Why was Britney's GMA performance SO great but almost everything after it not?

jamesedward94

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really wondering what do the people who consider this is bad think about current Britney...

Although it didn't have  as much choreo as in her prime there's a list of things that totally escapes from Britney's today mastery:

- Incredible attitude and confidence, I've got to ask, where were them during her best current perfomance Billboard Music Awards 2016?. She looked really nerveous and starting from there it's undeniable the effect this could have in the way the perfomance looks and that this make it lose some points,  this could be the first and main problem on her nowdays perfomaces.

- The choreo it had, call it almost nothing/ a little bit/ not as much as in... , was sharp and on point, was fluent, was  eye-candy. May I ask where can I find an actual Britney video moving her abdomen and waist (a distinctive feature in her dancing during her prime)  the way she did at that perfmance? I'd really be watching it gawking as **** rather than what I'm seeing today (I'm not going to even consider necessary to bring Piece Of Me videos) that Womanizer breakdown says nothing to me,  she moved her arms fast and that's it, does it look good? yes, but that doesn't change the fact that it's nothing to be impressed about.

- There was an aura of high standar and high quality that would make you enjoy everything she did way more easily, I can't see that today,  what I see is a cheap perfomance where she's constantly playing with her hair, putting silly faces as the majority of  the users from Exhale do  that only she'd think they're funny, awful costumes, awful choreography...

I'm not saying I can't enjoy some things of what she's actually doing, I can, and I'm not also saying everything she does is bad compared to others or considering her actual place even if it could look better, but if I'm honest there's a really noticible difference from what she did on Circus to now and specially a huge difference on the potential she had in each moment  to get better.

This being said I'm not even expecting she's gonna get a whole lot better, I do have some hopes for this next era because of being her 20 anniversary but after that I wont expect anything... knowing she's 35, knowing the way she has been these last 7 years, knowing what her priorities seem to be it just could be kind of deluded to be here expecting she's gonna do anything differently because she probably wont, that's the reason I'm not even visiting this site as I used to at first. I've criticized what she's doing and I actually do, she's really not doing the right thing in some aspects but being sincerely honest I internally know the time to ask her anything is almost, if not totally, gone. 

I don't think this performance is any better than the BBMA performance. 

She just looks calmer, and isn't so ******* fidgety. Nowadays she fills every moment with a fidget (fixing her hair, doing that sweeping hand movement over her hips). It's grating to watch.

Maybe it's the style of choreo, too? This is much more pleasant to watch than the kinds of choreo in POM.

13 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

Watching it now, it's like a completely different person......

Maybe it's medication or maybe she just truly quit caring, but you can CLEARLY see the difference!

She lip-synced great here, grabbing the mic and really getting into it. She strutted around with full confidence. Her movements were great and went with the song absoultely perfectly!

Like, I still have NO idea how she did not give performances like this during the Circus tour. This was like watching the old Britney but she has NOT moved the same since. She never does movements this sharp or perfectly with dancers and she has not had the same confidence or anything. Her hair and body haven't even looked this good. And this was in front of a live audience broadcasting to millions so she should've been a nervous wreck!

I truly don't know what happened and it's really weird to me!

What are u even talking about ur acting like this is one of her best performances she literally just walks around the entire time does some of the dance break and then a high kick.. 

Are we watching the same performance, tbh?

She hits like 3 moves, and then awkwardly walks around... And just repeats this cycle until the song is over. She barely even executes the few moves she has

She looks amazing, clearly.. but I feel the same way now watching this in 2017 as I did waking up early to catch this in 2008. Just a lackluster, typical "Walk-cus" performance

2 minutes ago, jokobitch said:

What are u even talking about ur acting like this is one of her best performances she literally just walks around the entire time does some of the dance break and then a high kick.. 

This is the only time I have seen primeney since her breakdown. Just my opinion. She looked like her old self throughout the Circus Tour, but she didn't move with any of the finesse and precision of this performance. Yes, she's done more and had more energy recently, but she doesn't look the same. This is one of my personal favorite performances. Womanizer is a completely different story, but I love this one!   

4 minutes ago, Streets said:

Are we watching the same performance, tbh?

She hits like 3 moves, and then awkwardly walks around... And just repeats this cycle until the song is over. She barely even executes the few moves she has

She looks amazing, clearly.. but I feel the same way now watching this in 2017 as I did waking up early to catch this in 2008. Just a lackluster, typical "Walk-cus" performance

We are. Haha.

She does walk a lot but she looks confident doing it. The choreography she does do is really good and fits the songs. The way she moves her arms and hands look really good. And she looks perfect. Idk what it is, but I like this performance a lot.

2 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I loved this one!

She plays to the camera...the way she used to back in the day. It's something that's missing even from the BBMA performance.

Yeah! I noticed when I watched it again. I think she was able to give those playful looks because they recorded the performance 3 times, which is one more time the whole FFT show got for editing the DVD. :tbh: 

In the 2016 BBMAs she was still eye-******* the camera but not as much, probably because her nerves got in the way. The fact that it was live makes me love it even more tho, because the way she handled her anxiety after Work ***** was beautiful to see. :tiffanycries: Anyway, I think her live performances have been improving a lot, even Make Me @ the VMAs was on point (despite the whole thing being a huge let down). I really can't wait to see her perform at a big award show again and see what she can do after she's done with Vegas!!!

Interestingly enough that performance was widely panned... 

In fact I have noticed that most of what she does is met with a good deal of criticism only to be appreciated years later.. 

I feel like her media frenzy blitz had this effect where ppl started to watch her with not only with greater expectations but with criticism in mind before she even performs. The 2007 VMA's really hit her career hard!! After that performance people could never help but compare each movement/turn/step & it's almost become impossible for her to overcome that.

What is more frustrating is that even though she isn't hitting all of her choreo like she did when she was a teenager.. she is still performing with a lot more choreo & staging then most of the pop acts out there right now. People still hold her to an unrealistic expectation while other artists can strut & do the same series of club/******** moves over & over & they are praised! Lol 

I don't think there is ANYBODY who can be considered a "Dancer" such as Britney, Janet.. Gaga came close but it always felt more like jazzercise, Ri & Bey have great  rhythm but tend to have an arsenal of about 10 moves that are just repeated in different ways... JLo (I just thought of her.. she's def a dancer). 

I still remember this performance a let down in a way... i was happy she was back but just meh, it wasn't her anymore.

even tho the Circus Tour wasn't that bad guys, it was great. but FF was really the huge mark of when **** got real.

we can't complain nowadays, we never know what can happen.

43 minutes ago, Curiousexhaler86 said:

Yeah! I noticed when I watched it again. I think she was able to give those playful looks because they recorded the performance 3 times, which is one more time the whole FFT show got for editing the DVD. :tbh: 

In the 2016 BBMAs she was still eye-******* the camera but not as much, probably because her nerves got in the way. The fact that it was live makes me love it even more tho, because the way she handled her anxiety after Work ***** was beautiful to see. :tiffanycries: Anyway, I think her live performances have been improving a lot, even Make Me @ the VMAs was on point (despite the whole thing being a huge let down). I really can't wait to see her perform at a big award show again and see what she can do after she's done with Vegas!!!

I thought she did great at the VMA's, too.

It was only the production that I felt was "off" for that -- the camera angles, the lighting, the costumes. Britney herself was great!

5 hours ago, RAITEI said:

I'm really wondering what do the people who consider this is bad think about current Britney...

Although it didn't have  as much choreo as in her prime there's a list of things that totally escapes from Britney's today mastery:

- Incredible attitude and confidence, I've got to ask, where were them during her best current perfomance Billboard Music Awards 2016?. She looked really nerveous and starting from there it's undeniable the effect this could have in the way the perfomance looks and that this make it lose some points,  this could be the first and main problem on her nowdays perfomaces.

- The choreo it had, call it almost nothing/ a little bit/ not as much as in... , was sharp and on point, was fluent, was  eye-candy. May I ask where can I find an actual Britney video moving her abdomen and waist (a distinctive feature in her dancing during her prime)  the way she did at that perfmance? I'd really be watching it gawking as **** rather than what I'm seeing today (I'm not going to even consider necessary to bring Piece Of Me videos) that Womanizer breakdown says nothing to me,  she moved her arms fast and that's it, does it look good? yes, but that doesn't change the fact that it's nothing to be impressed about.

- There was an aura of high standar and high quality that would make you enjoy everything she did way more easily, I can't see that today,  what I see is a cheap perfomance where she's constantly playing with her hair, putting silly faces as the majority of  the users from Exhale do  that only she'd think they're funny, awful costumes, awful choreography...

I'm not saying I can't enjoy some things of what she's actually doing, I can, and I'm not also saying everything she does is bad compared to others or considering her actual place even if it could look better, but if I'm honest there's a really noticible difference from what she did on Circus to now and specially a huge difference on the potential she had in each moment  to get better.

This being said I'm not even expecting she's gonna get a whole lot better, I do have some hopes for this next era because of being her 20 anniversary but after that I wont expect anything... knowing she's 35, knowing the way she has been these last 7 years, knowing what her priorities seem to be it just could be kind of deluded to be here expecting she's gonna do anything differently because she probably wont, that's the reason I'm not even visiting this site as I used to at first. I've criticized what she's doing and I actually do, she's really not doing the right thing in some aspects but being sincerely honest I internally know the time to ask her anything is almost, if not totally, gone. 

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! FINALLY someone understands!!!!!

:otears:

Archived