreck!

I truly don't know what happened and it's really weird to me!

circus tour had great moments too.she was very ****-had attiude,swag,sharp moves,in sync with her dancers.the fire was there.confident.everything changed in 2010! these are good performances zDiwDUN.gif  http://i.imgur.com/zDiwDUN.gif 

BBMA was much better she was nervous at the beginning but then she explode and gave a perfect performance. Here she looks good, production was good, intro was perfect but later her choreo is not that good, she didn't do 100% of it also it looks good cuz of her costume, it looks perfect on her but this performance wasn't anything special  

I totally understand what are you saying, she looked like Britney Spears back then.

Her dancing is pretty nonexistent, but yet the production, outfit and her body were on point.

I think she looked this way most of the circus tour, looking like Britney Spears but without any major performing skills.

We will maybe never find out what was happening back then, what kind of issues she has even today, and let's be real it is non of our business. But you have to understand that mental issues are very inconvenient, and every day is struggle so maybe there is your answer.

Also doctors can not determine mental issues fast, you have to observe a patient for longer time to determine what are real issues and then there is long process of adjustment on right medications. 

Also there is always possibility that patient with already some kind of condition will develop by time some extra issues. So the whole situation is pretty tricky.

I believe that she is now in better place, she found good balance and because of that I would love to see more serious approach to her career.

But again it's her life and her career, she can do with it what ever she wants.

1 hour ago, dancewithme said:

Half an hour later the Womanizer performance was kinda bad

It's not like she was consistently flawless in 2008.  She gave some amazing performances in 2016 as well (BBMA, JR Show and the festivals)

The womanizer performance was almost as bad as VMA 2007 tbh. 

She forgot where she was supposed to be on stage like 8 times. The choreo was lacklustre. She skipped a LOT of hair flips and interactions with the dancers onstage. 

Watching rhe GMA womanizer, then the X Factor womanizer... you can really see how uninterested she was in it 

2 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

Still not the same. Once again, YES, the original Break the Ice is great. But Britney changed completely after 2008. The ONLY way she could change so much is meds. And even then I still don't understand how she changed so much.

The entire Circus Tour and Femme Fatale Tour were a joke. 

It's anyone's guess what the hell happened in 2010/2011.......

Britney grew up dancing and taking dance classes and performing at SUCH a young age and on Star Search and the Mickey Mouse Club. It's literally in her blood so I just truly do not understand how even after a breakdown and some tough times she can completely lose the ability to perform like she used to.... This GMA performance was SO good but something happened after it and something happened during tour rehearsals and it's just all so mysterious. 

so the type of meds that she is rumoured to have been on can make your co-ordination and balance worse (i speak from expierence) thats why when we saw her in femme fetale promos looking a bit doped up and then come the perfomances her dancing was sloppy to say the least a lot of the time. They also make you numb to emotions and a bit of a zombie so she probably most likely didnt even care her dancing wasnt up to par.

16 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

The womanizer performance was almost as bad as VMA 2007 tbh. 

She forgot where she was supposed to be on stage like 8 times. The choreo was lacklustre. She skipped a LOT of hair flips and interactions with the dancers onstage. 

Watching rhe GMA womanizer, then the X Factor womanizer... you can really see how uninterested she was in it 

Before I posted my answer I rewatched both GMA performances and then the X factor one. I still think the X factor is the best performance of the circus era. It makes any other womanizer performance look awful in comparison

2 hours ago, Brad Adamson said:

Hmm... you're kinda putting your opinion across as fact when it's all subjective.

Personally, I think the GMA performance was underwhelming and the start of a very long and painful decline in her ability to perform which didn't start to show some signs of improvement until 2015.

It's not that her dancing was great. It wasn't. It's just that she clearly had great stage persona.  She was great at commanding an audience's attention. (I don't like the Womanizer performance as much however).

Despite the Circus Tour being very average/below average in showcasing her as a performer, she still did have a great stage persona.  On the other hand, yes, her actual performing ability did start to decline during this period.

I would also say that 2016>2017 as far as her performing/stage persona goes.

Honestly all I see is her strutting around and nothing else tbh. I don't see any dancing what so ever in this performance. :outwithit:I will be honest Circus era had great production on its tour, promo performances, its a great album one of my faves and it was a great era.  But on its performance there was no dancing to except on the Mannequin rehearsal video. This is definitely not a Primney based performance at all, she looks great though! :nicki2:

I remember being so hyped for this performance.  I tried so freaking hard to get tickets for this too, but I didn't. When I watched it live on TV, I was so underwhelmed. I thought Circus was just okay and Womanizer was awful.

Watching them both now, Circus was actually pretty darn good. Britney didn't look nervous. She looked **** as heck. She did a lot of the movements sharp and precise. I don't know what the hell happened during Womanizer. Like WHAT HAPPENED? It's almost like a completely different person was on stage. The performance was beyond sloppy and at the end you could tell she just wanted to run off of that stage lol. 

But yeah, OP the Circus performance was great. Sure it wasn't all dance dance like we were used to Pre-Circus era, but it was good. All of the Circus era promo performances were good (except Womanizer GMA). 

Archived